The ban list

Ring is over powerd! destroy 1 free monster and burn. they should have never taken it off the ban list in the first place.

snipe hunter is not that over powerd what so ever, sence he has so many draw backs. aka a cost and a gamble. sure the gamble is low but still its there. personaly he should be sime limited from over use but not limited

im suprised that they didnt ban snipe hunter....

and that they banned ROD

Ring and snatch came off the ban list at the same time, served 6 months, and then went back on. The same thing will happen for breaker, and allo f not good, but not utterly broken banned cards (Imperial order and del duo will remained banned forever, but BLS envoy beginning (NOT THE END) may come back for 6 months)

Well, I jsut can't wait for witch to come back, then I can take raiza from my deck xD

The ban list is there to freshen up the game. Thats why they un-ban and ban so many cards. They do it to test they waters for other cards. Personally, I liked how they stopped DDT, cause it was annoying. Also 2 jinzo's isn't that bad. Wow it's a 2400 beatstick that negates trap. There are several cards that laugh at it. Heck, I like the ban list. At least we have Breaker, and Faith, they help immensely. Maybe more continues magic decks may hit the tables.

Okay, I'm sorry, but I have to say something. Everyone's talking about this ban list like it's about individual cards, but that is not the point of banning/limiting/restricting in ANY trading card game.

The point of these kinds of lists are:

-Stop certain cards from being overpowering.

-To counteract the fact that company may have, accidently, gave a specific theme too much support.

-To force growth of players by making them have to replace cards in their decks.

-Make the company money by making us buy new cards.

Those are the reasons ALL games have these kinds of lists. Now, taking that into consideration, this list is more likely than not the second worst list in their history. The first-worst being April '05, on which Black Luster Soldier was untouched for the second time, accompanied by Tribe and Sinister. If I didn't have my Cyber Jar to get me through that horrid time, who knows what would have happened.

The most dangerous themes are Machine (due to the ridiculous OTK potential), Destiny Hero (I should not have to explain this), Advanced Ritual Art (NOT DEMISE; anyone who says Demise is the problem should be shot on sight. Unless they have never actually read the card Advanced Ritual Art, and don't have YVD. Then they need to be educated), Monarch (which was still beating people down despite it's age and the addition of Pulling the Rug), and the random burn deck you may face (solely because you aren't prepared for it). Six Samurai is bringing the Warriors back, as well. Those are the themes that should be the focus of the current banlist, as they are the things the company should be most concerned about in America.

What cards are good against these threats? Pulling the Rug, but it is only one card. Solemn Judgement can counteract most things, but it has an exeptionally steep cost that, if a player knows you will have to pay, will easily be able to take advantage of, especially with the new Counter Counter. And of course, there are quite a few flip effect monsters and weird little things of that nature that could help, or at least stop you from dying for a turn or two. Face-up removal, cards that take control of your opponent's powerhouses, stall, and faster OTK decks are the only real solutions without banlist support. So what does the company do?

Well, they did release that trap that destroys a ritual monster. I give them that; that at least would make sense if the problem was the ritual monster. But it's not the reason the deck works. The ritual monster has always been powerful. Its the fact that fulfilling his summoning requirement also fulfills the requirement of the parter special summoning monster that makes him so bad ass. Killing him will not solve the problem if your opponent is a good deck builder. (PM me if you don't quite know what I'm getting at, as I have a deck that will thoroughly explain it.)

And besides that, they did NOTHING. The stuff the banned made perfect sense, although I really just wish they would do what I have been saying from the beginning, and just remake ALL the old cards, but make them theme specific. {For example, Snatch Steal. It should be exactly the same, except with a different Picture and name, and have added to the effect "If, during your Standby Phase, there is a monster on your field, in your Graveyard, or of yours removed from play (other than the monster equipped with this card) that is not an Alien monster, destroy this card. When this card is destroyed by it's own effect, if your opponent's Life Points are less then 8000, they become 8000." That would be awesome, and enable the Brain washers to continue to use Snatch without allowing a guy with a Treeborn in his removed from play pile to snatch my Jinzo and smash my face with it. THAT is just not cool.}

Point is, the stuff they banned should have never been off the ban list in the first place, except maybe Confiscation, and the limiting of Card Trooper was positive (Machine Duplication is not my friend), but we don't need Breaker. Seriously, if you can't fit Chiron, Snipe, Ancient Gear Engineer, Swarm of Locusts, B.E.S. Tetran, Mobius, Anteatereatingant, Desert Twister, Stratos, the two Six Samurai, Cliff the Trap Remover, Gigantes, Greenkappa, the two Heralds of Light, Infernal Flame Emperor, Moisture Creature, Goldd, Reign-Beaux, Invincil, The VWXYZ Fusion monsters, or Phoenix in your deck, maybe you should just deal with the fact you only have access to the at least 17 Spell and Trap cards that do it with minor, if any, conditional requirements. Anyone who praises the return of Breaker wants to be handed their free MST on a platter. They should remake the concept, with 1700 ATK instead of 1600, same DEF, still Dark, Still Spellcaster, and give it the EXACT SAME EFFECT, except he doesn't put the counter on himself when he is summoned. Then you would only get the free MST if you were to summon a Apprentice Magician along side him, or use him in a Spell Counter Deck, WHERE HE ACTUALLY BELONGS. I'm gonna write up a card list of what they SHOULD do with the Spell Counter theme later.

Magician of Faith's effect, while relatively rare, is so because it is too good, especially on a flip effect monster. Even with only one Magician of Faith, I can imagine how I could get the effect 7 times a game (with the right stall tactics of course), and that, combined with the added searchability of apprentice and mystic tomato (searching apprentice), is just wrong.

And dropping Brain Control, Smashing, and Fissure to 1, while bringing Jinzo and Nobleman to 2? Why the heck doesn't Konami like Defense? So they strip Defensive players of all their monsters, by leaving Fiber Jar, Tsukuyomi, and Thousand Eyes Restrict banned, with Shield Crush at 3 and Nobleman at 2, combined with the slew of face-down and defensive hate already built into the effects of Sasuke Samurai, Mystic Swordsman, The Six Samurai, everything with trample, every Beast, Beast-Warrior, or Winged Beast, Drillroid and the similar warrior, Acid Trap Hole, D.D. Trap Hole, Dark World Lightning, Granmarg, Dark Mirror Force, Curse of Anubis, Gorgon's Eye, Hades, Terrorking, and all the cards that work on both face-up and face-down monsters, like Torrential, Relinquished, and nearly every destruction spell you have to discard a card to activate, and take from them the cheapest forms of face up removal?

The only reason these Defensive style decks ever stand a chance is because they have access to more removal against the offense then the offense has against them, which is good, considering offense is building up field presence, slamming them hard with Jinzo and the like, and making it very hard for a Defensive player to not be eaten alive turn 3. They used to have more stall too, but Gravity Bind, Level Limit and Swords were all cut down to size thoroughly, and Fiber Jar and Restrict, part of the stall engine, were both shot.

I mean, damn, come on! Scientist is gone. Metamorphosis is gone. Scapegoat is at one, effects that destroy face-up spell cards are at an all time high, as are ways to kill a fusion monster. Especially one with 0 ATK and no effect that protects it from the effects of Spells, Traps, or monsters. WHY IN THE HELL CAN'T WE HAVE RESTRICT BACK?

::Sigh:: It appears, from my perspective, Konami has completely dropped the ball on this one. If any of you are interested, I can give you what I think the ban list should look like, but I am not going to post that without an audience; it might not be pretty.:-{)

Tha'ts my 2 Cents for ya'll. Peace.

Archived