[Duel Links] EARTH Machine

Hello, fine peoples!

Been back to playing duel links recently and the latest box just dropped yesterday(?).  Despite being a Yosenju main, the cards that piqued my interest the most in the box were the Ancient Gear cards.  These cards followed up from Infititracks introduced a couple months back and the railroad series introduced in the previous Main Box.  Needless to say, with all these EARTH Machine decks together in one place, there has to be some interesting way to build 'em together.

...and then I looked at my gem pool and realized that I wouldn't be the one to do that 😅

So here's a theory-oh duel links EARTH Machine deck that I will probably never actually be able to build.

1791056661_DuelLinksEARTHMachine.JPG.f86e9bdb29c2b759979a2cfa6059bfdc.JPG

1 AG Reactor Dragon

1 Flying Pegasus Railroad Stampede

2 Infinitrack Anchor Drill

2 AG Box

3 AG Hunting Hound

2 Kiteroid

3 AG Wyvern

1 Monster Reborn

1 Herald of the Abyss

2 Galaxy Cyclone

2 Dark World Dealings

2 AG Howitzer

1 Gimmick Puppet Giant Grinder/Hieratic Sun of Heliopolis

1 Dark Rebellion/Malevolent Sin

1 Vylon Disigma/Thunder Spark Dragon

1 Abyss Dweller/Evilswarm Roach

1 Soul of Silvermountain/PK Break Sword/Nightmare Shark

SKILL: Baggy Sleeves

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The strategy is honestly really straightforward.  Hunting Hound into Howitzer on turn 1; go +3 on turn 3.  Hound allows you to fusion into Howitzer using only itself and another AG monster (-1).  Howitzer is unaffected by all card effects, so the opponent has to attack it (drastically decreasing the chance they can OTK), and it floats when destroyed by battle.

You can float into Ancient Gear Reactor Dragon, but for if you want some real value, you can Summon Wyvern which can search Box which can search Infinitrack Anchor Drill (+2).  Finally, the skill Baggy Sleeves is a Bandit Keith skill that lets you draw 2 cards for your Draw Phase instead of 1 if your Level 7+ monster was destroyed by battle last turn.  Howitzer fulfills that condition perfectly while also setting you up for some powerful Rank 4/Rank 8 plays.

Outside the main monster lineup & Monster Reborn, the rest of the deck is entirely open for reinterpretation.  Unlike Kiteroid and the remaining Spells, I think Monster Reborn is a staple in this build because all the Level 4s (besides Box) have an on-summon effect & you can use it to bring back Howitzer.

The rank 3 in the deck seems pretty situational since not only you have to have two hunting hounds on the field, it's effect is a little lack luster. I'd say use another rank 4/8. Either abyss dweller, roach(I assume you have them since you have malevolent sin), Googly-eyes drum dragon(from Darkness Gimmick) or Number 40 Gimmik puppet of Strings. Though I like that you thought of Baggy Sleeves for your skill instead of the ancient gear skill, it seems like it'll work better with the deck.

18 hours ago, Little Shuriken said:

The rank 3 in the deck seems pretty situational since not only you have to have two hunting hounds on the field, it's effect is a little lack luster. I'd say use another rank 4/8. Either abyss dweller, roach(I assume you have them since you have malevolent sin), Googly-eyes drum dragon(from Darkness Gimmick) or Number 40 Gimmik puppet of Strings. Though I like that you thought of Baggy Sleeves for your skill instead of the ancient gear skill, it seems like it'll work better with the deck.

Thanks for the look-through!

I'll admit, Silvermountain probably isn't the best choice for this version of the deck, but I wouldn't discount it entirely.  Flying Pegasus can make itself into a Level 3 while also summoning Hound from the GY for an instant Rank 3 play.  Silvermountain forces the opponent's backrow and I've already expressed how strong the monster reborn effect is.  It definitely fills a unique niche that isn't found in any other Xyz monster in DL (as far as I know).

That said, you're right.  It's probably pretty rare to make Silvermountain rather than another Rank 4/8.  If I built the deck a bit differently (more emphasis on Flying Pegasus and maybe add Scrap Recycler), it would probably be a more worthwhile play.

Cheers!

• 6 months later...
1 hour ago, DifferentDimensionVanessa said:

I'm not sure if Scrap Wyvern is in this game right now? If it is, I have something to say.

It's not. Links just got added a couple months ago.

(also, I kinda haven't played for a while and also also the strat is probably severely powercrept. You can suggest things, but it's super unlikely that I'll remember them whenever I try the game again.)

Archived