Your Views on Pirates of the Caribbean 4

Zeroshot

If a fourth movie does start a new trilogy all its own, I might be okay. They'll have to do a pretty damn good job in the next film, since not only would Will and Elizabeth be absent, but we would also be waiting for a few years. I do not want the name of the series that revived Pirate films to be ruined.

Well taking Will and Elizabeth out is a very good idea to me as Will is really not important and Elizabeth erm she ain't important no more either. But if it is all about Jack then I would like it and in i they are going to Atlantis? If that is true cool. It should be a cool movie if they made it. Now I'm adding a new forum to my pirates of the caribbean forum hehehe

- Will: Good. I remember reading somewhere that he grew tired of the series.

- Elizabeth: The same as above.

- Jack: Focusing on Sparrow can never be bad.

However, I don't like the whole Jules Verne idea, with flying machines and such.

Great, another franchise they're going to run into the ground. I wish the movie makers would just let popular movies continue on in peace without trying to engorge themselves on as many profits as they can get their greedy, slimy little hands on and end up ruining the previous good films in the process. I don't think I like the idea of removing everyone except Jack, it seems to undermine the storylines and mechanics of the first 3 films. Personally, I think they could have done more with the storyline of Will becoming captain of the Flying Dutchman, but it seems that this will just be ignored.

I don't like the whole Jules Verne idea' date=' with flying machines and such.

[/quote']

I agree. That's another thing that would seem to undermine the mechanics of the previous three films.

I think a fourth film needs to tie off what happens to Jack Sparrow.

If you look at it, at the end of the 3rd movie, it only shows the ending to Will and Elizabeth (where 10 years later, he visits and she's on the coast with their son).

So you know what happens there. He becomes the captain of the Flying Dutchman and she is cursed to only get to see him once every 10 years on land.

But what happens to Jack? They never show him 10 years later. I think this fourth and final movie will show just how Jack Sparrow's life turns out.

I can't get into the article you posted, but flying machines, Atlantis, and all that jazz? Keep the Atlantis idea (c'mon, city that sank, TONS of treasure! What pirate could resist?), get rid of the flying machines, since none were invented until well after the time of pirate ships and all that.

Make Jack head for Atlantis and end up living his life there or something, but no flying machines...

If you look at it' date=' at the end of the 3rd movie, it only shows the ending to Will and Elizabeth (where 10 years later, he visits and she's on the coast with their son).

So you know what happens there. He becomes the captain of the Flying Dutchman and she is cursed to only get to see him once every 10 years on land.

[/quote']

Actually, I heard that since Elizabeth waited for him unlike Tia Dalma for Jones, Will is completely free of the curse.

Archived