Don't yall think its werid that....

Chu The Shooting star

Indeed. I am here to corroborate.
You see, Kazuki Takahashi had a number of influences when he came up with the original manga concept.
One of them is Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, specifically part 3, Stardust Crusaders (with the Egypt theme having a Japanese high schooler as the main character, and with fights that have some unpredictable variety and demand more strategy than your typical shonen brawl, and the naming convention mentioned above).

Jaden ***Yu***ki / ***Yu***ki Judai is the most sloppy part of the pattern because, well.... there was only meant to be Yugi, while GX was a "last entry" similar to how Gold/Silver was meant as a last entry in Pokemon when it was created..... we all know it didn't come up that way due to the success. It might have been a lucky accident but I think the pattern REALLY started with Yusei in 5DS when people started catching up to there being a pattern at all.
- - - -
Yugi Muto
Yuki Judai
Yusei Fudo
Yuma Tsukumo
Yuya Zakaki (and dimensional counterparts Yuto, Yugo, and Yuri)
Yuzaku Fujiki
- - - -
Yuza Shoma
- - - -
Yuga Ohdo
Yuhi Ohdo/Yuamu Ohdo/Yudias

. . . . yes there is a pattern.... xD
The dash divisions are for the main character of the manga spinoff "Yugioh OCG structures" that frankly speaking has more of the essence of the franchise than the Rush Duel series (the last 2 I listed). 

Another trivia related to Jojo: Sartorius/Saio, one of the main antagonists of Yugioh GX uses a tarot themed deck, from where one of the bosses is "The World" which he pronounces "ZAWARUDO" much like how Dio and his stand power "The World" does in Stardust Crusaders..... Also, they share the same voice actor in Japanese, meaning Jojo did a Yugioh reference that was originally a Jojo reference ;D

Archived