The Eurobeat Resumes! [WRITTEN] (Super-Archetype)

Tinkerer

Hello, fine peoples!

Just as the video is a part 2, this thread is actually a part 2 that ties into a previous series of cards as well as a previously written lore for the cards.  The links take you to each of the previous threads.  Just as this is a part 2 of the old series of cards, this will also have a part 2 to the corresponding lore.  You can find the link explaining the lore of these cards HERE.

Just like last time, the cards that are posted in this thread will be a new set of archetypes that all tie into the single archetype of "Drift" quick-play spells.  These spells are posted below so you can have a baseline.

Full Disclosure: I am posting these in the Advanced section because my previous thread was in this section.  That said, I had made a number of these cards well over 2 years ago and my design philosophy (as well as the game itself) has changed quite a lot since then.  Once I get to the later archetypes, this shouldn't matter as much since I will be making them from scratch, but the first couple archetypes are holdovers.  Let me know if they are OP or UP and I might be open to changing them (I'd be totally open, but I'd need to reread a lot of my previous stuff to make sure they don't conflict with lore which... is a pain ">_>)

So without further ado, onto the Drift spells!

Up the Beat!
Quick-Play Spell
(This card is always treated as a "Drift" Quick-Play Spell)
Discard 1 card; add 1 "Drift" Quick-Play Spell (except "Up the Beat!") and 1 monster that lists ""Drift" Quick-Play Spell" in its card text from your Deck to your hand. You can only activate 1 "Up the Beat!" per turn.

Full Яeversal
Quick-Play Spell
Discard 1 "Drift" Quick-Play Spell; draw 2 cards. Your opponent cannot activate cards in response to a "Drift" Quick-Play Spell's activation or effect for the rest of the turn. You can only activate 1 "Full Яeversal" per turn.

Parallel Drift
Quick-Play Spell
Can be activated from your hand during either player's turn. Target any number of monsters that list ""Drift" Quick-Play Spell" in their card text (min. 2). Move those targets to different Main Monster Zones on your side of the field and change their battle positions, then, if all the monsters you control are in the same battle position (ATK or DEF) when this effect resolves, destroy a number of cards your opponent controls equal to the number of cards you targeted.

Inertia Drift
Quick-Play Spell
Can be activated from your hand during either player's turn. Target 1 monster you control that lists ""Drift" Quick-Play Spell" in its card text. Move it to an empty Main Monster Zone on your side of the field and change its battle position, also, it gains 1000 ATK and DEF until the End Phase of the next turn. If this effect changed a monster into attack position during the Battle Phase, immediately after this effect resolves, that monster can declare an attack.

Feint Drift
Quick-Play Spell
Can be activated from your hand during either player's turn. Target 1 monster you control that lists ""Drift" Quick-Play Spell" in its card text. Move it to an empty Main Monster Zone on your side of the field and change its battle position, then you can move it to an empty Main Monster Zone on your side of the field and change its battle position. If you move the target twice by this effect, you can Special Summon 1 "Afterimage Drift Token" in the Zone the target first moved to. The token is treated as a monster that lists ""Drift" Quick-Play Spell" in its card text, also its Level, Type, Attribute, ATK and DEF are the same as the target, but it is destroyed during the End Phase. You can only activate 1 "Feint Drift" per turn.

Superior Drift
Quick-Play Spell
Can be activated from your hand during either player's turn. Target 1 monster you control that lists ""Drift" Quick-Play Spell" in its card text. Move it to an empty Main Monster Zone on your side of the field and change its battle position, then, negate the effects of all cards in the same column as the target. You can only activate 1 "Superior Drift" per turn.

Apex Drift
Quick-Play Spell
Can be activated from your hand during either player's turn. Target 1 monster you control that lists ""Drift" Quick-Play Spell" in its card text. Move it to an empty Main Monster Zone on your side of the field and change its battle position, then, activate the appropriate effect based on whose turn it is when this effect resolves:
- Your turn: The monster can declare a second attack this turn.
- Your opponent's turn: Inflict damage to your opponent equal to the target's ATK.

D.D. Drift
Quick-Play Spell
Can be activated from your hand during either player's turn. Target 1 monster you control that lists ""Drift" Quick-Play Spell" in its card text. Banish it until the end of the Phase. When the card returns to the field, gain LP equal to its ATK, also, it can declare a direct attack during your next Battle Phase.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Redro said:

Hello, fine peoples!

Just as the video is a part 2, this thread is actually a part 2 that ties into a previous series of cards as well as a previously written lore for the cards.  The links take you to each of the previous threads.  Just as this is a part 2 of the old series of cards, this will also have a part 2 to the corresponding lore.  You can find the link explaining the lore of these cards HERE.

Just like last time, the cards that are posted in this thread will be a new set of archetypes that all tie into the single archetype of "Drift" quick-play spells.  These spells are posted below so you can have a baseline.

Full Disclosure: I am posting these in the Advanced section because my previous thread was in this section.  That said, I had made a number of these cards well over 2 years ago and my design philosophy (as well as the game itself) has changed quite a lot since then.  Once I get to the later archetypes, this shouldn't matter as much since I will be making them from scratch, but the first couple archetypes are holdovers.  Let me know if they are OP or UP and I might be open to changing them (I'd be totally open, but I'd need to reread a lot of my previous stuff to make sure they don't conflict with lore which... is a pain ">_>)

So without further ado, onto the Drift spells!

Hide contents

Up the Beat!
Quick-Play Spell
Discard 1 card; add 1 "Drift" Quick-Play Spell (except "Up the Beat!") and 1 monster that lists ""Drift" Quick-Play Spell" in its card text from your Deck to your hand. You can only activate 1 "Up the Beat!" per turn.

Full Яeversal
Quick-Play Spell
Discard 1 "Drift" Quick-Play Spell; draw 2 cards. Your opponent cannot activate cards in response to a "Drift" Quick-Play Spell's activation or effect for the rest of the turn. You can only activate 1 "Full Яeversal" per turn.

Parallel Drift
Quick-Play Spell
Can be activated from your hand during either player's turn. Target any number of monsters that list ""Drift" Quick-Play Spell" in their card text (min. 2). Move those targets to different Main Monster Zones on your side of the field and change their battle positions, then, if all the monsters you control are in the same battle position (ATK or DEF) when this effect resolves, destroy a number of cards your opponent controls equal to the number of cards you targeted.

Inertia Drift
Quick-Play Spell
Can be activated from your hand during either player's turn. Target 1 monster you control that lists ""Drift" Quick-Play Spell" in its card text. Move it to an empty Main Monster Zone on your side of the field and change its battle position, also, it gains 1000 ATK and DEF until the End Phase of the next turn. If this effect changed a monster into attack position during the Battle Phase, immediately after this effect resolves, that monster can declare an attack.

Feint Drift
Quick-Play Spell
Can be activated from your hand during either player's turn. Target 1 monster you control that lists ""Drift" Quick-Play Spell" in its card text. Move it to an empty Main Monster Zone on your side of the field and change its battle position, then you can move it to an empty Main Monster Zone on your side of the field and change its battle position. If you move the target twice by this effect, you can Special Summon 1 "Afterimage Drift Token" in the Zone the target first moved to. The token is treated as a monster that lists ""Drift" Quick-Play Spell" in its card text, also its Level, Type, Attribute, ATK and DEF are the same as the target, but it is destroyed during the End Phase. You can only activate 1 "Feint Drift" per turn.

Superior Drift
Quick-Play Spell
Can be activated from your hand during either player's turn. Target 1 monster you control that lists ""Drift" Quick-Play Spell" in its card text. Move it to an empty Main Monster Zone on your side of the field and change its battle position, then, negate the effects of all cards in the same column as the target. You can only activate 1 "Superior Drift" per turn.

Apex Drift
Quick-Play Spell
Can be activated from your hand during either player's turn. Target 1 monster you control that lists ""Drift" Quick-Play Spell" in its card text. Move it to an empty Main Monster Zone on your side of the field and change its battle position, then, activate the appropriate effect based on whose turn it is when this effect resolves:
- Your turn: The monster can declare a second attack this turn.
- Your opponent's turn: Inflict damage to your opponent equal to the target's ATK.

D.D. Drift
Quick-Play Spell
Can be activated from your hand during either player's turn. Target 1 monster you control that lists ""Drift" Quick-Play Spell" in its card text. Banish it until the end of the Phase. When the card returns to the field, gain LP equal to its ATK, also, it can declare a direct attack during your next Battle Phase.

Why are your cards hidden commets?

3 minutes ago, Zefra Zamazenta said:

Why are your cards hidden commets?

I don't like posting cards as big walls of text.  If I post several written cards at once, I usually put them in a quote bubble or spoilers to make the threads easier to navigate.

(If you look at my old thread and open up all the hidden contents there's over 50 different cards and it takes a bit to scroll from top to bottom)

• Like 1

Link to the corresponding story piece HERE

~~~

Out of the archetypes, this is the only one that is a direct extension of a previously made archetype (think X-Saber and XX-Saber).  Because of this, the following quote will have all the previously made cards so you can see how they connect/relate to the new batch of cards.

Special Drift - Blazing Heroes!
Quick-Play Spell
(This card is also always treated as a "Blazing Wheels" card)
Can be activated from your hand during either player's turn. Pay 1000 LP and target 1 monster you control that lists ""Drift" Quick-Play Spell" in its card text. Move it to an empty Main Monster Zone on your side of the field and change its battle position, then, Special Summon 1 monster from your GY that lists ""Drift" Quick-Play Spell" in its card text that can be Normal Summoned.  If all the monsters you control list ""Drift" Quick-Play Spell" in their card text, you can repeat this effect 1 additional time.  You cannot Special Summon monsters the turn you activate this card except monsters that list ""Drift" Quick-Play Spell" in their card text. You can only activate 1 "Special Drift" Quick-Play Spell per turn.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Blazing Wheels - Captain Young
FIRE ****
Machine/Tuner/Effect
Gains 300 ATK/DEF for each "Blazing Wheels" monster you control.  If this card's battle position is changed by the effect of a "Drift" Quick-Play Spell, you can Special Summon 1 "Blazing Wheels" monster from your hand and it gains 300 ATK/DEF for each "Blazing Wheels" monster you control.
1600/1000

Blazing Wheels - Rogue Racer X
FIRE ****
Machine/Tuner/Effect
Other "Blazing Wheels" monsters cannot be targeted by your opponent's card effects.  If this card's battle position is changed by the effect of a "Drift" Quick-Play Spell, you can target 1 other "Blazing Wheels" monster you control and 1 monster your opponent controls; reduce the ATK of the second target by the ATK of the first target, and if its ATK is reduced to 0 by this effect, it cannot activate its effects for the rest of the turn.
1800/600

Blazing Wheels - Dr. Madoka
FIRE ***
Machine/Tuner/Effect
If a "Blazing Wheels" monster you control is targeted for an attack, you can Special Summon this card from your hand.  "Blazing Wheels" monsters you control cannot be destroyed by battle or card effects during the turn this card is Summoned.  (Quick Effect): You can banish 1 "Drift" Quick-Play Spell from your GY; immediately after this effect resolves, Special Summon 1 monster from the Extra Deck using this card and any number of Machine monsters you control as Material.
1000/1800

Blazing Wheels - Gram the Prodigy
FIRE ****
Machine/Effect
(Quick Effect): You can discard this card and target 1 "Blazing Wheels" monster you control and 1 "Drift" Quick-Play Spell in your GY; banish the second target, and if you do, this effect becomes the effect of that banished card. (This effect is treated as being the effect of a "Drift" Quick-Play Spell.) All other "Blazing Wheels" monsters you control gain 500 ATK.
1000/1000

Blazing Wheels - Miracle Mechanic Greaseline
FIRE ***
Machine/Effect
If a monster's battle position is changed by the effect of a "Drift" Quick-Play Spell, you can Special Summon this card from your hand or GY.  You can only Special Summon "Blazing Wheels - Miracle Mechanic Greaseline" once per turn by this effect.  Other "Blazing Wheels" monsters you control cannot be destroyed by card effects.
800/1200

Blazing Wheels - Henshin Racer
FIRE ****
Machine/Effect
Once per turn, if this card's Battle Position is changed by the effect of a "Drift" Quick-Play Spell: You can add 1 "Blazing Wheels" card from your Deck to your hand.  The first time each "Blazing Wheels" monster you control would be destroyed by battle, it is not destroyed.
1400/1600

Blazing Wheels - Master Draft
FIRE ***
Machine/Tuner/Effect
If your opponent targets a "Blazing Wheels" monster you control with a card effect, you can Special Summon this card from your hand, negate that effect, then add 1 "Drift" Quick-Play Spell from your Deck or GY to your hand.  If all the monsters you control are monsters that list ""Drift" Quick-Play Spell" in their card text, you choose the attack targets for your opponent's attacks.
0/2000

Blazing Wheels Burnout
Quick-Play Spell
If you control 2 or more "Blazing Wheels" monsters, you can Special Summon 1 "Blazing Wheels" monster from your Deck, but you cannot Special Summon monsters for the rest of the turn except monsters that list ""Drift" Quick-Play Spell" in their card text.

Blazing Wheels Draft's Technique
Trap
If you control a "Blazing Wheels" monster, you can activate this card from your hand.  If a monster you control with ““Drift” Quick-Play Spell” in its card text is targeted by a card effect: You can target 1 other appropriate card on the field, that card is also treated as the target of that effect.  During your opponent's Main or Battle Phase, if you control exactly 1 "Blazing Wheels" monster, you can banish this card from your GY; add up to 2 "Blazing Wheels" monsters with different names from your GY to your hand.

Blazing Wheels Advertiser - Mr. Dynamo
FIRE 6*
Machine/Synchro/Effect
1 Machine Tuner + 1+ non-Tuner monsters
If this card is Synchro Summoned: You can add up to 2 "Drift" Quick-Play Spells from your GY to your hand.  When this card declares an attack, you can Special Summon 1 Machine monster from your hand, and if you do, this card gains ATK equal to the Summoned monster's ATK until your opponent's next End Phase.
2200/1600

Blazing Wheels Financier - Ms. Erie
FIRE 7*
Machine/Synchro/Effect
If this card is Synchro Summoned, you can either: Send 1 "Blazing Wheels" card from your hand or Deck to the GY, then add 1 "Drift" Quick-Play Spell from your Deck to your hand OR: discard 1 "Drift" Quick-Play Spell, then add 1 monster that lists "Drift" Quick-Play Spell from your Deck to your hand.  If this card's Battle Position is changed, you can swap the ATK and DEF of all monsters on the field.  If this card is in Attack Position, other monsters on the field with less ATK than their DEF cannot activate their effects.
0/2500

Blazing Wheels Hauler - Big McMac
FIRE 8*
Machine/Synchro/Effect
You can only Special Summon 1 "Blazing Wheels Hauler - Big McMac" per turn.  If this card is Synchro Summoned: You can Tribute this card and target up to 3 "Blazing Wheels" monsters in your GY; Special Summon them.  If a "Drift" Quick-Play Spell is activated, you can banish this card from your GY: Until the End Phase, monsters you control that list ""Drift" Quick-Play Spell" in their card text are unaffected by your opponent's card effects.
2000/2800

~~~

Blazing Wheels NX

Level 3, 4, and 5 FIRE monsters. The most conventional Drift-based archetype that extends upon a lot of stuff their predecessors focused on. While they don't use the "Drift" spells to trigger effects as often, they still focus around swarming the field and protecting each other.  Like their predecessors, the NX version Blazing Wheels use Synchros.

Special Drift - Blazing Generation!
Quick-Play Spell
(This card is always treated as a “Blazing Wheels” card)
Can be activated from your hand during either player’s turn.  Reveal your hand, then activate the appropriate effect:
- If your hand has no “Drift” Quick-Play Spells, you can discard any number of “Blazing Wheels” cards; add an equal number of “Drift” Quick-Play Spells from your Deck to your hand.
- If your hand has no “Blazing Wheels” cards, you can discard up to 2 cards; add an equal number of “Blazing Wheels” cards from your Deck to your hand.
- If your hand has an equal number of “Blazing Wheels” and “Drift” Quick-Play Spells, destroy a number of cards your opponent controls up to the number of cards in your hand.
You can only activate 1 “Special Drift” Quick-Play Spell per turn.

Blazing Wheels NX - Captain Young
FIRE ****
Scale: 2<>6
Machine/Pendulum/Effect
PE: If a “Drift” Quick-Play Spell targets a monster you control, you can Special Summon this card, and if you do, add the “Drift” Quick-Play Spell to your hand instead of sending it to the GY.  If Special Summoned this way, all “Blazing Wheels” monsters you control gain 300 ATK.
ME: If this card’s battle position is changed by the effect of a “Drift” Quick-Play Spell, gain 200 LP for each “Blazing Wheels” monster you control, then if you gain more than 500 LP by this effect, you can target 1 monster you control: It’s ATK becomes the combined original ATK of all monsters you control until the End Phase, but only it can declare an attack this turn.
1600/800

Blazing Wheels NX - Striker Young
FIRE ***
Machine/Tuner/Effect
If a “Blazing Wheels” monster is targeted by an opponent’s card effect, you can target 1 other appropriate target on the field; Special Summon this card, and if you do, the effect of the opponent’s card effect now targets the new target.  If this card is Special Summoned by the effect of a “Blazing Wheels” card, you can banish 1 “Drift” Quick-Play Spell from your GY.  Add the banished card to your hand during the End Phase (this card must remain face-up on the field to activate and resolve this effect).
1300/1400

Blazing Wheels NX - Jungle Racer Julian
FIRE *****
Machine/Effect
If you target a monster you control with a “Drift” Quick-Play Spell; you can Special Summon this card from your hand.  Other “Blazing Wheels” monsters cannot be targeted for attacks or card effects.  Once per turn, if this card is targeted for an attack: You can Special Summon 1 “Blazing Wheels” monster from your GY, then decrease the ATK of the attacking monster by the Summoned monster’s ATK, and if you do, change the attack target to the Special Summoned monster and conduct damage calculation.
1700/1900

Blazing Wheels NX - Vulcan Racer Victoria
FIRE *****
Machine/Effect
If you control a Tuner with ““Drift” Quick-Play Spell” in its card text, you can Special Summon this card from your hand.  Other “Blazing Wheels” monsters you control cannot be destroyed by battle or card effects.  If this card is destroyed: You can Special Summon 1 “Blazing Wheels” monster from your Deck with 1600 or less ATK.
2100/200

Blazing Wheels NX - Desert Racer Dastan
FIRE *****
Machine/Effect
If you control more monsters than your opponent, you can Special Summon this card from your hand.  If this card is Special Summoned: You can target 1 monster you control; it becomes a Tuner until the End Phase.  If a monster is targeted by a “Drift” Quick-Play Spell: You can return this card to your hand; that monster gains 1 Level and 800 ATK/DEF until the End Phase of the next turn.
300/2400

Blazing Wheels NX - Sea Racer Soña
FIRE *****
Machine/Effect
You can tribute 1 “Blazing Wheels” monster to Special Summon this card (from your hand).  If this is the only monster you control when it is Normal or Special Summoned, you can Special Summon 1 “Blazing Wheels” monster from your Deck, but you cannot Special Summon monsters from the Extra Deck for the rest of the turn except Synchro Monsters.  If this card is targeted by a “Drift” Quick-Play Spell: You can target 1 card in your opponent’s GY; banish it.
1900/1800

Blazing Wheels - Chief X
FIRE ****
Machine/Effect
You can reveal 1 “Blazing Wheels” or “Drift” Quick-Play Spell in your hand: Special Summon this card, and if you do, send the revealed card to the GY and draw 1 card.  This card cannot be targeted (by an attack or card effect) while you control a “Blazing Wheels NX” monster.  All “Blazing Wheels NX” monsters gain 500 ATK.  You can tribute this card; Special Summon 1 “Blazing Wheels” monster from your hand, and if you do, the ATK of opponent’s monsters are reduced by the Level of the summoned monster x 200.
600/1800

(NOTE: Chief X is NOT a Blazing Wheels NX)

Blazing Wheels NX - Masked Racer Conelly
FIRE ****
Machine/Tuner/Effect
Once per turn: You can reduce this card’s Level by up to the number of “Blazing Wheels” monsters you control, and if you do, this card gains 700 ATK for each.  These changes last until the opponent’s next End Phase.  If this card is targeted by a “Drift” Quick-Play Spell, you can increase this card’s Level by 1 and ATK by 300 until the opponent’s next End Phase.
0/0

Blazing Wheels NX - Marvel Mechanic Greaser
FIRE ***
Machine/Effect
You can discard this and 1 other “Blazing Wheels” card; add 2 “Drift” Quick-Play Spells from your Deck to your hand, but cards with the added cards’ names cannot be activated this turn.  If a “Blazing Wheels” monster(s) you control would be destroyed by a card effect, you can banish this card from your field or GY instead.
800/1200

Blazing Wheels NX Manager Hiro
FIRE 8*
Machine/Synchro/Effect
1 Tuner + 1+ monsters that lists ““Drift” Quick-Play Spell” in its card text
If this card’s battle position is changed by the effect of a “Drift” Quick-Play Spell while you control no other “Blazing Wheels” monsters, you can target 1 “Blazing Wheels” monster in your GY that can be Normal Summoned; send 1 “Blazing Wheels” card from your Deck to the GY, and if you do, Special Summon that target, but its ATK and DEF are halved.  Once per turn (Quick Effect): You can halve this card’s ATK and target 1 “Blazing Wheels” monster you control; that target gains this card’s lost ATK.  These changes last until the End Phase.
2600/2400

Blazing Wheels NX Financer Dr. Madoka
FIRE 9*
Machine/Synchro/Effect
1 Tuner + 1+ monsters that lists ““Drift” Quick-Play Spell” in its card text
This card gains 500 ATK and DEF for each monster with ““Drift” Quick-Play Spell” in its card text.  If this card’s battle position is changed by the effect of a “Drift” Quick-Play Spell, you can target 1 “Blazing Wheels NX” monster you control; its ATK and DEF become its combined original ATK and DEF until the End Phase.  If this card is destroyed: You can Special Summon 1 “Madoka” or “Young” monster that can be Normal Summoned and lists ““Drift” Quick-Play Spell” in its card text from your hand, Deck, or GY.
1000/1800

Blazing Wheels NX - Neo Enflame
FIRE 12*
Machine/Synchro/Effect
1 “Blazing Wheels” Tuner + 1+ monsters, including at least 1 Synchro monster
If this card is targeted with a “Drift” Quick-Play Spell, you can target 1 “Blazing Wheels” or “Drift” Quick-Play Spell in your GY; add it to your hand when the “Drift” Quick-Play Spell resolves.  This card has to be face-up on the field to activate and resolve this effect.  If you have activated this effect of “Blazing Wheels NX - Neo Enflame” 2 or more times, banish this card until your next Standby Phase.
3200/3200

~~~

Blazing Wheels Fill-up
Quick-Play Spell
Target 1 “Blazing Wheels” monster in your GY; add it to your hand.  During either player’s Main Phase, you can banish this card from your GY and reveal your hand (min. 2).  If all the cards revealed are “Blazing Wheels” cards, you can activate 1 of the following effects:
- Discard your hand and draw the same number of cards.
- Special Summon as many “Blazing Wheels” monsters as possible from your hand, then add 1 “Drift” Quick-Play Spell from your GY to your hand.

Blazing Wheels Donuts
Quick-Play Spell
Send 1 monster with ““Drift” Quick-Play Spell” in its card text from your Extra Deck to the GY, then send 1 “Blazing Wheels” monster from your Deck to the GY.  You can only activate 1 “Blazing Wheels Donuts” per turn.

Edited by Redro
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

(Link to the story piece HERE)

~~~

Fate Shapers

Unlike their predecessors who let their lives be driven by Destiny, these racers take Fate into their own hands, whittling down the opponent's ability to break through their boss monster while cutting away the opponent's options to fight back.  The deck is protect-the-castle to the extreme with its main win-condition being mill.

As per usual, here's their "Special Drift" card:

Special Drift - Eye of the Storm
Quick-Play Spell
(This card is always treated as a “Fate Shaper” card)
Can be activated from your hand during either player’s turn.  Target 1 monster you control that lists ““Drift” Quick-Play Spell” in its card text.  Activate 1 of the following effects depending on whether that monster is face-up on the field when this effect resolves.
- Yes: Move it to an empty Main Monster Zone on your side of the field and change its battle position, then you can take 1 card with ““Drift” Quick-Play Spell” in its text and place it on top of your Deck.
- No: Banish up to 3 cards from the GYs.
You can only activate 1 “Special Drift” Quick-Play Spell per turn.

And here's the archetype proper:

Fate Shaper - King Ædra
WATER 8*
Machine/Effect
(This card is also always treated as a “Destiny Racer” and a “Dimensional Speedstar” monster)
Cannot be targeted except by the effects of “Drift” Quick-Play Spells.  The top cards of both player’s Decks are revealed.  If both cards are the same type (Monster, Spell, or Trap), this card cannot be destroyed by card effects, and if this card battles a monster, banish that monster and the bottom card of your opponent’s Deck face-down.  If this card is targeted by a “Drift” Quick-Play Spell: You can banish 1 monster with 0 original ATK/DEF and ““Drift” Quick-Play Spell” in its card text from your GY; banish up to 3 cards from the top of your opponent’s Deck face-down (banish these cards one at a time).
0/0

Fate Shaper - Admiral Reell
WATER ****
Machine/Effect
Cannot be targeted except by the effects of “Drift” Quick-Play Spells.  If a monster you control is targeted by a “Drift” Quick-Play Spell: You can tribute that monster; Special Summon from your Deck 1 monster with ““Drift” Quick-Play Spell” in its card text whose original ATK is the same as the tributed monster’s, but whose Level is double or half that of the tributed monster’s.  If this card is banished, you can target 1 Spell/Trap your opponent controls; return it to the hand.  You can only use each effect of this card’s name once per turn.
0/0

Fate Shaper - League Dae
WATER ****
Machine/Effect
Cannot be targeted except by the effects of “Drift” Quick-Play Spells.  If a monster you control is targeted by a “Drift” Quick-Play Spell: You can tribute that monster; Special Summon from your Deck 1 monster with ““Drift” Quick-Play Spell” in its card text whose original ATK is the same as the tributed monster’s, but whose Level is double or half that of the tributed monster’s.  If this card is banished, you can target 1 “Drift” Quick-Play Spell in your GY; add it to your hand.  You can only use each effect of this card’s name once per turn.
0/0

Fate Shaper - Bowline Jeon
WATER **
Machine/Effect
Cannot be targeted except by the effects of “Drift” Quick-Play Spells.  If a monster you control is targeted by a “Drift” Quick-Play Spell: You can tribute that monster; Special Summon from your Deck 1 monster with ““Drift” Quick-Play Spell” in its card text whose original ATK is the same as the tributed monster’s, but whose Level is double or half that of the tributed monster’s.  If this card is banished, you can look at the top 3 cards of your Deck.  Banish one, place one on top of your Deck, and place one on the bottom of your Deck.  You can only use each effect of this card’s name twice per turn.
0/0

Fate Shaper - Commodore Gave
WATER **
Machine/Effect
Cannot be targeted except by the effects of “Drift” Quick-Play Spells.  If a monster you control is targeted by a “Drift” Quick-Play Spell: You can tribute that monster; Special Summon from your Deck 1 monster with ““Drift” Quick-Play Spell” in its card text whose original ATK is the same as the tributed monster’s, but whose Level is double or half that of the tributed monster’s.  If this card is banished, you can banish 1 monster with 0 ATK and ““Drift” Quick-Play Spell” in its card text from your Deck then add it to your hand during the End Phase.  You can only use each effect of this card’s name twice per turn.
0/0

Fate Shaper - Heel Ilian
WATER **
Machine/Effect
Cannot be targeted except by the effects of “Drift” Quick-Play Spells.  If a monster you control is targeted by a “Drift” Quick-Play Spell: You can tribute that monster; Special Summon from your Deck 1 monster with ““Drift” Quick-Play Spell” in its card text whose original ATK is the same as the tributed monster’s, but whose Level is double or half that of the tributed monster’s.  If this card is banished, you can target 1 monster you control: Banish cards from the top of both players’ Decks equal to half that monster’s Level.  You can only use each effect of this card’s name twice per turn.
0/0

~~~~~

Fate Shaper’s Hook
Trap
You can activate this card from your hand if you control a 0 ATK monster.  Target 1 card on your opponent’s side of the field; place it on top of your Deck face-up.  When a card added to your Deck by this effect would be added to your hand: Set it on your opponent’s field instead.  You can only activate 1 “Fate Shaper’s Hook” per turn.  During either player’s turn (except the turn this card was sent to the GY), if the top card of your opponent’s Deck is revealed: You can banish this card and 1 monster from your GY; place 1 “Fate Shaper” card from your Deck on top of your Deck.

Fate Shaper’s Bait
Counter Trap
When your opponent activates a Monster, Spell, or Trap card or effect while the only monster(s) you control in the Main Monster Zone are 0 ATK monsters, negate the activation and destroy that card, then, if you control a monster(s) with ““Drift” Quick-Play Spell” in its card text when this resolves, you can banish 1 of them, and if you do, Special Summon 1 “Fate Shaper - King Ædra” from your hand, Deck, or GY.  You can only activate 1 “Fate Shaper’s Bait” per turn.  During the End Phase: You can banish this card from your GY; reveal the top card of both player’s Decks.  If both cards are the same card type (Monster, Spell, or Trap), you can add your card to your hand and banish your opponent’s card face-down.  You can only use this effect of “Fate Shaper’s Bait” once per turn.

Fate Shaper’s Lure
Normal Spell
Excavate top 5 cards of your Deck.  Place 5 total cards from among those cards and cards in your hand on top of your Deck, then banish the top card of your Deck.  You cannot Special Summon monsters during the turn you activate this card except monsters with “Drift” Quick-Play Spell in their effect.  If this card is face-up on top of your Deck during the End Phase: You can send this card to the GY; add 1 banished “Drift” Quick-Play Spell or 1 “Drift” Quick-Play Spell from your GY to your hand.

Edited by Redro
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

(Link to the story piece HERE)

~~~

Draugracer

Spirits from the divine place known as "Horizon" brought back by a necromancer and given a new chance to regain their old racing glory.  Largely individualistic and dominant drivers, the racers of this archetype are on borrowed time and they make the most of it by showing just how outclassed opposing racers are.

A stun-heavy Spirit deck that focuses around tribute summoning and setting cards in order to keep the stun effects live.  They can all be Normal Summoned from the GY and they are pretty good at dumping each other in the GY where they can make their comeback.  Screw the opponent with their floodgate effects & backrow while using the monsters to beat face.

Their "Special Drift" card:

Special Drift - Life in Limbo
Quick-Play Spell
(This card is always treated as a “Draugracer” card)
Cannot be activated from the hand.  Change the battle positions of all monsters on the field, then negate the effects of all monsters on the field except the monster with the highest DEF until the End Phase.  Then, during the End Phase, return all monsters you control to the hand except monsters with ““Drift” Quick-Play Spell” in their card text.  You can only activate 1 “Special Drift” Quick-Play Spell per turn.

...and now for the rest of the archetype:

Draugracer Animator - Pandus De-Necrus
LIGHT ****
Spellcaster/Effect
When this card is Normal Summoned: You can reveal 1 “Drift” Quick-Play Spell from your hand; Set that revealed card, then send 1 “Draugracer” monster from your Deck to the GY, and if you do, Set 1 “Draugracer” Quick-Play Spell card from your Deck.  If your opponent activates the effect of a Special Summoned monster while the only monster(s) you control (min.1) are Normal Summoned/Set: You can send this card from your hand or field to the GY; negate that effect and destroy that card.
1500/1500

Draugracer Theonys
WIND ****
Rock/Spirit/Effect
Cannot be Special Summoned.  You can Normal Summon/Set this monster from the GY.  You can send 1 “Draugracer” monster from your Deck to the GY, if you do, you can Normal Summon 1 “Draugracer” monster in addition to your Normal Summon/Set. (You can only gain this effect once per turn.)  Once per turn, during the End Phase, if this card was Normal Summoned or flipped face-up this turn: Return this card to the hand OR: banish 1 “Drift” Quick-Play Spell from your hand, field, or GY.
1550/1750

Draugracer Vilque
WIND ****
Rock/Spirit/Effect
Cannot be Special Summoned.  You can Normal Summon/Set this monster from the GY.  You can target 1 “Drift” Quick-Play Spell in your GY; Set that target, also, while that card remains Set on your field, neither player can activate monster effects, except monsters with 1500 or more ATK.  You can only use this effect of “Draugracer Vilque” once per turn.  Once per turn, during the End Phase, if this card was Normal Summoned or flipped face-up this turn: Return this card to the hand OR: banish 1 “Drift” Quick-Play Spell from your hand, field, or GY.
1850/1450

Draugracer Olan
WIND ****
Rock/Spirit/Effect
Cannot be Special Summoned.  You can Normal Summon/Set this monster from the GY.  You can target 1 banished “Drift” Quick-Play Spell; Set that target, also, while that card remains Set on your field, players must Set non-Quick-Play Spells before activating them, also, Spells cannot be activated the turn they are Set.  You can only use this effect of “Draugracer Olan” once per turn.  Once per turn, during the End Phase, if this card was Normal Summoned or flipped face-up this turn: Return this card to the hand OR: Return this card to the hand OR: banish 1 “Drift” Quick-Play Spell from your hand, field, or GY.
1950/1050

Draugracer Bjyltte
WIND *****
Rock/Spirit/Effect
Cannot be Special Summoned.  You can Normal Summon/Set this monster from the GY.  If this card is sent to the GY: You can send 1 “Draugracer” monster from your hand to the GY; draw 1 card.  While this card is face-up and you control a Set card(s), your opponent cannot target monsters you control with card effects.  Once per turn, during the End Phase, if this card was Normal Summoned or flipped face-up this turn: Return this card to the hand OR: Return this card to the hand OR: banish 1 “Drift” Quick-Play Spell from your hand, field, or GY.
2350/1650

Draugracer Zeruth
WIND 8*
Rock/Spirit/Effect
Cannot be Special Summoned.  You can Normal Summon/Set this monster from the GY.  While you control a Set card(s), neither player can Special Summon monsters.  During the Standby Phase: You can discard 1 card; Set 1 “Drift” Quick-Play Spell from your GY, also it can be activated this turn.  Once per turn, during the End Phase, if this card was Normal Summoned or flipped face-up this turn: Return this card to the hand OR: banish 2 “Drift” Quick-Play Spells from your hand, field, or GY.
2750/2750

Draugracer Reincarnation
Quick-Play Spell
You can send 1 “Draugracer” monster from your hand to the GY when you activate this card.  When this effect resolves, Normal Summon 1 “Draugracer” monster, then, if you sent a “Draugracer” monster to the GY to activate this effect, send 1 “Draugracer” or “Drift” Quick-Play Spell from your Deck to the GY.  You can only use “Draugracer Reincarnation” once per turn.

Horizon’s Burning
Quick-Play Spell
(This card is always treated as a “Draugracer” card)
Activate if you have no cards in your hand.  Banish any number of “Draugracer” monsters from your GY with different names; draw a number of cards equal to the number banished and reveal them, then, discard all “Draugracer” monsters from your hand.  You can only activate 1 “Burst of Horizon” per turn.  If a “Draugracer” monster(s) would be destroyed (by battle or card effect), you can banish this card from your GY instead.

Edited by Tinkerer
Changed Zeruth's maintenance cost to 2 Spells
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Virtuauto

An ancient alien species named the Veni preserved the life of their planet by hooking themselves up as a hive mind to a massive computer.  The species now puppets robotic bodies that maintain the computer while using other bodies to act as "representatives" on their behalf within the galactic community.

Typically banned from participating in many races due to their representatives' immortal bodies, the Veni species do not often get to race.  Of note, the only ones who would regularly race the robotic reps were a group of racing peacekeepers known as the Galactic Flash, whom they'd developed a friendly rivalry with.

~~~

This archetype has a strong control/"protect-the-castle" playstyle.  The monsters can barely be used on their own, but they summon out "ImmortA Tokens" and equip themselves to said tokens in order to give them effects to outpace opponents.  Activate a Drift Quick-Play at the correct time, and you could find your token nearly impossible to out!

Their "Special Drift" Spell:

Special Drift - Memories of All
Quick-Play Spell
(This card is always treated as a “Virtuauto” card)
Can be activated from your hand during either player’s turn.  Target 1 monster you control with ““Drift” Quick-Play Spell” in its card text; move it to an empty Main Monster Zone on your field and change its battle position, then, equip it with 1 monster that lists ““Drift” Quick-Play Spell” in its card text from your hand or Deck.  If the target would be destroyed, destroy the equipped monster instead.  You can only activate 1 “Special Drift” Quick-Play Spell per turn.

...and the remaining cards!

Virtuauto Serebrum
WIND 6*
Cyberse/Effect
You can only use the following effect of “Virtuauto Serebrum” once per turn.  You can reveal this card in your hand: Apply the appropriate effect.
 - If you do not control an “ImmortA” monster: Special Summon 1 “ImmortA Token” (LIGHT/Level 8/Machine/ATK 0/DEF 0) and equip this card to that token.
 - If you control an “ImmortA” monster: Equip this card to an “ImmortA” monster you control, then, draw 1 card and discard 1 card.
A monster equipped with this card gains ATK/DEF and an Attribute equal to this card’s ATK/DEF/Attribute, also, it gains this effect.
 - If this card is targeted with a “Drift” Quick-Play Spell, you can equip 1 “Virtuauto” monster from your Deck to this card.
1000/1400

Virtuauto Bellum
FIRE 6*
Cyberse/Effect
You can only use the following effect of “Virtuauto Bellum” once per turn.  You can reveal this card in your hand: Apply the appropriate effect.
 - If you do not control an “ImmortA” monster: Special Summon 1 “ImmortA Token” (LIGHT/Level 8/Machine/ATK 0/DEF 0) and equip this card to that token.
 - If you control an “ImmortA” monster: Equip this card to an “ImmortA” monster you control, and negate the effects of 1 monster on the field.
A monster equipped with this card gains ATK/DEF and an Attribute equal to this card’s ATK/DEF/Attribute, also, it gains this effect.
 - This card cannot be targeted for card effects except by “Drift” Quick-Play Spells.
1500/600

Virtuauto Lobos
WATER 6*
Cyberse/Effect
You can only use the following effect of “Virtuauto Lobos” once per turn.  You can reveal this card in your hand: Apply the appropriate effect.
 - If you control an “ImmortA” monster: Equip this card to an “ImmortA” monster you control, then, you can negate the effects of 1 face-up Spell/Trap on the field.
 - If this card is targeted by a “Drift” Quick-Play Spell, it cannot be destroyed by battle or other card effects for the rest of the turn.
500/700

Virtuauto Stemm
EARTH 6*
Cyberse/Effect
You can only use the following effect of “Virtuauto Stemm” once per turn.  You can reveal this card in your hand: Apply the appropriate effect.
 - If you control an “ImmortA” monster: Equip this card to an “ImmortA” monster you control, and add 1 “Virtuauto” card from your Deck to your hand, but you cannot Special Summon monsters for the rest of the turn.
 - This card gains piercing and can attack a number of times up to the number of times it was targeted by a “Drift” Quick-Play Spell this turn.
800/1000

ImmortA Maintenance
LIGHT 8*
Machine/Effect
Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set.  This card is treated as a “Virtuauto” monster in your hand.  While this card is in your hand, you can activate 1 of the following effects.
 - Tribute 1 “ImmortA Token” you control; Special Summon this card, then, add up to 4 “Virtuauto” monsters from your GY to your hand with different names, then, discard 2 cards.
 - Discard this card; activate 1 “Virtuauto’s Hive” from your Deck or GY.  It cannot be destroyed by card effects this turn.
Once per turn: You can destroy all monsters on the field that share an Attribute with this card.
3000/3000

Virtuauto’s Hive
Field Spell
When this card is activated: Gain 300 LP for each “Virtuauto” Spell you control.  You can activate the effects of “Virtuauto” monsters in your hand as Quick Effects.  During the Standby Phase, you can return any number of “Virtuauto” Spells you control to your hand.

Edited by Tinkerer
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

A set of support for a few of the previous archetypes.

This support is directly related to the latest portion of the Second Drift storyline: the great race between the Blazing Wheels and the revised undersea team, the Fate Shapers!  There's a few cards that support each strategy, with one card that supports both/an old "drift" archetype called the "Destiny Racers".  The last card in the set doesn't directly "support" anything per se, but it is a member of one of the previous "Drift" archetypes: the Dimensional Speedstars.

Blazing Wheel Support:

Blazing Dora of the Horizon
FIRE ****
Scale:2<>6
Machine/Pendulum/Tuner/Effect
PE: "Blazing Wheels" monsters you control gain 300 ATK/DEF.  If you control no monsters, you can Special Summon this card, then Special Summon 1 monster from your Deck with 1600 ATK and ""Drift" Quick-Play Spell" in its card text except "Blazing Dora of the Horizon".  You cannot Special Summon monsters for the rest of the turn after you activate this effect except "Blazing Wheels" monsters.  You can only use this effect of "Blazing Dora of the Horizon" once per turn.
ME: (This card is always treated as a “Blazing Wheels” monster)
You can target 1 monster you control with ""Drift" Quick-Play Spell" in its card text; gain LP equal to that monster's ATK, also, that monster cannot be destroyed by battle this turn, also it can attack a number of times equal to the number of "Blazing Wheels" monsters you control, but other monsters you control cannot declare an attack this turn.  You can only activate this effect of "Blazing Dora of the Horizon" once per turn.
1600/800

Blazing Striker of the Horizon
FIRE ***
Machine/Tuner/Effect
(This card is always treated as a “Blazing Wheels” monster)
You can target 1 monster you control with ""Drift" Quick-Play Spell" in its card text and 1 monster your opponent controls; Special Summon this card from your hand, then negate those monsters' effects for the rest of the turn.  When this card declares an attack: It gains 100 ATK for each "Drift" Quick-Play Spell in your GY, then, if it has more ATK than the attack target, negate the target's effects until the End Phase.  You can only Special Summon "Blazing Striker of the Horizon" once per turn.
1300/1400

Fate Shaper Support:

Fate Shaper - Ædra of the Horizon
WATER *
Machine/Effect
(This card is also always treated as a “Destiny Racer” and a “Dimensional Speedstar” monster)
Cannot be destroyed by battle or card effects.  The top cards of both players' Decks are revealed.  Thrice per turn (Quick Effect): If the top cards of both players' Decks are the same card type (Monster, Spell, or Trap), you can banish the top 3 cards of both player's Decks.  If your opponent Special Summons a monster(s): You can take 1 "Drift" Quick-Play Spell, 1 "Fate Shaper" Trap, or 1 monster with 0 ATK/DEF that lists ""Drift" Quick-Play Spell" in its card text from your Deck and place it on top or on the bottom of your Deck. (This effect is treated as excavating that card)
0/0

Destiny Racer Support:

Clone's Taste of the Horizon
FIRE *
Machine/Effect
(This card is also always treated as a "Blazing Wheels" and a "Destiny Racer" monster)
(Quick Effect): You can reveal this card from your hand and target 1 monster you control that lists ""Drift" Quick-Play Spell" in its card text; excavate cards from the top of your Deck until you excavate a "Drift" Quick-Play Spell, this effect becomes the effect of the "Drift" Quick-Play Spell, and the target is treated as though it were targeted by a "Drift" Quick-Play Spell.  Place this card and all excavated cards on the bottom of your Deck in any order.  If this excavated card is placed on the bottom of your Deck, you can Special Summon 1 banished monster or 1 monster with 0 ATK/DEF and ""Drift" Quick-Play Spell" from your GY.  You can only use each effect of this card's name once per turn.
0/0

Other:

LIGHT ****
Machine/Effect
(This card is also always treated as a “Dimensional Speedstar” monster)
Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set.  During the Battle Phase (Quick Effect): You can Special Summon this card from your hand.  Return this card to your hand at the end of the Battle Phase.  While this card is the only monster you control, its ATK is doubled.  If this card is Special Summoned: You can add 1 "Special Drift" Quick-Play Spell from your Deck or GY to your hand.  (Quick Effect): Destroy all other monsters you control, then, you can add "Drift" Quick-Play Spells from your GY to your hand equal to the number of cards destroyed by this effect.  If this card in its owner's control is destroyed by battle and sent to the GY, you lose the duel.  You can only use each effect of "Avatar of the Horizon - Young" once per turn.
1600/1000

Edited by Tinkerer
  • Shiba Inu 1

• 1 month later...

Link to the corresponding story HERE

Aᴙchfiend

The despicable Aᴙchfiends are here!  A group of Ritual Fiend monsters with various Attributes and Levels, these daimonions have their own goals and gameplan that is beyond the scope of the battlefield.  Try to get 6 of the archetypal "Adrift" spells banished to achieve your alternate win condition!

Their "Special Drift" Spell:

Яeversadrift
Quick-Play Spell
(This card is always treated as a “Special Drift” Quick-Play Spell)
Send 1 “Adrift” Spell from your Deck to the GY; draw a number of cards equal to the number of "Adrift" Spells in your GY or that are banished with different names, then discard cards equal to the number drawn -1.  Banish this card when it leaves the field.  You can only activate 1 "Special Drift" Spell per turn.

And the archetype:

Aᴙchfiend Entity of Battle
WIND 8*
Fiend/Ritual/Effect
Must be Ritual Summoned using an “Aᴙchfiend” card.  You can reveal this card and discard 1 “Drift” Quick-Play Spell; send cards from the top of your Deck to the GY equal to this card’s Level, then, shuffle cards from your GY into your Deck equal to this card's Level, and if you shuffle an "Adrift" Spell into your Deck by this effect, Ritual Summon this card.  You can only use this effect of "Aᴙchfiend Entity of Battle" once per turn.  If this card is Ritual Summoned or sent to the GY: You can target 1 face-up card on the field; destroy it.  You can only activate this effect of “Aᴙchfiend Entity of Battle” twice per turn, but only once while in the GY.  
3000/100

Aᴙchfiend Entity of Miracles
LIGHT 6*
Fiend/Ritual/Effect
Must be Ritual Summoned using an “Aᴙchfiend” card.  You can reveal this card and discard 1 “Drift” Quick-Play Spell; send cards from the top of your Deck to the GY equal to this card’s Level, then, shuffle cards from your GY into your Deck equal to this card's Level, and if you shuffle an "Adrift" Spell into your Deck by this effect, Ritual Summon this card.  You can only use this effect of "Aᴙchfiend Entity of Miracles" once per turn.  If this card is Ritual Summoned or sent to the GY: You can add 1 “Drift” Quick-Play Spell from your GY to your hand, but it cannot be activated this turn.  You can only activate this effect of “Aᴙchfiend Entity of Battle” twice per turn, but only once while in the GY.
2400/100

Aᴙchfiend Entity of Inspiration
WATER 3*
Fiend/Ritual/Effect
Must be Ritual Summoned using an “Aᴙchfiend” card.  You can reveal this card and discard 1 “Drift” Quick-Play Spell; send cards from the top of your Deck to the GY equal to this card’s Level, then, shuffle cards from your GY into your Deck equal to this card's Level, and if you shuffle an "Adrift" Spell into your Deck by this effect, Ritual Summon this card.  You can only use this effect of "Aᴙchfiend Entity of Inspiration" once per turn.  If this card is Ritual Summoned or sent to the GY: You can add 1 “Aᴙchfiend” monster from your Deck to your hand.  You can only activate this effect of “Aᴙchfiend Entity of Inspiration” twice per turn, but only once while in the GY.
100/1800

Aᴙchfiend Entity of Scholarship
DARK 7*
Fiend/Ritual/Effect
Must be Ritual Summoned using an “Aᴙchfiend” card.  You can reveal this card and discard 1 “Drift” Quick-Play Spell; send cards from the top of your Deck to the GY equal to this card’s Level, then, shuffle cards from your GY into your Deck equal to this card's Level, and if you shuffle an "Adrift" Spell into your Deck by this effect, Ritual Summon this card.  You can only use this effect of "Aᴙchfiend Entity of Scholarship" once per turn.  While you control this card, neither player can Special Summon monsters with the same Level as an “Aᴙchfiend” monster you control.  If this card is Ritual Summoned or sent to the GY: You can target 1 monster you control; return up to 3 cards from either player’s GYs into the Deck, and if you do, increase or decrease that monster’s Level by the number returned.  You can only activate this effect of “Aᴙchfiend Entity of Scholarship” twice per turn, but only once while in the GY.
2700/100

Aᴙchfiend Entity of Gluttons
EARTH 5*
Fiend/Ritual/Effect
Must be Ritual Summoned using an “Aᴙchfiend” card.  You can reveal this card and discard 1 “Drift” Quick-Play Spell; send cards from the top of your Deck to the GY equal to this card’s Level, then, shuffle cards from your GY into your Deck equal to this card's Level, and if you shuffle an "Adrift" Spell into your Deck by this effect, Ritual Summon this card.  You can only use this effect of "Aᴙchfiend Entity of Gluttons" once per turn.  While you control this card, neither player can Summon a monster(s) whose Level/Rank is the same as the Level/Rank of a monster(s) they control.  If this card is Ritual Summoned or sent to the GY: Inflict 500 damage to your opponent and gain 500 LP.  You can only activate this effect of “Aᴙchfiend Entity of Gluttons” twice per turn, but only once while in the GY.
100/2600

Aᴙchfiend Entity of Ignition
FIRE 10*
Fiend/Ritual/Effect
Must be Ritual Summoned using an “Aᴙchfiend” card.  You can reveal this card and discard 1 “Drift” Quick-Play Spell; send cards from the top of your Deck to the GY equal to this card’s Level, then, shuffle cards from your GY into your Deck equal to this card's Level, and if you shuffle an "Adrift" Spell into your Deck by this effect, Ritual Summon this card.  You can only use this effect of "Aᴙchfiend Entity of Ignition" once per turn.  When a card(s) is targeted with a “Drift” Quick-Play Spell: Destroy all cards on the field whose Level/Rank is less than or equal to that monster’s Level.  If this card is Ritual Summoned or sent to the GY: You can Special Summon 1 “Aᴙchfiend” monster from your GY.  You can only activate this effect of “Aᴙchfiend Entity of Ignition” twice per turn, but only once while in the GY.
2500/2500

Entropic Aᴙchfiend Pandemonus De-Necᴙus
DARK 4*
Spellcaster/Effect
(This card is always treated as an “Adrift” Spell)
You can send this card from your hand or field to the GY (Quick Effect): Special Summon 1 “Aᴙchfiend” monster from your GY. (This Special Summon is treated as a Ritual Summon).  You cannot Summon other monsters the turn you activate this effect except monsters with ""Drift" Quick-Play Spell" in their card text.  If an “Adrift” Spell is sent to your GY by a card effect while this card is in the GY: You can toss 1 coin and call it.  If you call it correctly: Add this card from your GY to your hand, otherwise, add that Spell from your GY to your hand.  You can only use each effect of “Entropic Aᴙchfiend Pandemonus De-Necᴙus” once per turn.
1500/1500

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aᴙchfiend Adrift
Quick-Play Spell
(This card is also always treated as a “Яevers” card)
Target 1 monster you control and 1 monster your opponent controls.  While one or both monsters remain face-up on the field, your opponent cannot target other monsters with card effects.  If this card is sent to the GY by a card effect: You can send the top 3 cards from your Deck to the GY; banish this card, then, if 6+ “Adrift” Spells with different names are banished by their own effect, you win the duel.

Aeons Adrift
Quick-Play Spell
Target 1 monster you control; Return it to the hand, then you can Special Summon 1 monster from your hand with the same type and Attribute as the target on the field, but if you do not, gain 1200 LP.  If this card is sent to the GY by a card effect: You can discard 1 card; draw 1 card, then banish this card from the GY.

Archanism Adrift
Quick-Play Spell
Activate if you have fewer cards in the GY than your opponent.  Target 1 monster you control; send cards from the top of your Deck to the GY equal to that target’s Level.  You cannot activate the effects of monsters in the GY the turn you use this card except monsters with ““Drift” Quick-Play Spell” in its effect.  If this card is sent to the GY by a card effect: you can place 1 “Яevers” Spell from your Deck on top of your Deck, then, banish this card.

Adrift Absorption
Quick-Play Spell
Target 1 monster you control; equip up to 1 monster from your GY and 1 monster from your opponent's GY to that target, then gain LP equal to the total Levels of the equipped monsters x 100.  If the equipped monster would be destroyed, you can destroy or banish 1 of the equipped monsters instead. If this card is sent to the GY by a card effect: You can target 1 monster in your GY that cannot be Normal Summoned; add it to your hand, then banish this card.

Adrift Armageddon
Quick-Play Spell
Target 1 monster you control; destroy 1 card your opponent controls, then, your opponent can destroy 1 card you control except the target.  If they do not destroy a card, they take no damage until the end phase of the next turn.  If this card is sent to the GY by a card effect: You can target up to 2 cards in either GY; banish this card, and if you do, return those cards to the top or bottom of their owner’s Deck.

Adrift Annihilation
Quick-Play Spell
Target 1 monster you control; negate its effects on the field, and if you do, destroy 1 attack position monster on the field.  If this card is sent to the GY by a card effect: You can gain 1000 LP, then banish this card.

Adrift Abstract
Quick-Play Spell
Target 1 monster you control and discard 1 card.  All battle damage from battles with that target is halved.  This turn, it can attack all monsters your opponent controls once each.  Your opponent's monsters cannot attack for the rest of this turn, except to attack that monster.  If "Adrift Abstract" is activated while this card is in the GY, you can Set this card, but banish it during the End Phase of the next turn.  If this card is sent to the GY by a card effect: You can banish 2 random cards from both player’s Extra Decks, then banish this card.

Lots of cards, lots of text.  An absolutely borked summon mechanic if we take the real life game into account xD

Edited by Tinkerer
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Update:

Edited the Aᴙchfiend archetype.  I didn't like how they came out the first time (I was wholly focused on the story) and I'd overlooked some huge things that would have just made them stupidly broken.  For example, I forgot to put a HOPT on their summon mechanic...

I haven't really put my mind around how they'd work all together, but overall, the deck feels like it should be a lot less broken by forcibly making the deck less streamlined.  The condition to summon Aᴙchfiend bodies slightly conflicts with the Adrift instant win condition, which should slow the deck down.  In exchange, the Quick-Plays have more straightforward effects and are generally more worthwhile to use.  The banish effects are still (typically) better, but players cannot spam the banish effects too quickly/early or they won't have resources to summon the Aᴙchfiends.

• Like 1

Galactic Flash Support:

Zenith of the Horizon
LIGHT 8*
Scale: 3<>9
Machine/Pendulum/Effect
PE: When this card is activated: You can take 1 Pendulum monster with ""Drift" Quick-Play Spell" in its card text and either place it in your Pendulum Zone or in your Extra Deck face-up, then shuffle this card into your Deck.  You can only use this effect of "Zenith of the Horizon" once per turn, also, you cannot Pendulum Summon monsters the turn you activate this effect except "Galactic Flash" monsters.  When a card(s) is shuffled into your Deck: Target 1 unused Zone on your opponent's field; that Zone cannot be used this Phase (even if this card leaves the field).
ME: (This card is always treated as a "Galactic Flash" monster.)
If this is the only "Galactic Flash" monster you control, it is unaffected by the effects of cards in a different column than this card, also, if your opponent doesn't control a monster in the same column as this card, this card can attack directly, but the battle damage is halved.  If this card is Pendulum Summoned and is the only monster you control, you can shuffle cards on the field into the Deck equal to the number of face-up Pendulum Spells and "Drift" Quick-Play Spell cards on the field.  You cannot attack the turn you use this effect, also, you can only use this effect of "Zenith of the Horizon" once per turn.
2800/1000

Might've gone a bit overboard again 😅

Unlike the Aᴙchfiends, I actually liked my design for this one.  It's pretty specifically tailored to the GF's playstyle by adding a ton of consistency while also adding another payoff to the "shuffle into the deck" mechanic.  The nuke is probably OP since it is multi-card, non-targeting, non-destruction shuffle, but it probably has enough conditions/limitations for it to be fine?  You cannot OTK after using the effect, so it's purely a board-breaking tool that hurts overextension (a la Evenly).

Other:

Dr. Madoka, Cynic of the Horizon
DARK 6*
Machine/Effect
(This card is also always treated as a “Dimensional Speedstar” monster)
Cannot be destroyed by card effects.  If your opponent activates a monster effect while a "Drift" Quick-Play Spell is in your GY (Quick Effect): You can Special Summon this card from your hand, then, you can either make this monster gain 300 ATK/DEF for each monster you control OR, treat this card as a Tuner.  When a "Young" monster with ""Drift" Quick-Play Spell" in its card text leaves the field by your opponent's card while you control this card: Inflict damage to your opponent equal to this card's DEF.
1000/1800

Pandus, Nihilist of the Horizon
EARTH ****
Spellcaster/Effect
You can send this card from your hand or field to the GY (Quick Effect): Immediately after this effect resolves, Normal Summon 1 monster with "Drift" Quick-Play Spell in its card text, then, if your opponent controls more monsters after this effect resolves, place this card on the bottom of your Deck and draw 1 card.  You can only use this effect of "Pandus, Nihilist of the Horizon" once per turn.
1500/1500

I really liked how these came out.  Madoka is not really a good card, but it is a good midpoint level monster between her multiple variants.  It would also be a funny card to burn the opponent for huge damage on the off chance they use a monster-based monster removal effect on a "Young" monster.

Pandus is... interesting.  It has the potential to be one of the strongest individual cards in the whole series since it is a turn 0 card that enables your Drift Spells while also being an Upstart.  However... I designed the card so it misses timing :D . There aren't actually that many monsters that would benefit being summoned off this Pandus' effect, so the card is almost purely a way to cycle around cards to get things together if you go second.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...