[Glassy Thread] - How to become a "Successful Member".

RestLess-BoTics

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well done, I hope everyone reads this. I think everyone must cooperate to improve YCM, and following your points is the first step to do it.

BTW I would like to make a suggestion, well a new point, about comments.

When you make a comment please give the reason of your comment. I mean if it's good, give the reason why it is good, if not the same. I'm ssaying this 'cuz I've seen some comments (mostly on fan fics) like this:

Supernove: And that's my fan fic liked it guys?

Guy1: No, it sucks

As you may notice Guy1 made a comment (it could be a positive comment) but he didn't give a reason, why does he didn't like it?. Giving the reason Supernove can improve his fan fic (or Card Making) in the future.

Hope this could be in help.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I firmly believe that this Forum needs a lot of things. However, a tutorial on how to suck up to people and be inhumanly nice while not meaning an inch of it isn't one of them. -_-"

Honestly, you never give up, do you...? You're not a Moderator. Give it a rest, because, quite honestly, watching you try to get on people's good sides is nauseating.

Finally, you really need to stop saying "-Glasstin", and putting that fish after every post. Firstly because it's made me lose my appetite for seafood, and secondly because it serves no purpose and only reinforces your obsession with YCM. Honestly, kiddo, go out and smell the roses....

And P.S. Sorry, hun, but last time I checked you were definitely not "successful" in my books. ;3

So this guide is saying this:

If you're inhumanly nice and you incessantly suck up to people, you'll end up a great and successful member? Not quite.

On another note, Kindness won't bring you skill, Kindness won't bring you knowledge, and Kindness won't bring you creativity. Fortunately, all those things are required to be considered a "Successful" member. If you stick on Kindness alone you'll end up tying to become a "Successful" member by giving artificial comments on things,and all the while you'll be getting farther from your goal, and closer to the annoyance of others.

I'm not saying Kindness is something that is bad, or useless. I am only saying that one never has, and never will only survive off Kindness, or a cheap, few paragraph tutorial on how to be Kind.

I firmly believe that this Forum needs a lot of things. However' date=' a tutorial on how to suck up to people and be inhumanly nice while not meaning an inch of it isn't one of them. -_-"

Honestly, you never give up, do you...? You're not a Moderator. Give it a rest, because, quite honestly, watching you try to get on people's good sides is nauseating.

Finally, you really need to stop saying "-Glasstin", and putting that fish after every post. Firstly because it's made me lose my appetite for seafood, and secondly because it serves no purpose and only reinforces your obsession with YCM. Honestly, kiddo, go out and smell the roses....

And P.S. Sorry, hun, but last time I checked you were definitely not "successful" in my books. ;3

[/quote']

I would beg to differ.

This thread isn't teaching people to be kind.

It is telling members to be nicer to others & be frank, while refraining from hurting other's feelings.

I would beg to differ.

This thread isn't teaching people to be kind.

It is telling members to be nicer to others & be frank' date=' while refraining from hurting other's feelings.

[/quote']

You would, wouldn't you...? But, like I said in my other Thread, you're still a new member by my standards. So, I guess your ignorance on such matters is pardonable. Anyways, Glasstin isn't 'nice.' He is flattering, yes, but not nice. That's not to say he is mean, though. He is, per say, a void. No one really knows abything about him except the fake, emotionless comments he splatters across our screens. Nor is he frank. I doubt Glasstin has honestly meant a tenth of everything he's ever said on YCM - he just tells everyone what they want to hear. No offense, of course, Glasstin.

So this guide is saying this:

If you're inhumanly nice and you incessantly suck up to people' date=' you'll end up a great and successful member? Not quite.

On another note, Kindness won't bring you skill, Kindness won't bring you knowledge, and Kindness won't bring you creativity. Fortunately, all those things are required to be considered a "Successful" member. If you stick on Kindness alone you'll end up tying to become a "Successful" member by giving artificial comments on things,and all the while you'll be getting farther from your goal, and closer to the annoyance of others.

I'm not saying Kindness is something that is bad, or useless. I am only saying that one never has, and never will only survive off Kindness, or a cheap, few paragraph tutorial on how to be Kind.

[/quote']

I agree. But just more words.

Just be yourself and not a suck up like most of you are trying to be or trying to follow....*sigh*

• 3 weeks later...

Archived