Insect Support [Written]

Thomas★Zero

Basic Battle Insect
lv 2 EARTH
Insect/Effect
If you control a Insect monster, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand.) You can only Special Summon "Basic Battle Insect" once per turn this way. Gains 500 ATK and DEF for each card your opponent controls. If this card was sent from the field to the GY: Add up to 2 Level 2 or lower Insect monster from your Deck to your hand, also, for the rest of this turn, you cannot Special Summon monsters except Insect monsters. You can only use this effect of "Basic Battle Insect" once per turn.
ATK/500 DEF/700

Silk Weaver
lv 2 EARTH
Insect/Effect
You can reveal this card in your hand; add 1 "Cocoon of" Card from your Deck to your hand. You can only use this effect of "Silk Weaver" once per turn. You can equip this card (from your hand) to 1 Insect monster you control; the equipped monster cannot be destroyed by battle or by your opponents card effects.
ATK/200 DEF/1000

Supreme King Great Moth - Hercules
lv 12 EARTH
Insect/Fusion/Effect
5 Insect monsters
Must be Fusion Summoned. If this card was summoned by the effect of "Cocoon of Supreme Evolution", this card cannot be destroyed by battle or by your opponents card effects. During each of your End Phases: Place 1 Scale Counter on all monsters your opponent controls. All monsters your opponent controls lose 500 ATK and DEF for each Scale Counter on them. If this card attacks while their are 5 Scale Counter on the field, your opponent cannot activate cards or effects on the field until after damage calculation. You can remove all Scale Counters on the field; Inflict damage to your opponents LP equal to the number of Scale Counters removed from this card x 500. You can only use this effect of "Supreme King Great Moth - Hercules" once per turn.
ATK/4400 DEF/3900

Cocoon of Supreme Evolution
Spell Card
After activation, apply 1 of the following effects.
* Banish monsters from your hand, field or GY whose combined Level equal 8; Special Summon 1 "Great Moth" monster from your Deck ignoring its summoning conditions.
* Banish monsters from your hand, field or GY whose combined Level equal 12; Special Summon 1 "Supreme King Great Moth - Hercules" from your Extra Deck (this Special Summon is treated as a Fusion Summon.)
You can only activate 1 "Cocoon of Supreme Evolution" once per turn. 

Spider Feast
Quick Play Spell Card
Target 1 Insect monster you control; destroy the targeted card, then, draw 1 card and Special Summon 1 "Hungry Spider Token" (Insect Type/EARTH/Level 2/ATK ?/DEF ?). This tokens ATK and DEF is equal to the destroyed cards ATK. You can only activate 1 "Spider Feast" once per turn.

Cocoon of Absolute Defense 
Trap Card
All battle damage you take involving Insect monsters you control becomes 0 this turn. All Insect monsters you control cannot be destroyed by battle or by your opponents card effects this turn. If a Insect monster(s) would be destroyed by an opponents card, you can banish this card from your GY instead. 

Cocoon of Captured Prey
Continous Trap Card
Target 1 monster your opponent controls; take control of the targeted card and equip it with this card. The monster equipped with this card cannot attack, its effects are negated and becomes a Insect monster. If this card leaves the field, return the control of that monster to your opponent.

8 hours ago, Surge77754 said:

How do these cards help Insects in some way? After all Insects are about swarming the field. Support is meant to help in some way.  

If I am assuming correctly this is more specifically cocoon/moth support primarily and works to have long lasting insects on the field. I think this helps with swarming as well!

14 hours ago, Loleo said:

If I am assuming correctly this is more specifically cocoon/moth support primarily and works to have long lasting insects on the field. I think this helps with swarming as well!

That's good.  Support should be made for archetypes/ideas that were abandoned by Konami, but you have to be careful.

On 1/21/2022 at 8:49 AM, hello Broadway said:

I love the idea, and I'm  just amused by the idea of summoning basic Beatle with 4k attack. I know it probably won't jhappen it's just funny that you could.

with a base 500ATK it can actually be easily summoned with 4k (your opponent controls 7 cards) and by its own effect can have 6500! (5 main monster zones, extra monster zone, 5 S/T zones, field spell zone 12 cards!) 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/7/2022 at 9:17 AM, hello Broadway said:

I want this to be real so I can try and make Basic Beatle OTK

Cool idea! For an OTK based strategy, you're going to need a lot of stuff in order to make your deck go 2nd.  If the opponent goes 1st, you're going to need hand traps like Ash, Veiler, Imperm, Effect Veiler to halt him.  Then when he runs out of moves and it becomes your turn, use all of your might against him. 

Going 2nd cards include Dark Ruler no More, Forbidden Droplet, cards that give big stat boosts (e.g. United We Stand, Mage Power, the ability to attack directly), Sphere Mode, Kaijus. 

Archived