Charizard or Blaziken?

Dad

Who would win in a battle between:  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Who would win in a battle between:

True' date=' Charizard has higher base speed, but in competitive play, many people give Charizard a nature that works for his power rather than speed, where many Blaziken users like to give Blaziken speed-boosting Natures and EVs. I know, it sounds like a stupid move in theory, but it's what I see all the time - Charizard being shamelessly outrun by Pokemon that SHOULD be slower.

[b']Actually, most EV spreads I've seen for Charizard are speed boosting. Nature wise most will increase Speed or attack, but never lower speed. I do agree with you that it is possible for Blaziken to out run Charizard since before I found out about EVs, my Blaziken was just a hair slower than my Charizard[/b]

As for Heatren, while it is true that Stealth Rock is active a lot, I still cannot agree with taht type match-up. Too many pokemon can use EQ for him to perform safely, and yes, while you can switch to a flyer or a levitater, that just puts you in danger from your opponent's stealth rocks, since they're just as likely to be using it as you are.

Very true, but he still makes a great counter to most Choice item holder. Also, don't forget that some of the key pokemon that can do well in standard play have 4x weaknesses as well.

Now don't get me wrong - I didn't say Blaziken was BETTER than Infernape. I'm just saying that Infernape essentially IS Blaziken, but the stat spread switched around. As you said, he's faster for one thing. And yes, he does have a better move pool.

I agree 100%. Guess I misinterpreted what you said.

I guess you've seen more skilled players than - I honestly don't understand the people I've seen with Slow Charizards. My guess is that they either screwed up EVs or didn't pay attention to nature.

And yes, Heatren makes a very good Choice Counter. I guess when weighing his pros and cons, it's all situational. Depending on the team he's up against, he could be good or bad. However, the same can be said for just about any Pokemon.

It is rather unfortunate that some of the best contenders have to have such awful weaknesses, isn't it?

True' date=' Charizard has higher base speed, but in competitive play, many people give Charizard a nature that works for his power rather than speed, where many Blaziken users like to give Blaziken speed-boosting Natures and EVs. I know, it sounds like a stupid move in theory, but it's what I see all the time - Charizard being shamelessly outrun by Pokemon that SHOULD be slower.

[b']Actually, most EV spreads I've seen for Charizard are speed boosting. Nature wise most will increase Speed or attack, but never lower speed. I do agree with you that it is possible for Blaziken to out run Charizard since before I found out about EVs, my Blaziken was just a hair slower than my Charizard[/b]

As for Heatren, while it is true that Stealth Rock is active a lot, I still cannot agree with taht type match-up. Too many pokemon can use EQ for him to perform safely, and yes, while you can switch to a flyer or a levitater, that just puts you in danger from your opponent's stealth rocks, since they're just as likely to be using it as you are.

Very true, but he still makes a great counter to most Choice item holder. Also, don't forget that some of the key pokemon that can do well in standard play have 4x weaknesses as well.

Now don't get me wrong - I didn't say Blaziken was BETTER than Infernape. I'm just saying that Infernape essentially IS Blaziken, but the stat spread switched around. As you said, he's faster for one thing. And yes, he does have a better move pool.

I agree 100%. Guess I misinterpreted what you said.

I guess you've seen more skilled players than - I honestly don't understand the people I've seen with Slow Charizards. My guess is that they either screwed up EVs or didn't pay attention to nature.

No. I use a cool site to get things like move sets and EV spreads for pokemon. Also don't forget, alot of people only play pokemon at the surface, and don't get into things like EV training or breeding again and again to get a good nature

And yes, Heatren makes a very good Choice Counter. I guess when weighing his pros and cons, it's all situational. Depending on the team he's up against, he could be good or bad. However, the same can be said for just about any Pokemon.

Agree 100%. That's just the way it works.

It is rather unfortunate that some of the best contenders have to have such awful weaknesses, isn't it?

It is, but it also keeps them from being really broken, like Salamence or Tyranitar

Wow, we got way off topic.

Back on it, I

Easy answer.

Charizard will win.

Charizard is flying-fire

Blaziken is fighting-fire

Flying has the advantage over fighting.

If Charizard knows any flying-type moves, charizard has won.

Increase his defense and speed if you are not entirely sure about your opponent's attack strength.

Also, since he is a flying type, he is not susceptible to ground-type attacks, protecting you from Fissure, Earthquake, Magnitude, and many others.

Charizard has the advantage in this match since he has the Fly ability. It will take a few turns to beat out the Blaziken, but you have the advantage by type, statistics, and abilities.

Chrizard knows Dly' date=' since it's the superior flying type move in FIRERED.

Stats:

321 ATK

264 DEF

330 SPD

200 SP DEF

221 SP ATK

Moveset is currently the same as the first page.

~Xemnas

[/quote']

I call haxx. SPD max is 328, and ATK max is 293.

@Aeon: Yes it does get boring, and yes I do go to Smogon.

Chrizard knows Dly' date=' since it's the superior flying type move in FIRERED.

Stats:

321 ATK

264 DEF

330 SPD

200 SP DEF

221 SP ATK

Moveset is currently the same as the first page.

~Xemnas

[/quote']

I call haxx. SPD max is 328, and ATK max is 293.

@Aeon: Yes it does get boring, and yes I do go to Smogon.

XD Well, it's not my original Charizard. But yes, You're right about max stats for my original. Here's O.G.'s stats

ATK 261

DEF 229

SPD 281

SP ATK 200

SP DEF 211

~Xemnas

Archived