A Newbie's Guide To Become a Good Card Maker, Friend, Leader,And Well Known

Lazer Yoshi

If there already is a thread like this or you think this is spam, dont neg, just ask to lock. For all you 1 and 2-stars out there, heres how to become well known. Excuse me for multiple posting, since i cannot fit that much info on one post, but maybe.

Thanks to:Spirit of DMG and Glasstin10 for being examples of friends, Icyblue And Dj Osiris for being awesome card makers, and bunches more.

First to make a good card, have an original name. Dont do something like "Blue Guy Thing". Try something, like "Dragon Guider- Tygo" or "ThunderSpark Eel". Make sure to capatilize the first letter of every word in the card name.

Now the level. Make sure the level is somewhat realistic. If the monster has 2400 ATK and 2600 DEF, the monster should be level 7-8. The lower the level, the ATK and DEF should be lower too, unless the low ATK/DEF helps the effect.

The attribute should follow the type of monster. For example, is the monster is a Plant-type monster, the attribute should be EARTH or WATER. Some types go along with every attribute. These include dragons, warriors, and spellcasters.

Now, the type should follow of the Yugioh types. No Demon or Karate-Man. Stick with the originals. Also, no sub-types. If the original type is aqua and you want the second type to be a zombie, type in the card that it also counts as a zombie-type monsters. Monsters probably shouldnt have more than 2 types.

A rarity does not matter with a card, but can add quality of the image. When I have the time, i will post cards here to show what cards that should be a certain rarity.

A picture is what makes a card look awesome. Make sure the pic fits with the card, because you dont want the name "Shadow Warrior The Great" with the pic of a thunderbolt shaped penguin. The pic shouldnt be blurry or have writing in the image. If the pic is too large, crop it. Too small, well, youre screwed. Dont take a pic colored with crayon. Make it good quality, like the card i will show you in a bit.

ATK/DEF should follow the level, like before, unless the effect goes with the amount.

Make sure the effect is balanced. Dont make a 4-star monster that has the effect to destroy all of your opponents monsters once per phase. A balanced card should have a not too powerful effect and fit the theme of the card. For example, Star Boy increases the ATK of WATER monsters. Since Star Boy is a water monster, it goes well with a WATER deck. OCG is also appreciated, which is official card grammer. Here, card's text looks like what it would in a real yugioh card. You will learn about it as you continue to make cards.

The Card name numbers and pack numbers dont matter. Theyre kinda pointless, unless they can go with a set. For example, if i made a "Dragon's BurstCall", the number on the left of the card could say "DRBC-006". The ID number is a random order of numbers, so nothing important here.

We will now be talking about where to post cards. If a card is realistic, like this one

54550jh1.jpg

It should go in the realistic section. Its balanced, seems like it would become a real card. If a card is based of TV, Videogames, ETC, it should go in the pop culture section. These include Simpsons,DBZ, and Pokemon-related cards. These cards should also be balanced. If a card is random and is not realistic or based of pop culture should be put the in any other cards section. Here, cards do not have to be balanced, but they should still have a purpose. If you didnt type up a card yet, you can post your cards in the written cards. Here, type the description of your card. Youre complete sets or packs are placed in the Finished Sets section. Here, many as 100 cards are posted in the same thread, and this cards may be realistic,pop, or other. Card contests involve holding a contest where people make a certain card to win points or reps. Contests are also real,pop, and other.

Up next is my Yugioh Anime/TCG thread tutorial, which will be here in a while.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If there already is a thread like this or you think this is spam, dont neg, just ask to lock. For all you 1 and 2-stars out there, heres how to become well known. Excuse me for multiple posting, since i cannot fit that much info on one post, but maybe.

Thanks to:Spirit of DMG and Glasstin10 for being examples of friends, Icyblue And Dj Osiris for being awesome card makers, and bunches more.

First to make a good card, have an original name. Dont do something like "Blue Guy Thing". Try something, like "Dragon Guider- Tygo" or "ThunderSpark Eel". Make sure to capatilize the first letter of every word in the card name.

Now the level. Make sure the level is somewhat realistic. If the monster has 2400 ATK and 2600 DEF, the monster should be level 7-8. The lower the level, the ATK and DEF should be lower too, unless the low ATK/DEF helps the effect.

The attribute should follow the type of monster. For example, is the monster is a Plant-type monster, the attribute should be EARTH or WATER. Some types go along with every attribute. These include dragons, warriors, and spellcasters.

Now, the type should follow of the Yugioh types. No Demon or Karate-Man. Stick with the originals. Also, no sub-types. If the original type is aqua and you want the second type to be a zombie, type in the card that it also counts as a zombie-type monsters. Monsters probably shouldnt have more than 2 types.

A rarity does not matter with a card, but can add quality of the image. When I have the time, i will post cards here to show what cards that should be a certain rarity.

A picture is what makes a card look awesome. Make sure the pic fits with the card, because you dont want the name "Shadow Warrior The Great" with the pic of a thunderbolt shaped penguin. The pic shouldnt be blurry or have writing in the image. If the pic is too large, crop it. Too small, well, youre screwed. Dont take a pic colored with crayon. Make it good quality, like the card i will show you in a bit.

ATK/DEF should follow the level, like before, unless the effect goes with the amount.

Make sure the effect is balanced. Dont make a 4-star monster that has the effect to destroy all of your opponents monsters once per phase. A balanced card should have a not too powerful effect and fit the theme of the card. For example, Star Boy increases the ATK of WATER monsters. Since Star Boy is a water monster, it goes well with a WATER deck. OCG is also appreciated, which is official card grammer. Here, card's text looks like what it would in a real yugioh card. You will learn about it as you continue to make cards.

The Card name numbers and pack numbers dont matter. Theyre kinda pointless, unless they can go with a set. For example, if i made a "Dragon's BurstCall", the number on the left of the card could say "DRBC-006". The ID number is a random order of numbers, so nothing important here.

We will now be talking about where to post cards. If a card is realistic, like this one

54550jh1.jpg

It should go in the realistic section. Its balanced, seems like it would become a real card. If a card is based of TV, Videogames, ETC, it should go in the pop culture section. These include Simpsons,DBZ, and Pokemon-related cards. These cards should also be balanced. If a card is random and is not realistic or based of pop culture should be put the in any other cards section. Here, cards do not have to be balanced, but they should still have a purpose. If you didnt type up a card yet, you can post your cards in the written cards. Here, type the description of your card. Youre complete sets or packs are placed in the Finished Sets section. Here, many as 100 cards are posted in the same thread, and this cards may be realistic,pop, or other. Card contests involve holding a contest where people make a certain card to win points or reps. Contests are also real,pop, and other.

Up next is my Yugioh Anime/TCG thread tutorial, which will be here in a while.

As you read earlier, i might multi post, so dont be upset. The anime/TCG will be up but...

Remember to give credit to the artists whos you used for the pic in your card. If it is your own image, say so. If you dont give credit, your thread will be locked and you could be flamed. But you wont be banned^^

K, so posts related to Yugioh the TV show go in the anime forum. Here, people talk about certain characters from the show, along with episodes and how the show is good or bad.

The card trade thread is locked, keep that in mind.

Fan fic is where people post ideas and written episodes of their own shows related to yugioh. This includes my fanfic, which involves Jaden's grandson beating Pegasus' StepDaughter.

In Your Deck, you can view other's deck lists or your own. Remember that your deck needs a theme, such as a Dragon deck. In your deck, make sure to stay with the theme and dont add random cards. Dont put Raviel, Necro Exodia, and Cyber End Dragon in the same deck. In a dragon deck, you would include monsters such as Masked Dragon, since it allows you to speical summon a dragon type monster from your deck with 1500 ATK or less. This combos well with Armed Dragons and Red Eyes Black Chick.

In TCG, talk about anything related to the Yugioh TCG. Here, talk about a card, perhaps how to use a card, and ask questions on how a card works.

As you read earlier, i might multi post, so dont be upset. The anime/TCG will be up but...

Remember to give credit to the artists whos you used for the pic in your card. If it is your own image, say so. If you dont give credit, your thread will be locked and you could be flamed. But you wont be banned^^

K, so posts related to Yugioh the TV show go in the anime forum. Here, people talk about certain characters from the show, along with episodes and how the show is good or bad.

The card trade thread is locked, keep that in mind.

Fan fic is where people post ideas and written episodes of their own shows related to yugioh. This includes my fanfic, which involves Jaden's grandson beating Pegasus' StepDaughter.

In Your Deck, you can view other's deck lists or your own. Remember that your deck needs a theme, such as a Dragon deck. In your deck, make sure to stay with the theme and dont add random cards. Dont put Raviel, Necro Exodia, and Cyber End Dragon in the same deck. In a dragon deck, you would include monsters such as Masked Dragon, since it allows you to speical summon a dragon type monster from your deck with 1500 ATK or less. This combos well with Armed Dragons and Red Eyes Black Chick.

In TCG, talk about anything related to the Yugioh TCG. Here, talk about a card, perhaps how to use a card, and ask questions on how a card works.

Now we will talk about how to become a friend. Examples are Spirit Of BMG<, Glasstin10, DK NOBOYUKI, tommers2008, Atomix, and Spirit Of DMG(I miss that name).

Okay, this will be a lot of info, so get ready.

First off, to become a friend, DONT BE RUDE. And dont SPAM or FLAME or BUMP OLD THREADS and dont get BANNED

Now, the most important and fun way to make a friend is by posting in their threads. Heck, Spirit my buddy since he replied in my old card thread "Harpie Angel". Tommers2008 joined my contest, and DK NOBOYUKI has been a friend since he joined. I just thought he was cool^^

Also,keep a positive attitude. Like Glasstin. Ever see him mad? Yes? Well you are lying. Positive is what makes this site friendly. If you dont have any friends, Im always OK with being your pal. I can also get you a friend since I know lots of people here.

Dont cuss. Cussing makes the people mad. Even if you bleep it out, people still think your kinda angry, and no one wants to talk to you.

You can also make someone cards as a dedication. For example, I could make a card for The Virus, and he might love it. It would go in the any cards section in the "Mass Member Tribute" thread.

It is OK to joke around. Just remember not to take it too far.

For example,

DK Tommer Of The DMG Club: Hey, youre cards are so awesome awesome called and wanted his job back.

Zeus Splice Of Ultimate Username: LOLzers. Thank you^^

DK Tommer Of The DMG Club: Also, they are so cool, I would date your grandma to cet a copy(WENT TOO FAR).

Also, dont tell offensive jokes, unless you post in a thread where people insult each other for fun.

Giving reps is a great way to tell someone "I wanna be your friend". But dont over do it. Dont give someone 35 positive reps for rating your card kindly. And dont rep spam, which means to give someone neg reps at the millions for one thing.

Now, go make some friends! No, put away the drawings and dolls. Find a cool guy on here and hang out^^

Aside from the previously mentioned spacing and paragraph issues so it's easier to process, I would suggest adding a step before where you started. I, patting myself on the back here, consider myself to be a good member at this point and I was 1 pretty much out of the gates. I'm not alone nor am I making this post as a means to just brag or be a tool. The reason I am saying this is that there were steps that I, as someone who was not new to the whole forum scene, knew to take that most people overlook in a rush to whip together some ALL CAPS post with their unreadably horrible 1st cards. I think these steps should be added to this tutorial.

1. Before you even make an account(or make a post if it's too late...or do any additional damage is it's too late for that) take a few hours and READ the forum. Look through each of the subforums and read anything that has the word "RULES" or sounds like it's been painstakingly designed just for your, as a new member, benefit. The more you read up before you burst onto the scene...the lower the chance of you making a complete nimrod out of yourself.

2. As a cardmaker, there is a 98.74% chance that you suck...utterly. Before you make a silly card with a bad pic and the words, "Dis Kard Ownezez all Monsturz!"(which will tank your chances of being taken seriously here) take the time to look through some posts about card making, read some of the Finished Contests to see what wins, and look through a few threads in the Realistic Cards Section(pick ones with tons of pages because they're more than likely good cards). Then get out your own cards(if you have any) or look on the net for pages like The Yu-Gi-Oh! Wikia so you can look through even more real cards. OCG(Official Card Grammar) is not an exact science, but you can look alot smarter if you study up on what's been done and notice patterns in phrasing, word usage, capitalization, and grammar.

2b. Don't EVER misspell the word grammar....ever.

3. Most contests award points and reps(reputation points) for prizes. You get points for making posts(don't spam) and you can give out reps once you have 25 posts. Having said this, Don't make a contest until you have at least 25 posts and until you've read the rules on contest making at least 3 times. It's really easy to make a stupid contest that will hurt your chances of being a good member since everyone will toss you into the noob pile and forget you exist.

4. dont type lik dis...0r t|-|1S. This kind of language might be acceptable on a cell phone or on lesser forums but the main language used on this forum is English. If you're from a country where English is not the primary language then it usually helps to put something like,"I'm from ____ and I'm sorry my English is not that good." A little disclaimer like this will keep alot of the bad people from being mean to you for not typing correctly. If, however, English is your 1st language....use it correctly.

5. If you have rules questions or dissagree with a rule on the forums then take the time to send a PM(private message) to a Mod(moderator) or Super Moderator(don't pester the Admin, he has more important things to do) and get your information that way. Starting the 47th thread of the week asking the same question or some halfbaked rant about why you don't agree with something is a good way to draw the wrong kind of attention to yourself.

And those are the main 5 off the top of my head. I just thought I would share this in an attempt to help an already promising tutorial. If, for some reason, you see this as a thing I shouldn't have done(as weird as it sounds...it's happened before) then simply PM me and I will be more than happy to delete this post(after I copy it to a text file, of course). I just thought this would be somewhat helpful for the 5% of newbies who actually read these kinds of things. angel.gif

Archived