Lock Nao

I could drop Norleras but it gets use with Phantom of Chaos and another way to pull off the Yata-Lock. Lyla is very good for Spell and Trap destruction and I doubt it will get limited. Its pretty much a LIGHT attribute Breaker that can use its effect more than once. The best option to fit Envoy of the Beginning in here would be to drop Norleras as I wouldnt lose any Monsters for Trade-In and I wont have more dead draws. Treeborn Frog is excellent for this deck as it will pretty much always guarantee field presence. Dasher is good for swarming and can bring Dark Magician of Chaos out with no tribute. I might work on building a Chaos control deck next.

Yeah. I dont think removing Lyla would be a good idea. It would limit my LIGHT monster line-up even more than what it already is. I might just add A Feather of a Phoenix without removing anything. It has enough draw power to safely run 41 cards instead of 40 anyway. Thanks setojim for bringing that to my attention. Yata is hardly milled out but I think the addition of A Feather of a Phoenix would be a good idea in case of that.

Some of the cards you play have no impact on your goal like threatning roar (it looked so random on the list) I thought about it and I'd play something more like this :

1 ced

1 dmoc

2 jd

3 norleras

3 plasma

1 dasher

1 ddwl

1 sangan

1 witch

1 crow

2 poc

1 disk

1 mof

1 yata

1 pog

1 gc

1 confisc

1 forceful sentry

2 allure

3 trade in

3 d draw

3 upstart goblin

1 storm

1 feather duster

1 painful choice

1 a feather of the phoenix

1 reborn

1 premature burial

For now I don't see what to cut to make this 40, you should be able to figure out what when playing it. Also, I don't know what has been fixed because your list is on the first page but i can explain some of the choices I made.

judgement dragon : light, lv8 for trade in and poc can copy him

plasma : the best d hero works with all your draw spells

dd warrior lady and dd crow : get rid of opposing sinister serpent and frog for your lock

magician of faith : if you don't pull of the lock in 1 turn you better have faith

confiscation and forceful sentry : to get rid of opposing crow with sentry you can also get frog or sinister serpent

upstart goblin : for speed and who cares about life point when you are yata locked

a feather of the phoenix : for the norleras combo and just in case something happen to yata

I'll test it and modify the deck accordingly. Out of everyone who posted on this thread, you, setojim and Abstract probably gave the best fixes. I suppose with only CED in here, I think 4 LIGHT monsters may be enough. I definately wouldnt wanna go less than that as I would have to rely on Phantom of Chaos to get the Yata-lock. The problem with using Phantom of Chaos is that it uses up a Normal Summon which I need to summon Yata. That's actually why I initially maxed Dasher. Fear Monger was mainly in here for more Disk Commander abuse. Anyway, I'll test the build you provided. I'm testing it against Dark Armed Dragon and Lightsworn so far.

Ok I see your problem with the summon of poc maybe then take out a plasma for a 2nd dasher from the list i provided. Also, I'd like to see that lightsworn deck your testing against I've never been able to build something good whit them the traditional format format. (just pm me the list or make a topic for the deck in this section if you want the others to see it)

For the roars side some they are awesome vs otks it's just that they don't have their place in the main deck

I'm testing it against an Advanced Format Lightsworn deck. Judgment Dragon's brokeness makes it a big threat. Here it is (I posted it here so I dont flood the Traditional Forum with my decks):

Monsters: 21

3x Judgment Dragon

3x Celestia, Lightsworn Angel

2x Ehren, Lightsworn Monk

3x Lyla, Lightsworn Sorceress

3x Wulf, Lightsworn Beast

3x Lumina, Lightsworn Summoner

3x Garoth, Lightsworn Warrior

1x Jain, Lightsworn Paladin

Spells: 14

3x Solar Recharge

2x Reinforcement of the Army

2x Foolish Burial

2x Monster Reincarnation

1x Monster Reborn

1x Premature Burial

1x Brain Control

1x Heavy Storm

1x Mystical Space Typhoon

Traps: 6

3x Beckoning Light

3x Threatening Roar

It is able to beat Dark Armed Dragon decks. Beckoning Light is there to recover Judgment Dragons that get decked out as a result of other Lightsworns. It is also very easy to summon. In Traditional, Painful Choice would maybe replace a Foolish Burial, Change of Heart would replace Brain Control. Those are a few changes I can think of at the moment. Staple monsters, well, I dont think help Judgment Dragon too much. Roars are good for stopping attacks that could ruin your win condition (Judgment Dragon). I might drop one for a Torrential Tribute as it can help with field destruction while I get Lightsworns in the Graveyard for Judgment Dragon's summoning. This is a deck I'm actually working towards in Advanced Format. Getting the rarest cards (like Judgment Dragon) is the hardest part to finishing it. I still need 2 more. A problem with Lightsworns is that Macro Monarch decks can really mess this deck up which is another deck I'm working on. It is more complete and I'm only about 9 or 10 cards away from perfecting it.

For the roars side some they are awesome vs otks

They are also awesome against Gladiator Beasts. It stops them from getting their tag-out effects.

Archived