Need tournament deck (Xbox)

...Please don't play Blue-Eyes

~~~

Given the limitation, and assuming you're playing the tcg, the decks to beat are 100% Superheavy Samurai & Traptrix.

SHS seems to have some resilience through handtraps, and the boards they make cannot be broken consistently. It seems like the absolute best choice. It also cheeses the "no spell" rule which is always fun.

Traptrix is probably the strongest out of the Trap deck picks simply because it plays well into - presumably - a Trap heavy format. Their consistency is really high thanks to that Link 1, their extra deck stuff is unaffected by traps, they have built in Spell/Trap removal via Myrmeleo, and the big board breaker within that format (Evenly Matched) doesn't hurt 'trix nearly as much as other Trap decks.

...if you're not willing to play either deck, then your best bet might be floodgates.

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, DarthChicken said:

Tinkerer my main deck is a SHS. I feel some what dumb for not having thought to just not use the side deck. 🙄🙄

Haha! Happens to all of us.

Generally, "no side deck" forces players to build for a wider variety of threats.  For example, Dark Ruler No More, Cosmic Cyclone, D-Barrier, etc. that would normally be in the side would have to be considered for the main.  Because of this, decks that can put up boards using minimal pieces (like SHS's 1-2 card combos) can afford to run more things to cover opponent's plays and are - therefore - stronger.  For SHS, you might want to make sure you have Underworld Goddess, Zeus, and maybe main deck Royal Decree (yeah, I get SHS's restriction, but shutting off ALL traps might win you a game outright).

No spells is interesting because it lowers the consistency of almost all decks out there.  Furthermore, since spells have the strongest coverage of going-second tools post-siding, without them, the power of going first is drastically increased.  Handtraps are absolutely necessary.  Phantazmay seems like an especially good surprise pick since you won't be able to use Evenly.

~~~

As much analysis as anyone can do, the X factor in playing in a limited format is familiarity.  You won't be able to cover for everything, especially in an unsolved format, but the more familiar you are with your own deck and its capacity, the better your chances are.  Since you already main SHS, you should have a pretty good chance.  Good luck!

20 hours ago, Tinkerer said:

...Please don't play Blue-Eyes

~~~

Given the limitation, and assuming you're playing the tcg, the decks to beat are 100% Superheavy Samurai & Traptrix.

SHS seems to have some resilience through handtraps, and the boards they make cannot be broken consistently. It seems like the absolute best choice. It also cheeses the "no spell" rule which is always fun.

Traptrix is probably the strongest out of the Trap deck picks simply because it plays well into - presumably - a Trap heavy format. Their consistency is really high thanks to that Link 1, their extra deck stuff is unaffected by traps, they have built in Spell/Trap removal via Myrmeleo, and the big board breaker within that format (Evenly Matched) doesn't hurt 'trix nearly as much as other Trap decks.

...if you're not willing to play either deck, then your best bet might be floodgates.

yes traptix is great alone but also why not combine them with naturia monsters and traps for Syncro boss monster with link and xyz monster I use them together but that is my opinion but you can try them together before the tournament to see if you like it or not

2 hours ago, Spencer Smith said:

yes traptix is great alone but also why not combine them with naturia monsters and traps for Syncro boss monster with link and xyz monster I use them together but that is my opinion but you can try them together before the tournament to see if you like it or not

Good question!

I'm not against mixing anything with anything else and if you have a list that works with the restrictions, that would be pretty cool to test out!

Unfortunately, I don't think Naturia Traptrix would be as strong in this limited format. Remember: the biggest benefit to using Naturia is easy access to the powerful Naturia Synchros. However, because neither player can use Spells, Naturia Beast is useless and Naturia Landoise cannot activate its effect. You can still use Barkion, but the Traptrix extra deck monsters are already unaffected by opponent's Traps, so Barkion isn't as useful. On top of that, you cannot use Naturia's Monster Reborn card since it is a Spell.

There are some other factors too, but I think those are the biggest weaknesses with a Naturia/Traptrix mix.