Christmas Subquest Card Contest

Loleo

My goods are on the line here, whoever sends the best card in the next 72 hours gets most of my stuff.

Deadline: March 6th 2022 5:30 PM CST

1st

100 gems and their choice of 3 items

2nd

50 gems and the remaining 2 items

3rd

36 gems

Theme: Inspired by the games of the Christmas event, from any phase.

Theme: up to 5 points

Balance, practicality, usefulness: up to 10 points

Grammer: up to 2 points

Art: (up to 1 if PDF up to 3 if hand drawn)

Don't want things to go to waste.  Here's a card for phase 3.  If I were to find art for it, I'd probably aim for something relatively cute that Ray would actually let someone use for a player character.

Dungeon Delving Magikid
LIGHT **
Spellcaster/Effect
Tribute this card and pick 1 column on the field; activate the following effect.
- Place cards from the top of your Deck face-down in each unoccupied Zone in that column.  You and your opponent take turns declaring a card type (Monster, Spell, or Trap) and revealing 1 card in that column placed by this effect.  If the revealed card is the declared type, that player adds it to their hand, otherwise, send it to the GY.  Pendulum Monsters are treated as both monsters and spells.  The turn player goes first.
400/900

You could also say this is similar to the phase 2 games, trying to guess where the items are, but I like the idea of a little mage apprentice with a lantern at the end of their staff nervously exploring a dungeon.

On 3/6/2022 at 12:06 PM, Redro said:

Don't want things to go to waste.  Here's a card for phase 3.  If I were to find art for it, I'd probably aim for something relatively cute that Ray would actually let someone use for a player character.

Dungeon Delving Magikid
LIGHT **
Spellcaster/Effect
Tribute this card and pick 1 column on the field; activate the following effect.
- Place cards from the top of your Deck face-down in each unoccupied Zone in that column.  You and your opponent take turns declaring a card type (Monster, Spell, or Trap) and revealing 1 card in that column placed by this effect.  If the revealed card is the declared type, that player adds it to their hand, otherwise, send it to the GY.  Pendulum Monsters are treated as both monsters and spells.  The turn player goes first.
400/900

You could also say this is similar to the phase 2 games, trying to guess where the items are, but I like the idea of a little mage apprentice with a lantern at the end of their staff nervously exploring a dungeon.

I will award you your items and review your card shortly sorry for the late response I will review your card but as the only participant you have won 1st place (I don't want to break the competition handing out everything) take your pick of items! 

On 3/6/2022 at 12:06 PM, Redro said:

Dungeon Delving Magikid
LIGHT **
Spellcaster/Effect
400/900

This gets a lot of cards into play and is a perfectly balanced at best +1, +2 cards milled. The flavor is impeccable. Pendulum monsters being both is interesting, and I wish it would have been in parenthesis as a clarifying condition because the way it sits that is a separate effect that is constantly applying while it is on the field... unless that was the original intention? I think it was not because "The turn player goes first" comes after even that statement.

1.8 out of 2 points for grammar (I get the idea but even with the experimental effect I believe you break precedent).

8 out of 10 for BPU doesn't do much except go through the deck but may have niche uses.

5 out of 5 for theme outstanding job.

0 out of 3 for art as there is none

You take first with 14.8 out of 20!

Archived