The Spellcaster Contest (June 08)

69479ef6.jpg

Image credit goes to Robert Kim.

Effect: Discard this card. Negate the Summon of 1 Dragon-Type monster. When this is discarded, you can pay 500 Life Points to add 1 "Last Warlock" from your Deck to your hand.

This card is meant to be a really good side-deck card for this meta, obviously for countering "Dark Armed Dragon" and "Judgment Dragon".

I get the strangest feeling I'm going to lose... oh, whatever.

[align=center]commanderofsouls.jpg

Effect:This card cannot be Special Summoned. When this card is Summoned, select 1 unoccupied Spell & Trap Card Zone on your opponent's side of the field. Each time this card inflicts damage to your opponent's Life Points, select an empty Spell & Trap Card Zone. As long as this card remains face-up on your side of the field, your opponent cannot Set Spells & Traps in the zones selected by this effect. When this card is removed from the field, destroy cards that you control, or decrease your Life Points by 1000 for each zone selected by this card's effect.[/align]

1st contest lets see what happens

98835bc8.jpg[/img]

As long as this card is on the field your opponent's spells and traps freeze and cannot be activated and the active cards are negated. To unfreeze a spell or trap card you must discard a fire monster from your hand. (only unfreezes one card)

I'd like to enter

98257ry4.jpg

When this card is Summoned, Flip Summoned, or Special Summoned, you must discard 1 DARK attribute monster from your hand. If you do not this card is immediately destroyed and sent to the Graveyard. This card gains one of the following effects depending on the type of the discarded monster.

Spellcaster: This card is unaffected by the effects of spell cards.

Fiend: This card cannot be destroyed as a result of battle.

Warrior: This card gains 600 ATK.

Dragon: During battle between this attacking card and Defense Position monster whose DEF is lower than the ATK of this card, inflict the difference as battle damage to your opponent.

Archived