Some Changes have to be made

I've noticed (along with some of the other moderators), that some members are flaming other members in this section. If a Deck isn't good, you should tell the person what they can do to make it better.

Some people don't have a lot of money, so they can't get Mirror Force, and three Solemn Judgments.

Any member that continues to flame people that need help will recieve a temporary ban.

(Mods, feel free to edit or lock this.)

Yeah thats a really good rule because lately many people flame each other at the Deck section but people don't care they just flame but this is a really nice point.

I hate to hate names... Oh heck' date=' that's not true. Cheeselord is a big flamer. Or at least he flamed one person...

[/quote']

I've do not flame alot, however I've responded to flame-like content in order to not lose ground, but I do not flame. I am annoyed by the fact that there are random decks that say they win alot. Also, the thread you are probably referring to I have not flamed in yet. I will curb my tendency to write off bad decks as pieces of fail and try to help it. But that's hard. And I'm a big flamer... Suuuure...

Yeah exxagerated with the big flamer thing. However, just because your annoyed by decks that say they win a lot, doesn't mean you need to go flame them. And yes, you basically insulted his deck back in that thread... However, flaming his deck is not against the rules.

In response to this:

My DARK deck. This deck is good trust me I win with it 85% of the time!

Non-Tribute Monsters: 14

x3 Giant Germ

x1 Spirit Reaper

x1 Marshmallon

x1 Treeborn Frog

x1 Grave Squirmer

x1 D.D. Warrior Lady

x2 Mystic Tomato

x1 Snipe Hunter

x1 Armageddon Knight

x1 Sangan

x1 Kuriboh

Tribute Monsters:

x1 Jinzo

x2 D-Hero Dasher

x1 Cyber Dragon

x1 Dark Horus

x1 Van'Dalgyon The Dark Dragon Lord

Spell Cards: 15

3x Reasoning

1x heavy Storm

1x Swords of Revealing Light

1x Premature Burial

1x MST

1x Scapegoat

1x Brain Control

1x United We Stand

1x Lightning Vortex

1x Monster Reborn

1x The Shallow Grave

1x Dark Core

1x Nobleman of Crossout

Trap Cards: 5

1x Deck Devastation

1x Magic Cylinder

1x Threatening Roar

1x Mirror Force

1x Sakuretsu Armor

Main Strategy: Use the 3 Reasonings to special summon Dark Horus' date=' Jinzo and whatever else. Then use heavy strom or MST to destroy all spell/trap cards on the field and use Lightning Vortex to clear the field. Then attack with all of the monsters for a close near game. You can also use other cards to destroy your opponent mercilessly but this works great!!!!

[/quote']

I posted this:

Here's a suggestion' date=' stop playing noobs. This deck makes my face esplode.

[/quote']

If this is flaming I don't know where the world has gone. He said he had won 85% of the time with a random arse strategy. Also, this was probably uncalled for until he posted:

I'm not playing noobs some of the people I play have gone to and beaten the VA REGIONALS SO SHOVE OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then I got justification, it's like, 6th sense that I knew a newb was going to post that. I have not flamed in that thread, rather, I have replied to rude comments inquiring about me being mean because he bragged about a deck that really, looks bad.

In response to this:

My DARK deck. This deck is good trust me I win with it 85% of the time!

Non-Tribute Monsters: 14

x3 Giant Germ

x1 Spirit Reaper

x1 Marshmallon

x1 Treeborn Frog

x1 Grave Squirmer

x1 D.D. Warrior Lady

x2 Mystic Tomato

x1 Snipe Hunter

x1 Armageddon Knight

x1 Sangan

x1 Kuriboh

Tribute Monsters:

x1 Jinzo

x2 D-Hero Dasher

x1 Cyber Dragon

x1 Dark Horus

x1 Van'Dalgyon The Dark Dragon Lord

Spell Cards: 15

3x Reasoning

1x heavy Storm

1x Swords of Revealing Light

1x Premature Burial

1x MST

1x Scapegoat

1x Brain Control

1x United We Stand

1x Lightning Vortex

1x Monster Reborn

1x The Shallow Grave

1x Dark Core

1x Nobleman of Crossout

Trap Cards: 5

1x Deck Devastation

1x Magic Cylinder

1x Threatening Roar

1x Mirror Force

1x Sakuretsu Armor

Main Strategy: Use the 3 Reasonings to special summon Dark Horus' date=' Jinzo and whatever else. Then use heavy strom or MST to destroy all spell/trap cards on the field and use Lightning Vortex to clear the field. Then attack with all of the monsters for a close near game. You can also use other cards to destroy your opponent mercilessly but this works great!!!!

[/quote']

I posted this:

Here's a suggestion' date=' stop playing noobs. This deck makes my face esplode.

[/quote']

If this is flaming I don't know where the world has gone. He said he had won 85% of the time with a random arse strategy. Also, this was probably uncalled for until he posted:

I'm not playing noobs some of the people I play have gone to and beaten the VA REGIONALS SO SHOVE OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then I got justification' date=' it's like, 6th sense that I knew a newb was going to post that. I have not flamed in that thread, rather, I have replied to rude comments inquiring about me being mean because he bragged about a deck that really, looks bad.

[/quote']

I don't think your first post could be considered flaming... lol

Lying is far worse than flaming. the whole" I win 85% of the time" is a joke, right? and the nationals must be some sort of code-word for "lollocals".

*sigh*

I'm not for random flaming...but goodness, some people really deserve it. -__- It's difficult to refrain sometimes.

As several of you have stated, I, too, try to be nice at first. True, I let my exasperation show a little when I see a very bad deck, but I'll still offer tips...then they respond with something like "I play people who are really good!" or "What are you talking about? This deck won regionals!"

At that point, I like to give them a piece of my mind.

ok, i know that if someone DOES respond with 'you fail' or 'fail less', it can be hurtful,

BUT, it is technically not flaming, if you read the rules...

Yes' date=' this is one of the general site rules, but because of recent disputes over what constitutes flaming, I feel that it should be defined here in more detail.

"Flaming" is a direct insult to a person. Example: "You are an idiot".

Speaking ill of a person's deck is not considered flaming. For example, "this deck sucks" is perfectly acceptable.

Speaking ill of a person's recommendations is also not considered flaming. For example, "your suggestions suck" is perfectly acceptable.

Speaking ill of a person's playing ability is generally not considered flaming. For example, "you suck at this game" or "learn to play" are perfectly acceptable. However, this can become flaming if done improperly; for example, "only an idiot could be this bad at this game" would be considered flaming.

[/quote']

directly taken from the rules section, so isn't this thread redundant then? -_-"

i might be missing something, but if don't know, if i am then please feel free to let me know

Guest PikaPerson01

If a Deck isn't good' date=' you should tell the person what they can do to make it better.[/quote']

If a deck isn't good, it just aint good. There's a point where I'll be willing to help, but if it's 20+ useless cards, then there's really no hope in helping.

Some people don't have a lot of money, so they can't get Mirror Force, and three Solemn Judgments.

Then what's the point of even having this entire section? I mean, I won't suggest Crush Card or something, but Mirror Force and Solemn aren't even that expensive anymore. It's just laziness and cheapness. If you want to run a Destiny Hero deck, that's fine, but if you can't afford the 3 D-Draws... don't bother trying to even fix it.

Any member that continues to flame people that need help will recieve a temporary ban.

Flaming's already against the rules so this topic is pretty useless...

I feel that I am flamed quite often for my "horrible deck building".

Some people don't have a lot of money' date=' so they can't get Mirror Force, and three Solemn Judgments.

[/quote']

As Im sure Ive stated Ive had my cards stolen so Im working from nothing to my way up so I dont see why people flame my decks considering they have gone toe-to-toe with some really good decks (although it does lose quite often, Ill admit that). In my opinion though Id say this forum has more flaming in it than suggestions in it.

Mirror Force: $15-30ish

Solemn: $15-30 depending on rarity, usually $20, fluctuates with rarity.

I am planning on working this summer to buy cards so i can compete. These staples are required in most competitive decks. Yugioh is a money game, also, we are suggesting cheaper cards, sure they're pricey for a card but if we really wanted to be nasty we would suggest CCV($250-300 for a gold), DC Knight($2100+), Gold Sarc($2000+), D-Draw($80). We are suggesting stuff less than half those prices. If you say you can't afford cards, go get a job, or do chores.

Why has this been sticked, i see no reason for it. Its whole concept in the beginning was flawed:

9. The Jack Witt Clause

All deck topics are treated as rate and fix topics. This means that' date=' when you post your deck, you will receive comments and evaluations of the deck's quality from other members and suggestions as to how to improve it. If you cannot deal with this, then do not post your deck. If you post your deck and then show that you cannot or will not accept constructive criticism, you will not only appear childish but also run the risk of having your topics closed.

[/quote']

People need to learn that posting bad decks then claiming they arent dont help themselves. I cant stand noobs who claim that they win all the time with decks with 70 cards. It is these people you should be banning not the people who said their deck is bad.

I propose a new rule, any deck over 50 cards should have the topic locked.

Please delete this topic as it is offensive to experienced members and supports people who have no idea how to build decks

Archived