Rokket/Borrel Support

Afanis

Revolver is probably my favorite character in any yugioh series, so I clicked this IMMEDIATELY. I think the monster effect is amazing, buuut I think the spell effect might be a little too strong ^^'. Namely the first effect. This might just be from hearing horror stories of Dragon Link format though, so I could be overreacting xD

56 minutes ago, Jordan Ashwood said:

Revolver is probably my favorite character in any yugioh series, so I clicked this IMMEDIATELY. I think the monster effect is amazing, buuut I think the spell effect might be a little too strong ^^'. Namely the first effect. This might just be from hearing horror stories of Dragon Link format though, so I could be overreacting xD

Hell yeah, great to see another Revolver fan around here. I've been working and improving a bunch of Rokket support lately cuz I really wish the pure deck was actually playable lmao. I'm hoping the search effect for this card wouldn't be too OP since it sets face-down, so you wouldn't be able to extend with Quick Launch.

• Like 1

Well, more Rokket than Cyberse, but the latter has a lot of support anyways lol. The fact that Rokket Coder is all we have as far as fuse between Revolver's and Yusaku's monsters is a crime anyways, so this is my attempt to fix it. Plus, the latter effect is a good storm access reference, so yeah.

Image23.png

Edited by Afanis

The pure Rokket deck currently has 2 major weaknesses:

1. You use up all your Rokkets to link climb, and end up having none left for your Rokkets to target.

2. Your Borrel Monster only has a single target, AKA a single interruption, which is incredibly weak by today's standards.

This card fixes both of these problems, by making sure Rokkets used for Link summoning are also destroyed (this way the rokket dragon variants trigger their end phase effects and replenish themselves), and the latter by allowing you to switch between each Borrel, using their Quick Effect, and moving on to the next one.

Image.png

At last, an in-engine way for Rokkets to send their absorouter! And a spell searcher! AND a way to make sure ashed/impermed Striker doesn't mean you're just dead, since you can use a rokket from your hand to Link Summon this. Of course, it immediately locks you into Darks, so hopefully it won't be too OP in Dragon Link 😅

Image01.png

Just now, Afanis said:

At last, an in-engine way for Rokkets to send their absorouter! And a spell searcher! AND a way to make sure ashed/impermed Striker doesn't mean you're just dead, since you can use a rokket from your hand to Link Summon this. Of course, it immediately locks you into Darks, so hopefully it won't be too OP in Dragon Link 😅

Image01.png

Dude. If all these are gonna be Rokket cards...put them all in one post. Stop making individual card posts within a few minutes. It just pushes down other posts in this section for no good reason

Attempting to fix the absolute crime that Borrelcode Dragon was lmaoo. Hopefully this would act as good Rokket support, while also being able to immediately trigger your Topologics from the Extra Deck when it leaves the field.

Image143.png.ca354922f19e63ce2151577a19114bc5.png

Oh damn that's allowed? Sorry! Should I delete them?

2 minutes ago, The Nyx Avatar said:

Dude. If all these are gonna be Rokket cards...put them all in one post. Stop making individual card posts within a few minutes. It just pushes down other posts in this section for no good reason

Just now, Afanis said:

Attempting to fix the absolute crime that Borrelcode Dragon was lmaoo. Hopefully this would act as good Rokket support, while also being able to immediately trigger your Topologics from the Extra Deck when it leaves the field.

Image143.png.ca354922f19e63ce2151577a19114bc5.png

Dude. Read what I replied with in your last post

Just now, Afanis said:

Oh damn that's allowed? Sorry! Should I delete them?

I can merge them all into one post. But moving forward, when you intend to post more than one card for the same thing, do so in the same post. Also, if you have any further ideas or additions, just edit your original post, and reply to your own post stating what you've added or changed

Just now, The Nyx Avatar said:

I can merge them all into one post. But moving forward, when you intend to post more than one card for the same thing, do so in the same post. Also, if you have any further ideas or additions, just edit your original post, and reply to your own post stating what you've added or changed

I am so sorryyy. Still new here and saw that the rules said multiple card posts should be included in a different section, but couldn't find that section, so I thought it'd be fine to just post them separately. Feel free to do whatever with em, sry for the trouble

5 minutes ago, Afanis said:

I am so sorryyy. Still new here and saw that the rules said multiple card posts should be included in a different section, but couldn't find that section, so I thought it'd be fine to just post them separately. Feel free to do whatever with em, sry for the trouble

It's alright. Now, multiple card posts can be done in either Casual Cards or Realistic Cards. What's the difference between the two? You can be a little more lax in Casual Cards. Realistic Cards is usually where you post when you have the current gamestate and balance in mind. As opposed to inventing new card types.

Cards made just for shits and giggles like a Goku card with 9999 ATK go in the Joke and Overpowered cards post. There was a whole section for them. But unfortunately, older staff did away with it.

And Card Game Workshop is primarily for games revolving around cards. Like...make a Fusion monster based on the description or name given by the previous poster.

You can post cards in Status Updates. But only one at a time, and not within minutes of each other, as that's spam

2 minutes ago, The Nyx Avatar said:

It's alright. Now, multiple card posts can be done in either Casual Cards or Realistic Cards. What's the difference between the two? You can be a little more lax in Casual Cards. Realistic Cards is usually where you post when you have the current gamestate and balance in mind. As opposed to inventing new card types.

Cards made just for shits and giggles like a Goku card with 9999 ATK go in the Joke and Overpowered cards post. There was a whole section for them. But unfortunately, older staff did away with it.

And Card Game Workshop is primarily for games revolving around cards. Like...make a Fusion monster based on the description or name given by the previous poster.

You can post cards in Status Updates. But only one at a time, and not within minutes of each other, as that's spam

Gothcya! Thanks a lot, I'll make sure to not spam again or anything

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Afanis said:

Hell yeah, great to see another Revolver fan around here. I've been working and improving a bunch of Rokket support lately cuz I really wish the pure deck was actually playable lmao. I'm hoping the search effect for this card wouldn't be too OP since it sets face-down, so you wouldn't be able to extend with Quick Launch.

I didn't even catch the "face-down" stopping Quick Launch; that's on me. Great job with that design!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Afanis said:

Well, more Rokket than Cyberse, but the latter has a lot of support anyways lol. The fact that Rokket Coder is all we have as far as fuse between Revolver's and Yusaku's monsters is a crime anyways, so this is my attempt to fix it. Plus, the latter effect is a good storm access reference, so yeah.

Image23.png

This card is pretty awesome! It occupies that fun space between "Okay I think this might be a little too strong" and "the entire game is too strong, so this really isn't unfair!"