[Advice req] can Eldlitch-Gren Maju blend work?

cr47t

i've been building a custom banish build for some time irl, spending some cash on ygo for likely the first time since i signed up for YCM. yesterday at locals though, i went over the decklist with another guy in the tourney, and he suggested i try incorporating Eldlich as the main arche. for the deck, as it allows for counterplay/playing for a win even without Gren Maju in hand/field: most others i talked to at the tourney backed the idea. I have a few concerns, including whether Eldlich will get hit by a near-future banlist, whether i can get used to using GY effects (never was a big point of my previous budget decks), etc.

most important to me is whether i can make the deck competitive and non-expensive (as far as YGO goes) while still allowing for some of the more cheeky plays that have categorized my earlier decks. (in the eldlitch deck, cards like gren maju and maybe soul absorption would be examples. past e.g. include red rebooting a mirror force, playing normal pendulums only to plot twist the whole match with exodia, and the two copies of Triple Tactics i now have.) the thing is

should i sell the custom build and go for eldlich, or keep going with danger! gren maju? (i don't own the dangers yet, but most of the other stuff for the former i do actually have, and i can sell them to fund eldlitch build if neccesary.)

• cr47t changed the title to [Advice req] can Eldlitch-Gren Maju blend work?
On 3/24/2022 at 8:07 PM, Loleo said:

I'd like to see the fleshed-out ideas for both decks. How are you banishing with dangers? I'm fairly certain Eldlich is ok for the next ban list if anything it'll get hit online.

the dangers in my current build exist more as a draw engine than anything else - 4 of them in a 50 card deck, but there's allure (which does banish) and desires. 

in any case, i'm not sure where to start with building an eldlich engine, since i don't really play meta decks much irl. if you have any ideas, i'd love to hear them

Eldlitch Gren Maju could be a good deck and as someone who doesn't enjoy meta, it's because there is one or 2 set builds of those decks. Your idea is uncommon and fun. Paleo Frog Gren Maju could be interesting with the traps banishing themselves. After glow is funny. Bamboo and Fluffal are also good draw engines. Card of Sanctity is hillarious. Dice it. Ledger of Ledgerdemain.

The Bottomless Are the clear weak point Thunder king Raioh, Inspector boarder, Skill Drain would be good. Extravagance was a good one. Banquet of Millions and Dimension Shifter. Called by the grave. As much as I hate it the DPE engine has synergy with banishing celestial and your opponent will want to banish DPE to stop it from reactivating.

Aloof Lupine. Banisher of light. Different Dimensions Encounter (actually just look at dimmension cards). Gizmek Orochi. Left arm offering.

I will say I recommend some of these through gritted teeth as they are to make the deck better (paragraph 2), while others are just fun ideas (para. 1) and some good not meta additions (para. 3)

For the extra deck. Relinquished Anima, Cerberus, Pheonix, Crazy Box, Abyss Dweller, Utopia (check the number of level 4s you have) 

Now I'm thinking of Gren in Flundereeze, cyberse, chaos, fish... god

Archived