1 Ancient Fairy Dragon
1 Shooting Riser Dragon
1 Odd-Eyes Absolute Dragon
1 Knightmare Phoenix
1 S:P Little Night
1 I:P Masq
1 Cross-Sheep

• Like 1

When I saw the first batch of Valmonica cards a couple weeks ago, this is the kind of thing I'd immediately started brewing.  I didn't really care about the counters or the LP gain/self-burn, that was secondary to what I imagined Konami is subtly going for with this archetype: A really consistent engine for Level 4s that gives you a way to not use the Normal Summon that sets itself up for some extremely explosive plays.  In short, the Valmonicas are not actually meant to be a deck itself, but supplement Level 4 strats that can cycle a bunch of monsters.

For this deck, the focus is around a field spell axis.  All three fields search upon activation and each are pretty consistently searchable themselves by using Ancient Fairy Dragon.  With Ancient Fairy Dragon and Level 4s in mind, I needed Level 3 Tuners.  Handtraps fit this well, but so do Revolution Synchron (Level 3 tuner that can use itself in the hand as Material for a Level 7/8 Dragon Synchro), and Destrudo (Level 7 tuner. Can pay half your LP to special from hand or grave and reduce its level by the level of one of your monsters).  The rest of the deck was whatever flavor of Level 4 that was both searchable off a field spell + could benefit from being spammed on the field.  ABC fit pretty nicely, and they let me use Therion King Regulus as an additional power play.

The remainder of the deck is not super important.  Ways to not die going second, Majesty Pegasus as another Field Spell searcher, some cute extra deck combos, etc. But it still feels unrefined.  I'll probably be testing out more/different Level 4 strats and/or field spell combos.  Maybe I'll go for a version that has a bigger Valmonica core?

• Like 1