One more week of name changes

Falling Pizza

• Administrators

Hi everyone,

The mod team has decided to eliminate name changes once and for all. You have one more week to request one more name change, and that will be your screenname forever.

We apologize for having to do this, but the amount of work we had to put in for it was simply outrageous. This is not up for debate, and if this discussion gets full of angry posters it will be locked.

Private message any super mod in the next week if you wish to have one more name change.

Thanks

The difference being(and this is a common misconception), RacecaR, that a forum is anything like a Democracy. Newsflash, it's not. Mods/Super Mods/Admins don't get paid to run forums(rare exceptions exist). They're essentially volunteers who feel pashionately enough about whatever subject the forum has chosen to commit their time and energy towards policing hundreds of people to create a better, overall, forum experience for the membership. It's a thankless job in most reguards and any time a controversial matter comes up the membership is the 1st to turn on their would-be caretakers. There are only two forms of recourse when a decision made by the higher powers that govern a forum are not to your liking. You can politely state that you dissagree or you can discontinue your use of that particular forum.

In all honesty, we're talking about name changes here. It's not the end of the world nor is it the hardest thing to get right on the 1st try. If anything it cuts down on confusion, other related problems, and a ton of extra work for those who volunteer their time and energy to keep this forum up and running. It's not the particular course of action that I, personally, would have chosen for this situation but I, like you, am just a member so I accept and move on with my forum exprience. I'm more interested in having this forum to use than complaining about something as trivial as name changes. It's their call and they made it. If I were in control of this forum you'd like me a whole heck of a lot less then the people you have here so count your blessings...trust me. ;)

On another note, and since I kinda brought it up, I would like to extend my thanks to the Higher Powers of this forum for the work they do here. Thanks. :D

I think we should give enigma zero a pat on the back for saying it like it is. ^_^

I do agree that there has been a whole lot of name changes recently, myself included, and I think it is getting ridiculous....

But imposing a no name change forever policy is kinda strict in my opinion....

Maybe you can be allowed to change your name when you get up to 30 reps +?

But I'm not here to offer suggestions... You all have made your choise and I agree that the rule was needed to stop confusion....

Thank you all for getting it under control! ^_^

This is a good rule.

I've changed my name more times than anyone else on the forum, and I like my current username, so I completely support this rule.

I usually stick the same username on most forums I go to, and barely ever change my name so to me this isn't a problem. (Though I typicially use CinderFallenAngel instead of Blood Rose, but it draws in all my fav characters more or less so I'm happy with it). Its sad when it gets so bad because I repeated name changes that it has to be stopped, how hard is it keep the same name for several months, (Granted on another forum since Jan 07 I've had my name changed 4 times.) so I understand completely your decision.

I'm very pleased to hear about this rule because it's true that during the last days many people kept changing their names and it was quite hard to remember who is who. After all, I think that when people register, they're supposed to choose a name they like and they're willing to keep. So good idea Falling Pizza and the rest of the team^.^

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.... Why? :( This news is just as bad as when I heard PokemonCrater was shutting down. :( :( :( :( :(

Do you think name changing will be added again later?

NO, PokemonCrater shutting down was like the worst thing ever. I wasted hours of my life on that and just got the perfect team. *sobs*

This news is, well, news. I'm fine with my name.

Archived