Jappio's Splicing Tutorial

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't feel like giving anything in depth. Most should be explained in either tutorials. In general though, your recoloring needs a lot of work. They are also bland and aren't quite mixes, but small modifications to other Pokemon.

That was a form of editing that I did. I just plain scratched a fossil over the body. So it wasn't really a splice at all. Most people when doing fossils recolor/splice with things that are already fossil like, something I'm not experienced in at all. I prefer my form of fossilizing since it is closer to the definition of "fossil".

Ok so recently I decided to do another tutorial, this time in one video. Of course since it is shorter, it's not as solid explanation-wise.

• 2 weeks later...

I suppose it is better than some of the other first splices I've seen, but I usually don't care if it's a first. All things should be graded equally, regardless of chronological creation of them. You didn't recolor the thing, so wings and head have different colors than the body. It still has an arm, but oddly the arm is under the wing, which makes little to now sense. Something is really messed up with the tail, you really did a number on its border and it's very flat and 2D. Odd square/flat like bump on the neck. Too little Mewtwo in the sprite, so it isn't very even.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Well first off, the whole large body of white all around it doesn't look too good, that needs to be shrunk. Then the hands don't look like they match and take up far too much space over the body. You can't really tell what's going on. Then as you said, it's simple so there is nothing more to comment on.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived