Do we need permission or not?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Do we need permission or not?

• No. we should not have to ask but credit the artist
    • Yes. we need permission.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I suggest this forum' date=' at least the card forums, will severely slow down, because most members cannot post their normal threads without them being deleted on sight... Which is in turn, bad for the forum, so unless we are willing to work with the DA, and be subject to their ruthless tyranny, we will become yugiohcardmaker.net, but without the yugiohcardmaker....

[/quote']

Your acting like DA is the only place to get images. Odds are you can find an image for something you are looking for some where else on the internet that isn't DA. It might not be perfect but it will have to do.

No not really, I can always make my own pics, I know how and YCM can always learn, but its just alot less time consuming to do it the easy way, and yes, when DA failed me, I always went to photobucket, but maybe random photobucket users will start hunting us down next, then we're all screwed.

izznit funny? they day we get a new president (who promises change)

our cardmaker epicly fails

isn't it a compliment if we want to use their pic on our card?

why would they say "no", anyway? how will it hurt them?

we already credit them. We're not stealing.

what about ppl who never log on?

we can't use their art since" we cant get their permission"...

but if they never log on, how will they jabroni at us for using it with credit but no permission?

edit: lol now a word censor ><

In all honesty, if it really boils down to it we can just make a new forum with less harsh rules.

"When the rule of one becomes too restricting, unjust, or loses it's original vision, it becomes the duty of the people to break away and form a more perfect union in order to protect the interests and with-holdings of the people it serves and governs"

IE New Forum(quote from me)

There is a LAW called

"Free Use"

Wherein, we may, legally now, use copyrighted work WITHOUT permission OR EVEN credit(but credit is a small homage). Look at EVERY single person on here's avatar, sig, etc. 0-1% are ENTIRELY created by the user with no use or semblance to anything real.

CAW!

(/crow)

In all honesty' date=' if it really boils down to it we can just make a new forum with less harsh rules.

"When the rule of one becomes too restricting, unjust, or loses it's original vision, it becomes the duty of the people to break away and form a more perfect union in order to protect the interests and with-holdings of the people it serves and governs"

IE New Forum(quote from me)

There is a LAW called

"Free Use"

Wherein, we may, legally now, use copyrighted work WITHOUT permission OR EVEN credit(but credit is a small homage). Look at EVERY single person on here's avatar, sig, etc. 0-1% are ENTIRELY created by the user with no use or semblance to anything real.

CAW!

(/crow)

[/quote']

Make another forum?

zomg! thats a brilliant idea, thats never been done before!

Not my only point, and it is quite an old idea, however, it should be refreshed in the minds of dissenters as an alternative to their current proceedings. The one thing I never liked about forums was the absolute power of mods. Forums are for hobbies, they keep people happy and distract them from whatever troubles them in real life (sometimes). But, as in government, the overall interest should be to keep people happy, well in my opinion at least. I do believe (completely un-biased to either side mind you) that this will spell the end of either YCM or many of its great members, and could prevent future growth as well.

Archived