Deck making contest (Finished) Results are in!

Seta

Okay, the contest is bit longered. Why? Here's some reasons:

-Many of contestants have NOT posted their decks yet.

-Im away, starting from today.

IAmTheAeonClock, Ill think you can handle thinks here till I come back. I am not long away, just few days. This contest shall end... Hmm... 25th of June. MAKE YOUR DECKS READY TILL THAT DAY!!!

Thank you.

-Duelist9

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

THE MACHES ARE HERE! EWERYONE WITH DECK NOT POSTED WILL BE DISQUALIFIED!!!

Maches:

TheGreatUnknown vs. Killa Ace: TheGeatUnknown Wins!!!!

JLethal vs. Dark_Caius: Dark_Caius wins!!!

Enigma Zero vs. tommers2008: Enigma Zero wins!!!

「tea.leaf」gets to the next round without a mach.

Next maches:

TheGreatUnknown vs.「tea.leaf」:「tea.leaf」 wins!!!

Enigma Zero vs. Dark_Caius: Engima Zero wins!!!

And the finals:

Engima vs. Tea...... ENIGMA ZERO WINS!!!!

Places:

1st: Enigma Zero!!!!

2nd: 「tea.leaf」!!!!

3rd: Dark_Caius!!!!!

Congratulations to the winners!!! Prizes coming to your way!!

=P Congratulations to our three winners, and thank you for participating.

For all of those who didn't make the cut, better luck next time. ^^ Keep on trying, and hone your skills!

A personal congratulations to Enigma's deck - I was rather impressed with the build. I have decided to hand you an extra Rep, in addition to the ones you already get for winning. Think of it as my personal bonus for your achievement of first place!

Thanks for a very interesting contest and congratulations to the other winners.

For those of you who are curious...here's the winning deck. ;)

[spoiler=The Chains That Bind]

[spoiler=Deck List]

Monsters(19):

3x Spiritual Anchor Kako

3x Spiritual Anchor Sarena

3x Spiritual Link Thien

3x Spiritual Link Goral

2x Spiritual Link Bartal

2x Spiritual Link Yoshi

2x Mother Grizzly

1x Morphing Jar

Spells(12):

1x Heavy Storm

1x Mystical Space Typhoon

1x Premature Burial

1x Monster Reborn

1x Lightning Vortex

3x Spiritual Web

2x Pot of Avarice

1x Sword of Revealing Light

1x Field Barrier

Traps(10):

3x Dark Bribe

1x Mirror Force

1x Ultimate Offering

3x Spirit Barrier

2x Chain Explosion

Extra Deck(3):

3x Spiritual Master Mahlan

Note: Cards in RED were created by me.

[spoiler=The Cards]

Note: If you can't read a card please let me know and I will add the card lore where needed. ;)

ENI-SA-Kako-1.png

ENI-SA-Sarena-1.png

ENI-SL-Thien-1.png

ENI-SL-Goral-1.png

ENI-SL-Bartal-1.png

ENI-SL-Yoshi-1.png

ENI-Spiritual-Web-1.png

ENI-Chain-Explosion-1.png

ENI-SM-Mahlan-2.png

[spoiler=Artistic Credits]

All card images by Enigma Zero. :D

But I never played Enigma, what the heck? O..o

In any case, this was a fun and unique contest. So glad that I managed to do well! n..n

Anyway, my deck, for the curious.

[spoiler=Harpies' Remix]

• MONSTER: 16 Cards
    • 1 Dark Magician of Chaos
Harpie Chick
3 Harpie Dragon – Boreas
3 Harpie Dragon – Eurus
3 Harpie Guardian
3 Harpie Scout

SPELL: 20 Cards

• 3 Card of Safe Return
Coming of Spring
3 Heaven’s Call
3 Mislead!!
1 Monster Reborn
1 Premature Burial
3 Trade-In
3 Underground Hive

TRAP: 4 Cards

• 3 Hysteric Party
    1 Mirror Force

out in the 1st...!! ohh man..!!! never mind..!!

just wondering did the sentence at the start actually apply in this less real cards the better chance you have.... 20real 9created for winner..??

anyway well done enigma zero and other winners...!!!

and this was a good contest duelist9 hopfully if there are any more you make hopefully i get past the the 1st round...!!!

Don't look at it so much as 20R/9C but more as 20R/24C since I used mostly 3 of each of my cards(2 2's) and mostly 1's when it came to real cards(2 2's and 2 3's), or 55% if you prefer to look at it that way. You have to allow for the staples or you're just creating a losing deck. If it makes you feel any better, I didn't use 6 other cards from this set(2 ritual monsters, 1 ritual spell, 1 fusion monster, 1 spell, and 1 trap). ;)

Okay, please dont start an arguement. Tommers2008 is right, that I said from the how many cards you have made yourself, better points, but I did not mean to make almost the whole deck of your own cards. And I also didn't mean to just look what cards you have made, and slap them in a deck. Ofcourse, tommers2008 can post his deck here, if he wants to show it to Enigma Zero.

Well, to be perfectly honest, my opinions were based on 3 factors:

1) The balance of your deck. In my opinion, if your deck was almost completely made of created cards, it showed me that they didn't mesh well with already existing cards. I made sure to look at the effects as well, and determine if the number of any 1 card you included was appropriate based on its power. ^^ Essentially, an 'Is it Broken?" test.

2) The stability of the build. It wouldn't matter to me how good your created cards were if your deck was poorly built - remember, the object of this contest was to build a good deck. If you're cards are good, but the deck you put them in can't compete competitively, you were marked down.

3) Lastly, I rated the strategies. After carefully reviewing the card effects, I graded the uniqueness of the strategies those effects could pull off.

^_^

Well' date=' to be perfectly honest, my opinions were based on 3 factors:

1) The [i']balance[/i] of your deck. In my opinion, if your deck was almost completely made of created cards, it showed me that they didn't mesh well with already existing cards. I made sure to look at the effects as well, and determine if the number of any 1 card you included was appropriate based on its power. ^^ Essentially, an 'Is it Broken?" test.

2) The stability of the build. It wouldn't matter to me how good your created cards were if your deck was poorly built - remember, the object of this contest was to build a good deck. If you're cards are good, but the deck you put them in can't compete competitively, you were marked down.

3) Lastly, I rated the strategies. After carefully reviewing the card effects, I graded the uniqueness of the strategies those effects could pull off.

^_^

Wow, in that case, I guess my deck being second best kinda means something, right?

yes sorry duelist9 i wasnt tryin to start argument like i said before i misunderstood the concept of the contest and was just getting out my point then i relised what the contest was based on if you are makin another please let me no i wil understand it this time...!!! i dont really wana search through all my cards for my deck again but if you still have it you can post it if you like..!!!

ps: i no now that my deck isnt built like a deck more like a set...!!!!

Archived