Alternative Fuels/Oil Drilling

Dark

Should we continue drilling?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Should we continue drilling?

• Yes, we should continue drilling off-coast or in the Mid-West.
    • No, we should not drill, use our reserves, and then find a different fuel.

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well send oil into space with a giant ass tube that leads to mars. Hopefully that gets me into shanoa's sig.

I love you.

As such' date=' I say screw Shanoa, you're getting into my sig. =D.

But we don't have space shuttles that can reach Mars yet

Currently: Laughing.

You continue to prove that you take no time to research what you say. You merely throw it out their in hopes and self-belief that you happen to be correct. Unfortunately enough, you still aren't even close.

For starters, Megaworm is being a hilarity by posting the most logically stupid ideals, and then watching you respond to such as if they're somehow right and true.

For Finishers, and I'm going to say this as obviously as I have before; we can reach Mars easily. We have reached Mars numerous times before.

So, what the hell, are you a troll, or are you just mentally warped?

=\. Come clean, man.

it's still no easy task to. And besides we still don't know what kind of an armageddon we're going to eventually deal with

With people? 50-50. With other less maintaining things? Presumably more easy.

That, and Armageddon's are not something we 'deal with'. Armageddon's are something we try to survive, something to which effects our race so widely, so uncontrollably, that individual ideals run over social and Governmental ones. As such, we don't have to pool our resources in a safe location, and even then, we don't have to use oil. The 'individual' means in an Armageddon situation implies that you gather what you need for yourself, not what you need for your society.

=\.

Either way, Armageddon still isn't on the original topic. So, back to Alt. Fuels and Oil Drilling.

My view on them is one out of simple human nature, that we mine what we need conservatively, but we mine what we want until we can mine no more.

As such, Alt. Fuels will not be explored by the majority until Oil has become less expendable than the installation and widespread usage of the Alt. Fuels themselves.

if so why aren't we fighting for every drop of it right now? In 11 short years every drop of natural oil on the Earth will be gone' date=' according to you

[/quote']

Because people don't see that as priority until less than 1% remains on earth. We don't treasure things until the had left us.

Archived