Which anime series of Yu-Gi-Oh is the best?

Which is the BEST?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Which is the BEST?

• Yu-Gi-Oh
    • Yu-Gi-Oh GX
    • Yu-Gi-Oh 5Ds

After 59 he didn't lose' date=' meanwhile every member of the main cast lost atleast one duel. (In fact HKR broke the record for largest number of loses at 12 joint or more than Jyonouchi) Yugi lost more me thinks (I can't remember numbers of I used to have it worked out). I can remember 3 loses for Judai, but somehow have recorded 5.

Johan won against Giese, Amon, one of the Masks, Doodlebug and I think the Harpies and that was it not real duels the last 2.

Plasma is in Blood, they could have gone worse. Yea I am savvy with the GX eps, watched it from 24 - finish (only coz I left the DM dub a few months before and got the dvds and got 20 eps of GX in with it)

[/quote']

Hmm...I'm tempted now to skim through all the DM episodes to see how many times Yugi lost...but yeah, I know Judai definitely lost at least 5, maybe more, but I think 5 is it.

^^ Well, it has been a while since I've seen some of the GX episodes, so I guess all of those Johan victories slipped my mind. And yeah, they COULD have gone worse than Plasma, but I still don't like it at all. Bloo-D just sounds cooler.

u_u It's disappointing that so many people don't like GX based on what they've seen in the dub, don't ya think? If everyone just shunned 4Kids and watched subs of things...the world would be a better place.

Dub really ruins the series, I mean thanks to the DM dub alot of people percieved YGO as for young children, when its aimed for older children/teenagers. (Judai translates as Teen afterall)

Biggest hate on 4Kids dub of GX they HAD to take the mick of out of Chronos, seriously what's wrong with the way he dresses? (Whereas Mello (Death Note) only got stick from the fans for looking very feminine....even tho I don't see it). And changing Martin's name to Marcel? What was wrong with Martin seriously...

Moral of YGO's story, raw, sub or nothing at all

Exactly. I don't even see where they get some of their changes.

Jounochi to Joey, I could at least understand a little.

Judai -> Jaden. Ehhhhhh....

Sho -> Syrus. WTF?

Ryo -> Zane. Again, WTF?

Manjoume -> Chazz. Freaking Chazz. Completely clueless. Also, "Majoume Sandaaa!!" -> "Chazz it up!!!" was epic fail.

Asuka -> Alexis. Ok, I'm noticing a trend here. All these names sound like the names of some stuck-up British kid in a boarding school.

Daichi Misawa -> Bastion Misawa. They give him a British name and accent, but leave him with his Japanese surname? Wow...

Fubuki -> Atticus. Oh. My. God. I hated them so much for that. Also for taking out the "Ten...*jiggle*...Join!" bit.

Edo -> Aster. They couldn't have just gone with Ed, or even Edward?

I could go on, but I won't. Except for the total lack of multiculturalism. Chronos can't be from Italy now? Chronos De Medici changed to Crowler?

4Kids always takes out references to Japanese pop culture as well as nationality references. Everyone is American. In the original anime, Ishizu arrives to the Museum in Domino and is greeted with a "Welcome to America, Ms. Ishtar." Domino city is in America now, 4Kids? I never did see how they passed that off during the Doma arc, where the cast flew from Japan TO AMERICA. So if they're already in America, how did they fly to America? -____-

They lost the Tenjoin-butt wiggle which was awesome and the Thunder Chant how could they. Why make Misawa British.....(That's like asking why make Ryou British), wasn't YGO the only series to have an English character in the Japanese version. What was so wrong with Edo, I agree with your response. I know 4KIDs forget logic, I mean the fans know where the characters are so why can't they.....then again these are people who gave some from the NA a Southern Accent....

<3 YGO mainly coz of YNB impaling his hand on the castle tower. (Got that scene both anime and manga), seeing Yami No Yugi send people mad was just =O, and Jyonouchi in drag was side splitting.

You cannot beat someone in drag, (which is why I love Jimmy in Pkmn and a fanfic for DN where Mello has to crossdress) simple as that. It brings the best lol. And it would never turn up after that because of the seriousness.

• 2 weeks later...

if jaden wasnt the main character, i would say gx but the original is the best still, in my opinion. I love gx because the way they duel is so much more fun and exciting, including more complex. It also has a good story line. its original as well. I like most of the characters.

In yugioh some of the characters are annoying, like tea and tristan and serenity. It seems there arnt as many good duelists in yugioh as with gx. It seems like everyone in gx is good and has a stratedgy.

In yugioh(without waking the dragons), they have Yugi,Kaiba,Joey,Marik,Mai,and Bakura that are good.

In gx, they have a lot: Zane,aster,bastion,jaden(not really),alexis,atticus,Jesse,all the pros, Yubel, Sartorious, and more i cant think of.

Archived