PS Basics: Rendering

Wait lasso polygon tool? That could take for ages. Or forever. Anyway pretty good job but OK well I don't know how to rate it since the basic is the Pen tool. But good job.

You do know thats you can render 3 ways right?

Yes I did mention them in the tutorial along with why I didn't like them. It only takes forever if you pic a hard picture, typicially it takes me around 15 minutes of less to do a render, maybe less. So not huge amounts of time.

Ppls honestly think a Poly Lasso would take forever thats how I do all my renders personally and I can say average time since I do a lot of high resolution images it takes at most 30 mins for multi layered Renders and maybe 20 max for average renders this is actually the most common style of rendering out there and images come out cleaner

Lol. Rose you didn't even mention the Shape tool. XD I'm known as the tracer in AR :D. Shape tool is good if you made a lot of mistakes. Well I wouldn't say it's a bad idea but the pen tool it better because in my Ps it take the edge of the render. So if the edge is round then it will be round but it's cool to render with the polygon lasso tool.

Exactly. The problem is with the lasso tool is that you can't redo something wrong. The pen tool is easier. But if your a tracer like me there shouldn't be any problem XD.

Look this was just designed to help people, personally I find the Pen Tool doesn't give the quality of cut, but that's just me, heck after using the Pen Tool a few times, I just couldn't help using the Polygonal Lasso tool to sort the edges out.

And Cyber Altair considering you've been telling people to use the Magic Wand....

If you take it slowly enough you won't go wrong simple as that.

Wow chill out Ok? I just gave you some info not much to be harsh and shout on me. Gee anyway, Great tutorial, done well, explained well. Ok xD.

Well when I do lasso and I make a mistake I go Ctrl + Shift + Z brings to the default before the mistake and using Ctrl + D does a de select on the area from selection. Also doing smae portions at a time and zooming in over 400% of the original stock does help with a clear smooth transitional render

Wait...... Oh sorry just a song. Anyway XD I have my own ways which I really use something hard. I'm a really Photoshop freak so I don't think anything else is good than the.......... sorry can't say I shouldn't tell anyone.

I guess you deserve it since I told my secret to everyone. Welcome to my world. Daemon.

2+ Reps coming. For describing and saying the 2 tools. You missed one.

You missed me, the tracing XD I can't really give out all of my secrets but you missed out the Shape Tool.

And don't try it if you render for the first time with it and only use it for anime XD.

Look this was just designed to help people' date=' personally I find the Pen Tool doesn't give the quality of cut, but that's just me, heck after using the Pen Tool a few times, I just couldn't help using the Polygonal Lasso tool to sort the edges out.

And Cyber Altair considering you've been telling people to use the Magic Wand....

[/quote']

the picture had a white BG, a simple click from the magic wand would have selected the whole thing then contract the selection by by 1 px. before cutting to remove the white edges.

Look this was just designed to help people' date=' personally I find the Pen Tool doesn't give the quality of cut, but that's just me, heck after using the Pen Tool a few times, I just couldn't help using the Polygonal Lasso tool to sort the edges out.

[/quote']

the picture had a white BG, a simple click from the magic wand would have selected the whole thing then contract the selection by by 1 px. before cutting to remove the white edges.

You didn't say that. You just said use Magic Wand. Anyway, that's not rendering. That's cutting (as in "CtrlX", not a "Cut").

Archived