2500 Points to the Tournament Champion!!!

Well, I've been thinking of holding a tournament here for a while, and now that everyone else is starting them, I'm makin' one.

This is a YVD ONLY tournament. If you do not have YVD, you can download it by following these simple instructions:

1. Go to www.google.com

2. Search "yvd"

3. Select the first link. It will be a link to xerocreative.

4. Download version 8.6

5. Go to www.scrollrack.com to download all the cards and pictures [pictures not required] in the game of Yu-Gi-Oh!

6. If you are having a problem dl'ing YVD, check out this link: http://erod.freeforums.org/viewtopic.php?t=91

I will be in this tournament, and if I am in the finals, and win, the person with second place will receive 1000 points as opposed to 2500. The winner, however, [if it is not me] will receive 2500 points from me.

Some of you may say that I don't have 2500 points. Good eye ladies and gentleman. I believe I am but a mere 50 or so points away, so do not fret; you will receive your points.

As the prize is so huge, yes. There will be limitations. We will be following the advanced format for the TCG; no cards past TAEV will be allowed. The following deck-types are disallowed from this tournament:

1. Perfect Circle

2. Monarch

3. CC

4. Demise OTK

5. Will add more as I see fit.

I would prefer to see some highly original decklists. A water deck here or there would be nice. And a Gemini deck would be pretty sweet to see. But you don't have to.

Here is the list of duelists and the decktypes they will be using, as well as whether or not they can host.

[H] = Can Host

[N] = Cannot Host

1. [N] krazedartist [six Samurai/Dark World/Gemini/Venom/Anti-Field/Sky Scourge]

2. [N] cyberdude [DDTurbo]

3. [N] darkguy00000 [Random]

4. [H] Azuh [Magnet Warrior]

5. [?] Necrophia [Archfiend]

6. [?] Soul Immortal [unknown]

7. [?] DerekWhale2007 [unknown]

8. [N] Sartorius [T-HeroBD/MachineBD]

9. [N] Sulker [Fire/Wind/Chaos]

10.[?] chaoserver [stratos toolbox/Burn/magical explosion]

11.[?] dojinn [Cyberdark LVL]

12.[?] Umbra [Chaos]

13.[H] static [unknown]

14.[N] d-day [unknown]

15.[?] Star*Trainer [unknown]

16.[?] aaronpoe1988 [unknown]

Once there are enough entrants, I will declare the date, time, and room of requirement [Pun intended] for which the tournament will take place.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Urgh. You can't ban DECKS, because there are so many different variations on each kind of deck. You can only ban cards. And, anyway, CC/Monarchs/PC can be sided against, so unless it's 1/1 (and I wouldn't play if it was 1/1 anyway), play 2/3 and unban everything.

If you remain adamant about this, create a custom list. If you so desperately wish to hurt those decks?

Ban:

Destiny Hero - Malicious

Destiny Hero - Disk Commander

______ the ________ Monarch

Demise, King of Armageddon (NOT Advanced Ritual Art! IT is not the problem).

Limiter Removal

Limit Card Trooper?

Anything I missed?

Ok, I'll enter with my... I dunno, I'll enter with a random deck, I suppose. I'll define it after you define your banlist in clearer detail.

Ugh darkguy we can each detect the deck type, without having particulate so much as to scrutinize and ban particular cards.

A Monarch Deck, by nature, has Monarchs and cards to assist their reaching the field. As for the other decks, paying attention to the support cards is good enough.

I'll duel with my Archfiend Deck.

Yeah, but between decks it is not black and white, there's all shades of grey, and this grey, unfortunately, is subjective in the case of decks. Comparing the views of a long-playing pro to a friendly player; and even between someone who hates netdecking and someone who doesn't mind it. What's CC to somebody is rogue stuff for someone else.

I've known a guy who thought ANY card played outside of it's theme was CC, and anything that wasn't themed shouldn't be played at all. And I know yet another guy who only calls CC an EXACT decklist that Top-8'd the very last 2 major tournaments. Same views, you think?

Grammar, where is that ban list? I don't want to see any overused Monarch Decks in the tournament.

The fact of that matter is, darkguy, that it doesn't matter what other people think or know, but that their knowledge will only help them, or their lack there of will only hinder them.

Don't be so frightened about the whole matter, you're awfully finicky. I can't tell if you're just doing it to be controversial or you actually want to use one of the particular decks. Other than that, keep it personal, caring about what other people think isn't a human's forte.

As I'd said, a Deck revolves around an designated Type, or Monster, or Card. That deck is then developed in a manner which is based almost solely around that format, although many times containing cards that are not involved. I don't mind seeing a Cyber Dragon in a Destiny Hero Deck, or a Mobius in an Archfiend Deck, but I do mind seeing these overused formats with all of their support cards. It's not rocket science to indicate, no matter what your experiences with the game consist of, the difference between playing a card, and revolving a deck around it.

Anyway, I don't know why I don't see any ban list. Monarch Decks are CC, and as long as I don't see one (which I can plainly identify) then I will be alright.

As for Hosting, I've never done YVD, so I could do with some help.

Grammar' date=' where is that ban list? I don't want to see any overused Monarch Decks in the tournament.

The fact of that matter is, darkguy, that it doesn't matter what other people think or know, but that their knowledge will only help them, or their lack there of will only hinder them.

Don't be so frightened about the whole matter, you're awfully finicky. I can't tell if you're just doing it to be controversial or you actually want to use one of the particular decks. Other than that, keep it personal, caring about what other people think isn't a human's forte.

As I'd said, a Deck revolves around an designated Type, or Monster, or Card. That deck is then developed in a manner which is based almost solely around that format, although many times containing cards that are not involved. I don't mind seeing a Cyber Dragon in a Destiny Hero Deck, or a Mobius in an Archfiend Deck, but I do mind seeing these overused formats with all of their support cards. It's not rocket science to indicate, no matter what your experiences with the game consist of, the difference between playing a card, and revolving a deck around it.

Anyway, I don't know why I don't see any ban list. Monarch Decks are CC, and as long as I don't see one (which I can plainly identify) then I will be alright.

As for Hosting, I've never done YVD, so I could do with some help.

[/quote']

Well said.

As for the hosting issue, I haven't the slightest clue on how to do so, but I expect you have everything else figured out?

ffs' date=' yvdn00bs.

http://www.hamachi.cc - for those who cannot host, [b']like myself.[/b]

I'm using T-Hero Beatdown/Machine Beatdown. I haven't decided yet.

Banning decks is stupid, banning cards sucks too. Banning stuff makes you look scared of them. So basically... no meta then? =/

Ahh... The great Sartorius finally joins. I was wondering when I'd see a post of yours here.

No meta then :)

I was this close to banning T-Hero and Machine Beatdowns... Lucky you? lol.

Archived