New Direction [written]

Loleo

New Direction

Quick play spell

Target one Link monster on the field and a Link monster in either players' GY with the same link rating. The first monster has it's link arrows replaced with arrows of the second monster. If the first targeted monster is destroyed while the second targeted monster is in the GY: you can special summon the second targeted monster from the GY. 

@Rayfield Lumina First card in forever

I was inspired by @drowsyCoffee's Fiends and Fairies and an idea I had looking at them. It was going to be a "pack filler" that with the synchros that treat themselves as links in grave that had no arrows. You can remove the pointing of a link.

The lore behind this is You show A LINK monster, the ones who guide and follow starting in the extra monster zones, another way of direction. A course of equal power but alternate direction, by changing their ways they may pave the path towards a brighter future.

A real Christmas Carol like story of viewing the past (literally a ghost) to alter the present and change the future.

Kinda wanna change that "is destroyed" clause with a "is sent to the GY" or "leaves the field" clause tbh, i feel like ya could make some funny shenanigans with the card as some sort of makeshift reborn spell if so. Then again, stuff like Yang Zings or Metalfoes already could use it like that, so eh, might be unneccesary, while i dont know if those decks would need something like that, at least its a potential interesting niche for the card to fullfil

Arrow reallocation, this is truly fascinating! I love the idea, I think it would open up a ton of interesting plays. Drowsy's onto something, but I wonder if that flexibility wouldn't make it overly dangerous. IDK, not really opposed to Drowsy's idea, but I feel comfortable with how the card is right now. After all, it's generic destruction, so even you could trigger it.

Archived