[DUNE] Nightmare Magician

https://ygorganization.com/arecurringnightmare/

image.png.360ea7853b43c0a2873ba5b3dbad8e07.png

DUNE-JP025 幻惑の魔術師 Nightmare Magician
Level 7/DARK/Illusionist/Effect
(1) Monsters cannot be destroyed by battles involving this card.
(2) At the end of the Damage Step, if this card battled an opponent’s monster: You can take control of that opponent’s monster.
(3) Once per turn, at the start of the Damage Step, if another monster attacks: You can destroy 1 card on the field.
2500/2000

Ok between the phantom beasts and this card, illusionist is quickly becoming one of my favorite types. I'm a huge fan of battle effects, and the way illusionists utilize battle in different ways, including non target, non destruction removal, is so cool to me.

8 hours ago, Lacooda said:

Right off the bat, Number F0 Main Deck edition.
Decent but more importantly a very anime thing to do down to MC stats.

You're right, I didn't even notice the MC stats. I wonder if this means we're getting a new anime where the MC uses this card. It makes sense, a new anime, introducing a new type of monster, and this is around the time we would get a new master rule revision with a new summoning mechanic.

27 minutes ago, KH911 said:

You're right, I didn't even notice the MC stats. I wonder if this means we're getting a new anime where the MC uses this card. It makes sense, a new anime, introducing a new type of monster, and this is around the time we would get a new master rule revision with a new summoning mechanic.

Thought that for a moment but I'd say no for 2 reasons.
*They are VERY focused on Rush Duel with the anime direction and "Go Rush" isn't done yet.
*I don't think I've ever seen a case of a Yugioh main character that's not been introduced/anounced in some way by the time their ace comes out.

I think this is meant to be a case of "my very own special pull" as a high rarity card within the set with MC stats but doesn't belong to a specific MC. They've done this before but can't think of examples off the top of my head.

Archived