[DISC] Jet-Black Zumwald

Umbra

Used by none other than our favorite semi-villain and Dark Signer

Ushio,

Jet-Black Zumwald appears as the second ever Dark Synchro.

Jet-BlackZumwald-JP-Anime-5D.png

[spoiler=Effect]

1 non-Tuner monster - 1 Dark Tuner monster

In order to Special Summon this card, subtract the Level of a Dark Tuner monster from the Level of 1 other monster you control; the value must equal the Level of this card. This monster cannot be destroyed by battle. If this card attacks your opponent's monster with ATK higher than the ATK of this card, the ATK of that monster becomes equal to this card's ATK until the end of the Battle Phase. Send 1 card from the top of your opponent's Deck to the Graveyard for each increment of 100 points reduced by this effect.

Not even mentioning the art, this card is solid awesome. Especially vs Dark Gaia. The look on my opponent's face when their deck is milled by 48 cards would be priceless.

How could it NOT take out a monster? Unless it's up against the Wicked Avatar, their ATK will be the same, and the other monster will be the destroyed.

There's one outbalancer though, even if it is a small one: If it attacks a monster with lower ATK than it's own, there's no mill.

And the effect only works when it attacks, not when it battles. (Thank GOD for that.)

The Dark Synchros and Dark Tuners are following a pattern. Tell me you can see that.

yeah...they are all fiend types so far

NO.

The Dark Synchros all have names of a common linguistic origin' date=' and the Dark Tuners are from the same archetype.

[/quote']

Also, the name of all Dark Tuners so far start with a "C".

' pid='1247957' dateline='1224345230']

The Dark Synchros and Dark Tuners are following a pattern. Tell me you can see that.

NO.

The Dark Synchros all have names of a common linguistic origin' date=' and the Dark Tuners are from the same archetype.

[/quote']

More specifically, "Catastrophe" is their name theme.

NO.

[/quote']

and they end with a "rogue" & have this orb in the midsection

NO.

[/quote']

I fail to see where "Rogue" is written in "Catastrophe"

NO.

[/quote']

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Dark_Tuner_Catastrogue

' pid='1243511' dateline='1224262891']

Just thought of something.

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Twin_Swords_of_Flashing_Light_-_Tryce

That would definitely be banned if Zumwald came out.

OH NOES! NOT ANOTHER GUARDIAN!

They already did that to Elma...T_T

Anyways, this card, if released, MUST be changed or else it and Guardian Tryce will suffer long, slow deaths. Or quick deaths. Whichever happens to them.

NO.

[/quote']

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Dark_Tuner_Catastrogue

Weird, thought it was Catastrophe.

DMU has a new name of this card (Pitch-Black Zumvalt) wherein I think Pitch is better, but the T is worse. Also, the effect is different:

This card cannot be destroyed by battle. If this card attacks an opponent's monster with a higher ATK, subtract this card's original ATK from the opponent's monster and send 1 card from the top of your opponent's Deck to the Graveyard equal to the difference divided by 100. Then, this card's ATK becomes equal to an opponent's monster's ATK until the end of the Battle Phase.

WHY?

' pid='1261759' dateline='1224598635']

DMU has a new name of this card (Pitch-Black Zumvalt) wherein I think Pitch is better' date=' but the T is worse. Also, the effect is different:

This card cannot be destroyed by battle. If this card attacks an opponent's monster with a higher ATK, subtract this card's original ATK from the opponent's monster and send 1 card from the top of your opponent's Deck to the Graveyard equal to the difference divided by 100. Then, this card's ATK becomes equal to an opponent's monster's ATK until the end of the Battle Phase.

WHY?

[/quote']

Don't worry, they temporarily called Goyo Guardian "Order Guardian".

Looks awesome. I didn't know Ushio was a Dark Signer! You should add a spoiler warning.

That was only in episode 29' date=' and even then Ushio wasn't an "official" Dark Signer.

When was the first Dark Synchro on the show?

Episodes 27-28.

Archived