Card review

Lone mouse

I know I am going to regret this, but I kinda have an experimental, collab Archetype going on that isn't quite getting the attention I wanted it too. Also, I don't see any uploaded cards so... I'll start things off by saying two suggestions: Spear Cretin + Relinquished fusion that starts out as a Trap Card (You do not use Polymerization). Or this:
1926645277_ReverseNumber15-FarAwayStar-ExoEevee(1).thumb.png.a9d4f501041be820fa10c1d1b63a829f.png

Effect: 3 Level 5 Monsters.
Cannot attack the turn it is Summoned. While you control "Toon World" and your opponent controls no Toon monsters, this card can attack your opponent directly. Upon Summoning, if other "Far Away Star" Monsters that were also "Eevee" Monsters were summoned face-up by you, attach them to this card if possible. Whenever this attacks, change it to face-up Defense Position until the end of your End Phase. Once per turn, you may choose 1 Effect from the following: (1)(Quick Effect) Detach 1 Material from this Monster. This Monster gains a Monster Type out of: Beast, Beast-Warrior, Winged-Beast. If this Monster gains all three of those Monster Types, this Monster's Attack increases by 1500 and this Monster loses those Monster Types. (2)(Quick Effect) Detach 1 Material from this Monster and if you do; when this card is about to be destroyed as a result of battle, change its Attack to match its Original Attack save for effects that happen after this resolution until the End Phase instead.

I want to see how many flaws one can point out in this one card alone. It might be fun... or not. But if option #2 for review doesn't suit one's taste, option #1 is open for business as well, so you know... pick your fancy.

19 hours ago, Owen Dase said:

you can upload any of your cards here and if you want to give suggestions to other people cards to try and make them more balenced

I mean, that's what casual and realistic cards are for. This section is for something more targeted, making cards with a set of rules. One exception is Meloeta's Atelier, this exist because a user has added additional incentives to doing certain actions event though it is functionally similar to the global card forums.

17 hours ago, HQCardmaker said:

Cannot attack the turn it is Summoned. While you control "Toon World" and your opponent controls no Toon monsters, this card can attack your opponent directly. Upon Summoning, if other "Far Away Star" Monsters that were also "Eevee" Monsters were summoned face-up by you, attach them to this card if possible. Whenever this attacks, change it to face-up Defense Position until the end of your End Phase. Once per turn, you may choose 1 Effect from the following: (1)(Quick Effect) Detach 1 Material from this Monster. This Monster gains a Monster Type out of: Beast, Beast-Warrior, Winged-Beast. If this Monster gains all three of those Monster Types, this Monster's Attack increases by 1500 and this Monster loses those Monster Types. (2)(Quick Effect) Detach 1 Material from this Monster and if you do; when this card is about to be destroyed as a result of battle, change its Attack to match its Original Attack save for effects that happen after this resolution until the End Phase instead.

First 2 sentences are good

Flaw 1. If you summon a "Far Away Star Eevee" monster: attach them to this card. ------------(might want to have some context for "Far Away Star" and "Eevee" monsters so I can gage power and depending on how they are named my correction may still not work)

Flaw 2. If this attacks not Whenever and the wording suggest it goes back to Attack possition at the end of your turn?

Flaw 3. The (Quick Effect) should go behind the first : need a ; not period after first mention of detaching, declaring a type to add should be part of the cost for that effect

Flaw 4. The (2) Effect... isn't right "If this card would be destroyed by battle and its ATK is not equal to its original ATK: You can detach 1 material from this card instead, and if you do, this card's ATK becomes equal to this card's original ATK until the end of the turn.

Changes: Would get rid of the extra attaching, remove the process of gaining types and just add the 1500ATK, separate the (1) and (2) effects, and not require a detachment to save itself from battle (just revert the ATK and maybe make the protection work on blanket destruction)

When you summon this card summon all others Wulfazs you can by the same way
Only other wulfaz monsters can be on your side of the field
Attack points double when fighting a beast, plant, fairy, and machine type monsters
Deals piercing damage 
When attacked defense points double and any battle damage is halved
If this card battles the monster with the lowest attacks points on the opponent’s\ field destroy it 
When this card attack points lower destroy this card and give its attack points to another wulfaz
When this card attacks a monster and the opponent controls another monster with the same name take control of it (the monster taken becomes a wulfaz monster)
Gains 100 ATK/def during your standby phase
You can only use each effect of wulfaz once per turn
this is my first card that I have made so sorry if its bad

Wulfaz (1).jpeg

20 hours ago, HQCardmaker said:

I know I am going to regret this, but I kinda have an experimental, collab Archetype going on that isn't quite getting the attention I wanted it too. Also, I don't see any uploaded cards so... I'll start things off by saying two suggestions: Spear Cretin + Relinquished fusion that starts out as a Trap Card (You do not use Polymerization). Or this:
1926645277_ReverseNumber15-FarAwayStar-ExoEevee(1).thumb.png.a9d4f501041be820fa10c1d1b63a829f.png

I want to see how many flaws one can point out in this one card alone. It might be fun... or not. But if option #2 for review doesn't suit one's taste, option #1 is open for business as well, so you know... pick your fancy.

1.Are far away star and eevee two different archetpes with one to bridge them or no?

2.rephrase the 4th effect to say "if this card battles at the end of the damage step change it to face-up defense postion until your end phase".

3.What does the last effect do? Its a little unclear to me.

*shrugs* sure why not?

I'm working on a new archetype that is a Pendulum Fusion archetype. The gimmick is a sorta cross Neos/ Zoodiac where you use a single main deck monster to "contact fuse" into one of six fusion monsters in the extra deck that during your next Standby Phase can either destroy to put them face-up in the Extra Deck or put into the Pendulum Zone. Then you can Pendulum Summon a bunch of monsters from the Extra Deck to continue your plays. 

Name: Morphia Dragon

Dragon/Pendulum/Effect

WIND/ Level 4

Scale: 3

Pendulum Effect: "If you control a "Morphia" card in your other Pendulum Zone, except "Morphia Dragon". You can Special Summon this card from the Pendulum Zone."

Monster Effect: "During your Main Phase; You can destroy this card and if you do, Special Summon 1, Level 6 or 7 "Morphia" Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck (This is treated as a Fusion Summon.) You can only use this effect of "Morphia Dragon" once per Main Phase."

441aa4bc9c58.jpg

3 hours ago, Baron-777 said:

*shrugs* sure why not?

I'm working on a new archetype that is a Pendulum Fusion archetype. The gimmick is a sorta cross Neos/ Zoodiac where you use a single main deck monster to "contact fuse" into one of six fusion monsters in the extra deck that during your next Standby Phase can either destroy to put them face-up in the Extra Deck or put into the Pendulum Zone. Then you can Pendulum Summon a bunch of monsters from the Extra Deck to continue your plays. 

Name: Morphia Dragon

Dragon/Pendulum/Effect

WIND/ Level 4

Scale: 3

Pendulum Effect: "If you control a "Morphia" card in your other Pendulum Zone, except "Morphia Dragon". You can Special Summon this card from the Pendulum Zone."

Monster Effect: "During your Main Phase; You can destroy this card and if you do, Special Summon 1, Level 6 or 7 "Morphia" Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck (This is treated as a Fusion Summon.) You can only use this effect of "Morphia Dragon" once per Main Phase."

441aa4bc9c58.jpg

1. JW but why did you chose morphia to be the archetype name?

2.Will the pedulum zone effect be an archetypal one or no?

3.Instead of destory maybe put tribute at least to me it seems more fitting

On 7/28/2022 at 12:09 AM, Owen Dase said:

1. JW but why did you chose morphia to be the archetype name?

2.Will the pedulum zone effect be an archetypal one or no?

3.Instead of destory maybe put tribute at least to me it seems more fitting

#1: Morphia doesn't need to be the final name. But the reason is that from an aesthetic perspective it's the dragon "morphing" into different forms with its effect; hence why the Fusion Summon uses only one material. The fusions will represent the various forms it can take.

#2: The pendulum effects will be archetypal, but I don't think I need to lock it into ONLY summoning Morphia monsters. The scale at their best will go scales 3 to 8; a variable pool yes, but not game breaking when we have stuff like Supreme King gate zero and infinity that can give you generic 0 and 13 scales.

#3: Absolutely I will make it tribute, because I thought that tributing didn't send pendulum monsters to the extra deck. This is something I will change. 

Here's an example of one of the fusion monsters and another Main Deck Morphia monster to show off more of what I plan for the archetype: 

Name: Morphia Dragon Stalactite

Dragon/Fusion/Pendulum/Effect

EARTH/Level 7/Scale 5

Materials:  Morphia Dragon + 1 EARTH monster

ATK: 2300/DEF 2200

Pendulum Effect: "Morphia Dragon" and "Morphia" Fusion Monsters cannot be targeted by card effects, except "Morphia" 
card effects.

Effect: Once per turn, you can target 1 "Morphia" card you control (Quick Effect); it cannot be destroyed by battle or card effects until the End Phase. During your Standby Phase; Place this card in the Pendulum Zone or tribute it, and if you do, Special Summon 1, face-up "Morphia Dragon" from your Extra Deck.

Summoning Chant: "Dragon of mist and illusion, become one with the earth and shine forth your impenetrable scales! Fusion Summon, Level 7, Morphia Dragon Stalactite!"

8066fcee9280.jpg

Morphia Crystal Claws:

Rock/Pendulum/Effect 

EARTH/Level 4/Scale 5

ATK 1000/DEF 700

Pendulum Effect: "If you control a "Morphia" card in your other Pendulum Zone, except "Morphia Crystal Claws", each "Morphia" monsters you Special Summon gain 700 ATK (even if this card leaves the field.)  You can equip this card from the Pendulum Zone to a Dragon, "Morphia" monster you control. You can only use this effect of "Morphia Crystal Claws" once per turn."

Effect:  You can target 1 "Morphia" monster you control, equip this monster from your side of the field to this target. While equipped, that monster gains 800 ATK and if it attacks a Defense Position monster, inflict piercing battle damage to your opponent. If the equipped monster is destroyed, you can place this card in your Pendulum Zone.

0df952bde2aa.jpg

Curious how you think this is coming along. Thank you for taking the time to review the archtype.

On 7/29/2022 at 12:28 PM, Baron-777 said:

#1: Morphia doesn't need to be the final name. But the reason is that from an aesthetic perspective it's the dragon "morphing" into different forms with its effect; hence why the Fusion Summon uses only one material. The fusions will represent the various forms it can take.

#2: The pendulum effects will be archetypal, but I don't think I need to lock it into ONLY summoning Morphia monsters. The scale at their best will go scales 3 to 8; a variable pool yes, but not game breaking when we have stuff like Supreme King gate zero and infinity that can give you generic 0 and 13 scales.

#3: Absolutely I will make it tribute, because I thought that tributing didn't send pendulum monsters to the extra deck. This is something I will change. 

Here's an example of one of the fusion monsters and another Main Deck Morphia monster to show off more of what I plan for the archetype: 

Name: Morphia Dragon Stalactite

Dragon/Fusion/Pendulum/Effect

EARTH/Level 7/Scale 5

Materials:  Morphia Dragon + 1 EARTH monster

ATK: 2300/DEF 2200

Pendulum Effect: "Morphia Dragon" and "Morphia" Fusion Monsters cannot be targeted by card effects, except "Morphia" 
card effects.

Effect: Once per turn, you can target 1 "Morphia" card you control (Quick Effect); it cannot be destroyed by battle or card effects until the End Phase. During your Standby Phase; Place this card in the Pendulum Zone or tribute it, and if you do, Special Summon 1, face-up "Morphia Dragon" from your Extra Deck.

Summoning Chant: "Dragon of mist and illusion, become one with the earth and shine forth your impenetrable scales! Fusion Summon, Level 7, Morphia Dragon Stalactite!"

8066fcee9280.jpg

Morphia Crystal Claws:

Rock/Pendulum/Effect 

EARTH/Level 4/Scale 5

ATK 1000/DEF 700

Pendulum Effect: "If you control a "Morphia" card in your other Pendulum Zone, except "Morphia Crystal Claws", each "Morphia" monsters you Special Summon gain 700 ATK (even if this card leaves the field.)  You can equip this card from the Pendulum Zone to a Dragon, "Morphia" monster you control. You can only use this effect of "Morphia Crystal Claws" once per turn."

Effect:  You can target 1 "Morphia" monster you control, equip this monster from your side of the field to this target. While equipped, that monster gains 800 ATK and if it attacks a Defense Position monster, inflict piercing battle damage to your opponent. If the equipped monster is destroyed, you can place this card in your Pendulum Zone.

0df952bde2aa.jpg

Curious how you think this is coming along. Thank you for taking the time to review the archtype.

NP I have always loved card lore so that why I asked for the name origin also thanks for showing me more of the cards I think they are great

I didn't notice this the first time but six forms? one for each attribute I suppose like the shaddolls

1:maybe the fusions can have abilities that affect other monsters with the same attribute as them

2:I think the gates are less broken then they could be look at the anime version

3:fair pendulums are weird you could also have the text say "send to the extra deck face-up"

Archived