[Written] Major Wager

cr47t

Major Wager

Continuous Spell

Unaffected by other card effects. This card's effects cannot be negated. You can only control one face-up "Major Wager". When this card is activated, or at the start of your Main Phase 1, activate one of the following effects that have not been activated this Duel by the effect of "Major Wager" (this is not optional):

-Shuffle 1 other card on the field back into the Deck.

-Draw 2 cards, then banish 1 card from your hand face-down.

-Special Summon 1 monster from either players' Graveyard, but it loses 800 ATK.

-You lose the Duel.

-----

was browsing some MTG cards and wondering how they would work if reworked into YGO. (i don't play MTG, so this is kind of a silly experiment, but whatever.) this is one of a few I may make over some span of time. thoughts?

3 hours ago, cr47t said:

thoughts?

Some little adjustment suggestions in grammar: When talking about quantity of cards, always use the ordinal number, 1, not "one". Also, you can 100% omit the (this is not optional parenthesis. As long as you don't add the "You can", the effect is  mandatory and unavoidable. In this case, the "activate" forces you to do it, in contrast to a "You can activate..." In regard of the particular, I'm debating whether that very word should be used here. I kinda feel that with this kind of bulleted effects, it'd be better to "apply", but in this one I'm not positive.

Sooo, 4 turns and ded. Meanwhile, 3 powerful effects, which nicely enough, can be applied in the order you'd like, but not more than once. It's cool stuff in general. Have you considered that this card can leave the field despite the strict "protective effects" it has? -which in this particular case works against you, but that's the idea-. It's very unlikely, but yeah, while there isn't Giant Trunade in Advanced lol, there's Pot of the Forbidden, a FLIP two tributes mon with Trunade's effect. A bit more likely, Poseidra, the Atlantean Dragon, Blackwing Abrolhos, Swift Birdman Joe (ewww), Mist Valley Executor (also eww), Elemental HERO Magma Neos, Fairy Knight Ingunar, Stellarknight Triverr, and dunno what else. So yeah, you could use the three effects and return to hand to avoid death, then discard as cost to avoid it being a brick in the hand. 

On 2/19/2022 at 7:17 PM, Rayfield Lumina said:

Sooo, 4 turns and ded. Meanwhile, 3 powerful effects, which nicely enough, can be applied in the order you'd like, but not more than once. It's cool stuff in general. Have you considered that this card can leave the field despite the strict "protective effects" it has? -which in this particular case works against you, but that's the idea-. It's very unlikely, but yeah, while there isn't Giant Trunade in Advanced lol, there's Pot of the Forbidden, a FLIP two tributes mon with Trunade's effect. A bit more likely, Poseidra, the Atlantean Dragon, Blackwing Abrolhos, Swift Birdman Joe (ewww), Mist Valley Executor (also eww), Elemental HERO Magma Neos, Fairy Knight Ingunar, Stellarknight Triverr, and dunno what else. So yeah, you could use the three effects and return to hand to avoid death, then discard as cost to avoid it being a brick in the hand. 

If you can resolve pot of the Forbidden to avoid death with this, then you resolve pot of the forbidden and gain discard fodder.

2 hours ago, cr47t said:

edited the first clause. is it any better?

Removed from the field is a term used pre-PSCT. While it's understandable, cards nowadays use "leave the field". Incidentally, I don't remember an usage that is precedent to what you're trying here. The usage is for stuff like

"If this card would leave the field, banish it instead"

"even if this card leaves the field"

This doesn't mean that your formula cannot be, it's just something that doesn't exist (or that I know of at least). Now, I can suggest a very simple and absolute effect:

"Unaffected by other card effects"

This 100% secures the card will stay on the field to kill you on the fourth turn. Note that in the previous version, the effect of the card itself can be negated, something I didn't think of before. In this case, that's prevented as well, if you're 100% positive you want an avoidable seppuku

papa.gif.8221556989bd0512153b35162bf427ea.gif

2 hours ago, Rayfield Lumina said:

Removed from the field is a term used pre-PSCT. While it's understandable, cards nowadays use "leave the field". Incidentally, I don't remember an usage that is precedent to what you're trying here. The usage is for stuff like

"If this card would leave the field, banish it instead"

"even if this card leaves the field"

This doesn't mean that your formula cannot be, it's just something that doesn't exist (or that I know of at least). Now, I can suggest a very simple and absolute effect:

"Unaffected by other card effects"

This 100% secures the card will stay on the field to kill you on the fourth turn. Note that in the previous version, the effect of the card itself can be negated, something I didn't think of before. In this case, that's prevented as well, if you're 100% positive you want an avoidable seppuku

papa.gif.8221556989bd0512153b35162bf427ea.gif

edited that part again; thank you for the advice

Archived