Yu-Gi-Oh! Rise of Legends -Episode 5 Posted!- Find out who the woman is! ~Next Time: Time to get Voltic!~

Synchronized

hmm... sorry it took me so long to read this. XD

anywho, from the last two chapters:

Interesting, Seto showed up. and playing with a bunch of cards i have never heard of before. cooler!

now we still have no clue as to what is going on, but we know it has something to do with Stonehenge. way to go with suspense!

but the end of the last duel was very anti climactic. here i just play megamorph and beat you...

oh well. that is okay. Kaiba would do that. XD

it just seems that everyone uses that card as the winning card in every fan fic at some point. that is why i stay away from it. XD

pretty good fic so far.

-Kale

Chronicle 4: Legend of the Serpent Queen

Over 2000 years ago, the world was ruled by a vicious tyrant who went by the name of Cylira. It was said that she had the spirit of a six-headed serpent inside of her, and that when she was killed, the serpent would escape and destroy the earth.

Of course, people didn’t believe that the six-headed serpent existed, and after Cylira was killed, they found out that they were right because no serpent appeared. Of course, parents would tell their children stories about Cylira’s serpent, but only as a means of telling them an interesting bed time story.

There were still people that believed the serpent had actually existed, but they had no proof, so they weren’t able to convince people that the serpent had actually existed. However, this remains a mystery. Did the serpent actually exist?

*Alyrion Library – August 12, 2008*

Airos closed the book and placed it back on the shelf. These stupid school projects; they always had to read a book and write a report about the book or research a person and write a report about the person. This time was no exception. For his latest school project, he was told to study the Serpent Queen Cylira and write a report about her. He also had to give his opinion on the six-headed serpent.

He laughed when he read the part about the serpent; people still believed in the serpent two thousand years after Cylira had died. If the serpent was going to destroy the earth, it probably would have done it already.

Still, there had to be some reason that people believed in the serpent. That thought was something that Airos hadn’t been able to get out of his mind since he had first read about people still believing in the serpent. Why were they so convinced that this creature existed?

*Alyrion – Downtown – August 12, 2008*

A boy, about fifteen years old, was walking down the street. He had spiked brown hair, and he was wearing a red shirt and black pants. He had a duel disk on, so it was likely that he was a duelist. The boy looked like a regular kid, except for the fact that there was a mark on the back of his neck. The mark was a blue snake with dark green eyes.

*Alryion Library – August 12, 2008*

Airos picked up the papers and the pen that were on the table he was sitting at, and walked out of the library. It seemed a bit darker today than it usually did. He couldn’t wait to finish this project and finally get some time to rest.

As Airos walked on the sidewalk, he noticed a kid walking toward him. He didn’t recognize the kid, but he knew that the kid was a duelist because he had a duel disk on his arm.

Suddenly, just as he was about to walk past the kid, he heard a voice.

-We shall duel.

He didn’t really know what the voice had said, or where it had come from. The voice sounded like that of a female. Suddenly, he realized that the voice had come from the kid standing next to him. The weird part was that the kid was a boy.

-Did you say something?

-I said, we shall duel.

-What’s up with your voice?

-That is not for you to worry about. You are Airos Ratiyo, are you not?

-Woah. That’s weird. How does he know my name? Uh yeah, I am. How do you know my name?

-Sorry boy, but there are many things you shall not understand. Now, we shall duel.

The boy spoke with no emotion. It was almost as if it wasn’t the boy speaking, but a creature. It was like the boy was being controlled.

-Well, I guess I can duel you.

Airos activated his duel disk and inserted his Deck into the Deck holder. His opponent did the same.

-Duel!

He couldn’t stop thinking about the fact that his opponent sounded like he was being controlled.

-I’ll make the first move. I Set a monster card and end my turn.

A card appeared, face-down and horizontal, on the boy’s side of the field.

Airos was a bit surprised at the simplicity of the move.

-My go! I’ll call on Elemental Hero The Heat [1600/1200]!

A burst of flames smashed into the field and a warrior wearing bright orange armor with flames on it appeared on the field.

-If you think he looks impressive, wait until you see his Special Ability! For each Elemental Hero I control, The Heat gains 200 attack points!

A ball of flames crashed into The Heat.

(1600 + 200 = 1800)

-Now, time to turn up The Heat! Elemental Hero The Heat, attack his face-down monster with Infernal Fist!

The Heat’s right hand became surrounded by flames, and he smashed his fist into the face-down card. The face-down card flipped up, and a worm-like creature, with wiggly arms and legs emerged from it.

-Hahaha! You attacked my Worm Apocalypse [300/200]! Now its effect activates! You have to randomly discard a Spell or Trap Card from your hand.

One of the worm’s arms shot out and grabbed a card in Airos’ hand.

-Luckily it took my Polymerization. If it had taken my other Spell Card, my strategy would be wrecked. I guess I’ll end with a face-down.

-I’ll just Set another monster and end my turn.

Another horizontal face-down card appeared on the boy’s field.

-Another face-down? Isn’t he going to attack or play a Spell or Trap? Whatever, I’ll be able to win easily if he keeps this up. Alright, here goes nothing! I activate the Spell Card Hero’s Bond! With this, I can Special Summon Elemental Hero Lady Heat [1300/1000] and Elemental Hero Ocean [1500/1200].

A warrior with long hair and bright orange armor appeared on the field and a blue fish-like warrior wielding a staff appeared on the field. Two balls of flame crashed into The Heat.

(1800 + 400 = 2200)

-Since I have two more Elemental Heroes on the field, The Heat’s attack points increased by 400! Let’s do some attacking! Ocean, attack the face-down card with Hydro Strike!

The fish-like warrior smashed its staff into the face-down card, which flipped up to reveal another worm-like creature, except it had four wings and was gray.

-Another one of those worms, eh?

-That is correct. Meet Worm Cartaros [1200/500]! When he’s flipped, I can add one Level 4 or lower Worm monster from my Deck to my hand. I’ll take my Worm Gurus [1500/300].

-That’s fine. You keep setting those worms, and I’ll keep destroying em! Lady Heat, attack with Fire Kick!

The female warrior in bright orange armor leapt to the boy’s side of the field and delivered a kick with her flame-surrounded foot straight to the boy’s chest.

Boy’s Life Points: 2700

Airos’ Life Points: 4000

-Sorry to tell ya this, but that’s not all. Elemental Hero The Heat, attack with Infernal Fist!

Once again the male warrior in bright orange armor delivered an attack with its flame-surrounded fist. The boy fell to the ground after being hit by the attack.

Boy’s Life Points: 500

Airos’ Life Points: 4000

-Alright, I’ve got this game won!

-I must say, you are quite the duelist.

-Thanks, but save the compliments for after I win, which is right about now! See, thanks to Lady Heat’s Special Ability, you take 600 points of damage!

The boy laughed, and the blue mark on his back began to glow. Suddenly, the boy disappeared and a woman in a bright blue dress appeared in his place.

Next Time: The Truth of the Untrue Story!

hmm.. you made elemental heroes playable? XD nice.

sorry i couldnt read this sooner, i was reading some of the n00b fan fics before i could get to the better ones. like this one, for instance.

i like how you have the perfect balance of description and dialog, like i do. it leads to a better understanding of the storyline. ^_^

keep up the fic, and could you read my fan fic as well? i havnt gotten much response from chapter 12... -.-

-Kale

Yu-Gi-Oh! Rise of Legend

Chronicle 5: The Truth of the Untrue Story

[On the last Rise of Legend: Airos was assigned a school project in which he had to research Cylira, a woman that ruled as the Serpent Queen two thousand years ago. It was said that Cylira had the spirit of a six-headed serpent inside of her, and that when she died, the serpent would escape and destroy the earth. However, that never happened. The weird thing is, there are still some people who believe that the six-headed serpent really existed. While walking home from the library, Airos met a boy who had a blue mark on the back of his neck that looked like a snake. The boy challenged Airos to a duel, and just when Airos was about to win, the blue mark on the boy’s neck began to release beams of blue energy, and the boy disappeared. A woman in a blue dress was standing in the boy’s place. Airos has this duel won, but it looks like the woman has a plan to stop him.]

-Alright, I’ve got this game won!

-I must say, you are quite the duelist.

-Thanks, but save the compliments for after I win, which is right about now! See, thanks to Lady Heat’s Special Ability, you take 600 points of damage!

The boy laughed, and the blue mark on his back began to glow. Suddenly, the boy disappeared and a woman in a bright blue dress appeared in his place.

-What just happened?

Airos stood with a confused look on his face, trying to figure out what had happened. The woman spoke.

-Finally. It feels so good to be back in the real world once again.

-Huh? What do you mean back in the real world once again?

The woman laughed. Her voice sounded familiar to Yubel’s voice. It had a light, eerie tone.

-Foolish child. You’ve many things to learn. Anyway, where were we. Ah, yes, you were about to inflict 600 damage to my Life Points with that Lady Heat. Unfortunately, I’m not done dueling you yet. I think I’ll discard my Winged Wata [200/300] to negate the damage.

An orange furball with orange eyes appeared on the field and got hit by Lady Heat’s flames.

-So she had a plan all along? She’s good. Who is she though? Grr…I’ll end my turn.

-Hahaha. It’s my turn. You will feel my power! I Summon Worm Barses [1400/1500] in Attack Position.

A large creature with four hands appeared on the field.

-Another worm? I’m seriously getting tired of these things.

-My Barses has a very interesting effect. If a monster is changed to Defense Position, I can change that monster back to Attack Position.

-That doesn’t matter. Two of my monsters are more powerful than your Barses.

Airos stared at the woman with confidence. There was no way she could defeat him; he had the game won. Suddenly, she began laughing and an evil smile formed on her face.

-While your monsters might have more strength now, things will change after I activate this card. Go, Power Depletion! See with this card, the attack of all of your monsters becomes 0 during the Battle Phase. However, they all get changed to Defense Position as well.

All three of Airos' heroes knelt down and a horizontal card appeared beneath them.

-If my monsters are in Defense Mode, you won't be able to inflict any Battle Damage to me! Unless...!

-Hahaha. This is the part where my Barses'effect activates! I'll change your Elemental Hero Lady Heat back into attack position.

One of the worm's hands extended and the worm fired a blast of sound at Lady Heat, causing her to stand up.

-Now I can inflict some damage!

-What's going on here? I don't even know who this lady is.

An image of the Serpent Queen from the book that he had looked at in the Library flashed in his mind.

-No way!

As he realized what had happened, his eyes widened. He stared across the field at the woman, who he now realized was the Serpent Queen. The woman lauged once again.

-You looked puzzled; is something wrong?

-You...you're...

-Cylira, the Serpent Queen! I see you've learned a bit about me. It took one thousand nine hundred and sixty years, but I've finally returned to this world.

-I don't understand. What happened to you?

-My people sent me to the Shadow Realm so that the six-headed Serpent spirit inside of me would never be able to escape. Now that I've returned, I'll help the serpent spirit escape and make the world pay for sending me to the Shadow Realm!

-If that serpent spirit escapes, it will destroy the world.

-That's exactly what I want to happen. I'll build a new world after this one is destroyed.

-She's one angry queen. I've gotta stop her. I don't know how to stop her, but my guess is that I can stop her if I win this duel. Maybe I can return her to the Shadow Realm. That wouldn't be fair to her though. She's spent one thousand nine hundred and sixty years in the Shadow Realm; I can't just send her back. Grr...I don't know what to do! I'm sorry ma'am, but I'm gonna have to stop you from destroying the world!

-Hahahaha! There's nothing you can do to stop me! As soon as I defeat you in this duel, the serpent spirit will be able to escape! Now, let me show you just a sample of my power! Worm Barses, destroy Lady Heat with Underground Shockwave!

The worm fired a blast of thunder from all four of its hands, causing Lady Heat to explode into pixels.

Airos' Life Points: 2600

Cylira's Life Points: 500

-That attack lowered my Life Points a lot, but I'm not gonna give up!

-How was that? I'll end with a face-down.

-Sorry Cylira, but I'm going to win this duel! I activate the Spell Card Miracle Fusion! With this, I'll fuse The Heat and Lady Heat to Summon Elemental Hero Inferno [2300/1600]!

The two warriors in bright orange armor fused together and a large creature with orange armor and flame-shaped armor on its shoulders appeared on the field.

-It's time to end this duel!

Next Time: Time to get Voltic!

Okay best bud, I gotta be honest here.

I liked it the first few episodes, but then it just started to go a little bit downhill. I mean, I have 3 episodes only, but I haven't revealed anything about the plot yet, and I plan on doing so a bit later.

But, as you post them, I read them still, so thanks for keeping me interested.

I give you 3 and a half Dark Magicians out of 4 (little kuriboh)

-PD

Okay best bud' date=' I gotta be honest here.

I liked it the first few episodes, but then it just started to go a little bit downhill. I mean, I have 3 episodes only, but I haven't revealed anything about the plot yet, and I plan on doing so a bit later.

But, as you post them, I read them still, so thanks for keeping me interested.

I give you 3 and a half Dark Magicians out of 4 (little kuriboh)

-PD

[/quote']

I haven't revealed anything about the plot either.

Archived