Looks like this is the new list (With Evidence)

well it doesnt say anything about Marshmallon or any of the new cards however i doubt it would seeing as they have already been released in other places and already have there resitrictions. So other then those we might see a few more limitations or even bans. I have an odd feeling Spell and Trap Reclamation are getting semi limited.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cyberdark is a miscellanious deck. Sadly they are terrible, especially with cyberdark impact! being a taev secret.

I fail to see how limiting snipe hunter and unbanning breaker helps anything when breaker kills snipe in terms of cheapness 90% of the time. Granted you can't get priority with breaker while summoning him but bleh.

Marsmallons limited to 1 in japan and needs to be limited or banned here.

It will be. We have the exact same list as japan' date=' but all those cards that are on the Jap list that we do not OFFICIALLY have released are left off the list until their official release.

Ultimajik: Those cards suck, so no.

[/quote']

Then the only thing I would like to know is if Shield crush is limited in japanese, because if it isn't, then I gotta get some skill drains and make a completely new deck. (already have one shield crush :) )

oh and making jinzo two and decree two is the most retarded thing ive ever heard. The 3-1 for decree-jinzo made more sense than banning The Forceful Sentry. Decree can be easily killed by twisters and jinzo is almsot invincible in this new format. Bah, now I need E controllers as well. *sigh* whatever, this list fails and needs to die.

Nobleman to 2, questionable.

Um... wtf? Are this lot on drugs?

WHY DG RECKONS THIS LOT ARE IDIOTS:

Confiscation: This doesn't deserve to be banned. It deserves to be limited, it wasn't broken at one, it didn't change games at one, it wasn't bad enough to warrant semi-limitation, therefore it can stay at one.

Ring of Destruction: I can admit defeat on this point: it's free face-up monster destruction + burn damage. It's a cheap card.

Snatch Steal: I don't know why this came off in the first place. This thing is a better topdeck than Breaker could ever aspire to.

Metamorphosis: From 1 to 2 to 0? I doubt that'll happen, and anyway, getting Ryu Senshi/Cyber Twin Dragon thrown at you can't be that bad. This card required skill, it doesn't generate massive card advantage on its' own, it had a fairly stringent requirement, therefore it can stay at two and maybe go to one, but banning it outright's plain idiotic.

LIMITED LIST

Magician of Faith: Ergh, if they implement the rest of this list I don't know if it would make it better or worse (on one hand, you have more things to eradicate it, on the other, you have more, and better, targets for it to hit). I think you could get away with putting it on or leaving it off, it all hinges on the rest of the list.

Breaker: I never really played a format starring Breaker prominently so I can't really say, but what with all our new chainable spell-traps, I think his effect'd be nullified somewhat. He's still MST with 1600 ATK body attached, and I don't think he's ready to come off.

D-Hero Disk Commander: Pull the other one, it's got bells on. PC's not a threat anymore.

Card Trooper: Deserves to at least not be at three due to Trooplication. A limit might be unnecessary, but definitely at least at two. Trooplication and Limiter's won too many games for it to be left alone.

Megamorph + The Transmigration Prophecy + Wall of Revealing Light: People run this enough to warrant limiting? Did I miss the tournament where these cards got broken?

Smashing Ground + Fissure: Um, no. Please? Put Jinzo at two and then take away face-up monster destruction AND Brain Control AND Snatch? We won't be able to do anything to bloody Jinzo! And outside Gadgets nobody ran three of either (or even one Fissure) anyway.

Snipe Hunter: He's definitely a dangerous card, and his potential to fuel OTK's is unhealthy. But... limitation? I'm not sure, but I won't mind watching to see how it pans out.

Brain Control: This, I think, might be regrettably necessary. Brain Control's becoming the cornerstone of too many out-of-the-blue OTK combos. Brain Control + Raiza has become an absolutely deadly play to even the most carefully guarded field positions.

Trap Dustshoot: Two is more than sufficient. Limitation's a bit extreme.

SEMI-LIMITED

D-Hero Malicious: Might as well have banned him. I don't think Malicious is broken, just hit D-Draw and Malicious falls over by his cruddy level.

Jinzo: He firiingz hiz laz0r! Omfggg!1!!eleven! It's everyone's most annoying robot with laser-beam eyesight! And now there's two of the buggers! I can genuinely see decks running two Jinzo(s?), and it scares me to death. Leave him limited.

Pot of Avarice: As chaos said, nobody would use two. Don't care, honestly.

Nobleman of Crossout: Lol, I actually believe that people would stop running things like Dekoichi if this got implemented. Barely any way to eradicate face-ups, but with Shield Crush we have all-new ways to punish setting things. Great, isn't it?

Gadgets: Is that really necessary? Honestly?

Royal Decree: What idiot decides to put both Jinzo AND Decree at two? Decree = 3, Jinzo = 1, because it's so damn easy to kill Decree. Twisters, Dust Tornado, MST, and Heavy Storm, Mobius, etc. Jinzo, on the other hand, not so easy to eradicate. Plus Decree isn't a 2400 beatstick.

UNLIMITED STUFF

D.D. Assailant: Probably their way of saying: we'll take away all face-up removal, and we'll give you this. D.D. Assailant's fine and all but it's no substitute for Smashing Ground.

DDV: I doubt you could get a hold of three to run, but I doubt you would anyway. It'd be too cluttery, it requires a specific and fairly stringent cost, and it's not always useful. It should be fine.

Good Goblin Housekeeping: Our replacement for Graceful Charity? Yeah, whatever, this is fine at three.

Protector of the Sanctuary: ... why was this limited in the first place? It has a potentially strong effect but it's not broken or gamebreaking. This can sit tight and accumulate dust at three, because outside of "creative tech" nobody will ever use this.

WHAT THEY SHOULD HAVE DONE: is merely semi-limited Scapegoat and Book of Moon, along with Dustshoot, and limited Trooper and Brain Control, plus bannage of Snatch and possibly of RoD. Possibly semi-limited Gravity Bind. That would fix up the hyper-aggressive mindset of this format, go back to slower, tempo games where it mattered how many cards you had in your hand and you couldn't flop three spells and win the game.

Ultimajik: Those cards suck' date=' so no.

[/quote']

Not in Germany. They made an incorrect wording here. Here it says:

Discard 1 card and chain this card to a Spell/Trap Card you activated. Everytime, that Spell/Trap Card is sent to the Graveyard, return it to its owner's hand.

Confiscation: This doesn't deserve to be banned. It deserves to be limited, it wasn't broken at one, it didn't change games at one, it wasn't bad enough to warrant semi-limitation, therefore it can stay at one.

The only reason they would ban it that I can think of is because Magician of Faith is taking its turn at limited.

Confiscation: This doesn't deserve to be banned. It deserves to be limited' date=' it wasn't broken at one, it didn't change games at one, it wasn't bad enough to warrant semi-limitation, therefore it can stay at one.[/quote']

The only reason they would ban it that I can think of is because Magician of Faith is taking its turn at limited.

Well, confiscation does give bit of a unfair early advantage. Whoever draws it off hand one usually wins the duel, especially at higher levels of play.

I like the list personally. I'm hoping it'll encourage some players to try new decktypes out. With less face-up monster removal more monsters are playable. With this list I'm already thinking up some ideas for Cyberdarks and Spellcasters. The Apprentince Monarch decktype may be seen as the best to go by with many, but with NoC at 2 and Shield Crush coming out at 3, Snatch gone and Brain Control at 1 it won't be so easy to pull off. I'd write a lot more about this list and why I like it, but I won't go on...

Shame about Card Trooper though. I love that little guy.

Archived