I am ONCE AGAIN asking WHY they can't just errata PVA!?!?!

i think it's because Konami doesn't want to cause confusion between different versions of a given card now that YGO is so big. when they do errata a card i've noticed it's usually because of that card already having a legacy that is important to the franchise's or card game's history (such as necrovalley, chaos emperor dragon,, etc) that konami doesn't want to just rot away outright for the sake of keeping the old fans around. there might be other reasons but i'm not sure if/what there/they are

as for your own errata, the changing of "mill a poly to do its effect" to "add a poly from deck" is still kind of broken, in some situations it might even be worse than original since so much meta counters focus on monster effects, not necessarily spell activations. then again, i don't remember verte rulings when it was allowed

but i think perhaps adding ", and if you do, you cannot Special Summon monsters (optional add: "from the Extra Deck") for the rest of this turn, except by the effects of that card or a card with its name" might do the trick. (sorry if effect grammar is a bit off)

Edited by cr47t
corrected typo in card name

• 2 weeks later...

The only way I can think to fix Anaconda is this: "You can target 1 face-up monster on the field; it becomes DARK until the end of this turn. If you control no other Link, Synchro, or Xyz Monsters, you can pay 2000 LP and send 1 "Fusion" or "Polymerization" Normal or Quick-Play Spell from your Deck to the GY; this effect becomes that Spell's effect when that card is activated, also, you cannot Special Summon monsters for the rest of this turn. You can only use each effect of "Predaplant Verte Anaconda" once per turn."

Anaconda was always doomed to get hit.  A completely generic summon that can duplicate almost any fusion spell card is just waiting for a worthwhile target.  The thing that made Anaconda oppressive, however, was the existence of DPE.  Even Dragoon wasn't enough to really and truly break Anaconda, since Dragoon requires three Garnets and forces a discard in order to negate.  DPE, on the other hand, is very difficult to get rid of thanks to its inherent ability to dodge effects.  The engine that summons it is also less prone to brick if you draw one of the pieces; drawing part of the Dragoon engine is borderline disaster. DPE and Fusion Destiny was the combo that finally brought the problem that is Anaconda to the fore.

And the REAL problem with the Anaconda/DPE combo is that, while any deck could make use of it, the decks that were getting the most benefit were the decks that were already powerful. It's too generic.  Not in terms of being universal for Fusion decks, but in terms of ANY deck being technically able to use it. If Anaconda couldn't be used by Link, Synchro or Xyz strategies, for instance if you couldn't use its effect if you controlled another type of Extra Deck monster, it'd be within reason.  Still incredibly powerful, but only decks with a heavy focus on Fusion Summoning are going to be able to use it. Nor do I think that type of errata would completely destroy the card, unlike Chaos Emperor Dragon.  It would instead turn it into the type of support for Fusion decks it was originally intended to be.

That said, I'd really rather see fewer generic staples like Anaconda and more in-archetype support for decks that are lacking.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Rongaulius said:

The only way I can think to fix Anaconda is this: "You can target 1 face-up monster on the field; it becomes DARK until the end of this turn. If you control no other Link, Synchro, or Xyz Monsters, you can pay 2000 LP and send 1 "Fusion" or "Polymerization" Normal or Quick-Play Spell from your Deck to the GY; this effect becomes that Spell's effect when that card is activated, also, you cannot Special Summon monsters for the rest of this turn. You can only use each effect of "Predaplant Verte Anaconda" once per turn."

Anaconda was always doomed to get hit.  A completely generic summon that can duplicate almost any fusion spell card is just waiting for a worthwhile target.  The thing that made Anaconda oppressive, however, was the existence of DPE.  Even Dragoon wasn't enough to really and truly break Anaconda, since Dragoon requires three Garnets and forces a discard in order to negate.  DPE, on the other hand, is very difficult to get rid of thanks to its inherent ability to dodge effects.  The engine that summons it is also less prone to brick if you draw one of the pieces; drawing part of the Dragoon engine is borderline disaster. DPE and Fusion Destiny was the combo that finally brought the problem that is Anaconda to the fore.

And the REAL problem with the Anaconda/DPE combo is that, while any deck could make use of it, the decks that were getting the most benefit were the decks that were already powerful. It's too generic.  Not in terms of being universal for Fusion decks, but in terms of ANY deck being technically able to use it. If Anaconda couldn't be used by Link, Synchro or Xyz strategies, for instance if you couldn't use its effect if you controlled another type of Extra Deck monster, it'd be within reason.  Still incredibly powerful, but only decks with a heavy focus on Fusion Summoning are going to be able to use it. Nor do I think that type of errata would completely destroy the card, unlike Chaos Emperor Dragon.  It would instead turn it into the type of support for Fusion decks it was originally intended to be.

That said, I'd really rather see fewer generic staples like Anaconda and more in-archetype support for decks that are lacking.

no errata's are abouste garbage and just ruin the card's original indenty , so it better to create a weaker retrain of the card.

Just now, Zamazenta the OS-Tan Fan said:

no errata's are abouste garbage and just ruin the card's original indenty , so it better to create a weaker retrain of the card.

I'm not really arguing with you. I think in most cases, a new card is a better idea than trying to change the old.  With some exceptions; I 'd say Firewall Dragon getting an errata was a good thing.  Firewall is a protagonist ace card that was banned because it was abused by strategies that had nothing to do with Playmaker's deck from the anime, so locking it into being useful for Cyberse strategies wasn't a bad idea. But yeah, by and large erratas are a worse option than new cards.

14 minutes ago, Rongaulius said:

I'm not really arguing with you. I think in most cases, a new card is a better idea than trying to change the old.  With some exceptions; I 'd say Firewall Dragon getting an errata was a good thing.  Firewall is a protagonist ace card that was banned because it was abused by strategies that had nothing to do with Playmaker's deck from the anime, so locking it into being useful for Cyberse strategies wasn't a bad idea. But yeah, by and large erratas are a worse option than new cards.

Plus verte ain't a progtanist card it should jsut get a weaker retrain instead that cautally helps its own Deck instead of being Genric I don;t want to see the OG ruined by stupid Errtas I despise them they are bad most of the time except when Konami doesn't go overboard good exmaples are Firewall like the pervious mentioned or another Fairy Dragon another protagonistbut from Yugioh 5Ds Spyrals broke the card also all they did was restricted the adding a field spell effect where instead you can't add with the same name as the ones that you destroyed and they slaped a HOPT on that thing but they didn't really harm it I hate to admit it but I like those kind of errara's that let's the card have most of its OG indenty but rains in the power of the card somewhat or a little I still have painful memoirs of classics getting ruined alot such as Chaos Emperor Dragon, the Snake and Ring of Destruction leaving those fucking cards unplayable those wheren;t even the most offensive but are still pretty all up to piss me the fuck off the best or the worst of all that makes me want to strangle Konami's thoat was for going out of their way to destroy the legacy of Card Crush Virus the OG not this new stupid version Errata's outside of Firewall Dragon and Ancient Fairy Dragon are so fucking bad but than you have Ettra's like Imperial Order which makes the maintenance cost not optional and you can;t choose not to pay the cost and pop it any more so you can use Spells again on your turn that was extremely unfair but the Imperial Order is the good kind of Errata even if the card got banned again in its now somewhat more restricted state it fits more in line with Firewall Dragon and Ancient Fairy Dragon kind of errata's where it doesn't go out of its way to make the fucking card out aright bad or destroys its OG indenty and makes it bad.

But Errata's have a pretty bad reputation srounding them and that will forever be the case no matter if the errata only adds a HOPT and maybe a cost that really doesn't kill the card outlright Erratas = Bad Most of the Times and Retarins are just supeior like why the fuck unban a card just to ruin it?

13 hours ago, Zamazenta the OS-Tan Fan said:

Plus verte ain't a progtanist card it should jsut get a weaker retrain instead that cautally helps its own Deck instead of being Genric I don;t want to see the OG ruined by stupid Errtas I despise them they are bad most of the time except when Konami doesn't go overboard good exmaples are Firewall like the pervious mentioned or another Fairy Dragon another protagonistbut from Yugioh 5Ds Spyrals broke the card also all they did was restricted the adding a field spell effect where instead you can't add with the same name as the ones that you destroyed and they slaped a HOPT on that thing but they didn't really harm it I hate to admit it but I like those kind of errara's that let's the card have most of its OG indenty but rains in the power of the card somewhat or a little I still have painful memoirs of classics getting ruined alot such as Chaos Emperor Dragon, the Snake and Ring of Destruction leaving those fucking cards unplayable those wheren;t even the most offensive but are still pretty all up to piss me the fuck off the best or the worst of all that makes me want to strangle Konami's thoat was for going out of their way to destroy the legacy of Card Crush Virus the OG not this new stupid version Errata's outside of Firewall Dragon and Ancient Fairy Dragon are so fucking bad but than you have Ettra's like Imperial Order which makes the maintenance cost not optional and you can;t choose not to pay the cost and pop it any more so you can use Spells again on your turn that was extremely unfair but the Imperial Order is the good kind of Errata even if the card got banned again in its now somewhat more restricted state it fits more in line with Firewall Dragon and Ancient Fairy Dragon kind of errata's where it doesn't go out of its way to make the fucking card out aright bad or destroys its OG indenty and makes it bad.

But Errata's have a pretty bad reputation srounding them and that will forever be the case no matter if the errata only adds a HOPT and maybe a cost that really doesn't kill the card outlright Erratas = Bad Most of the Times and Retarins are just supeior like why the fuck unban a card just to ruin it?

The archytype it is in however, it's technically a protag/antagonist arhytype (Being Yuri(a counterpart to Yuya))