Common Charity worklist

Hello, fine peoples!

Now that there's a written Common card format, I've decided to finally start putting together a doc/spreadsheet/something for Common cards that seem like they'd be really useful in that kind of limited format. I've always been interested in alternate formats/draft play, and I've wanted to do this for a while, but I guess there was very little incentive to do so.

For this project, I plan to make 2 overall lists: 1. Cards that were Common during their first printing and, 2. Cards that had any Common printing. We still don't have an official announcement of the formats iirc, so I wanna play it safe.

People have already speculated on what archetypes would be used/good, so my focus will be on generic cards, as well as cards that would support specific types/attributes.

Finally, I aim to break down the cards into categories that make it easy to see and build a deck around. If your Deck needs more ways to draw, there will be a tab for that. You need more spell/trap removal? The doc will have some suggestions.

It's gonna be a lot of work, but for now, I'd like to do it alone. I plan to update my progress in this thread, but if it's been a few days and I haven't said anything, feel free to give me a kick in the behind (i.e. ping me) so I don't forget about this.

Cheers!

I have compiled 150+ cards on my worklist thus far.

I would say that about a third of them are suggested tech cards as listed in a Common Charity Format discord, but I've found a lot more that seem to vary in usability.  Of course, I don't intend to put all common cards in this worklist (that'd probably kill me), just ones that seem like they'd have some utility.

I also started another section on the worklist detailing some engines that are available in the format.

Archived