Do you people want this?

BulletMan

Do we need permission or not?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Do we need permission or not?

• No. we should not have to ask but credit the artist
    • Yes. we need permission.

I'm going to start making pokemon cards again just taunt them with me use of their pics since I posted them before this rule came into effect and you can't just tell me to remove the cards.

This is more of a joke, so no one please blow this out of proption, but would this work if I did try it? Most of the pics on my pokemon cards are from DeviantART so if I did start work on them again would I have to remove the cards since I don't have their permission to use the image.

Ok, now on topic. I think this is bull. This is the intenet people WILL use your work and claim it as their own at some point. If you don't want people using your image, or anything else for that matter, don't post it on the internet (this is a bad idea since you would also want to share), or just say that you don't want the image used. Most people, my self included would respect this and look for another image for what ever card I may be making.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm going to start making pokemon cards again just taunt them with me use of their pics since I posted them before this rule came into effect and you can't just tell me to remove the cards.

This is more of a joke' date=' so no one please blow this out of proption, but would this work if I did try it? Most of the pics on my pokemon cards are from DeviantART so if I did start work on them again would I have to remove the cards since I don't have their permission to use the image.

Ok, now on topic. I think this is bull. This is the intenet people [b']WILL[/b] use your work and claim it as their own at some point. If you don't want people using your image, or anything else for that matter, don't post it on the internet (this is a bad idea since you would also want to share), or just say that you don't want the image used. Most people, my self included would respect this and look for another image for what ever card I may be making.

Just like the guy who started taxing electricity.

People have created liable copyrights over the internet, which therefore, this copyright exists on DA, therefore, it is legally, stealing, if you dont ask for permission >_>

a contract might fix this all up.

We had a contract.

That contract brought Image Credit into play.

They no likey the contract.

They come' date=' and bwing Copyright.

They say, follow this, or get in trouble.

Now you have to ask permission.

Does that dumb it down for you?

[/quote']

then,

do

you

have

any ideas? Really >.>

Like I said' date=' Bloodrun is right exept for the part were he said dumb

[/quote']

You've done that more then 7 times in the past 3 threads about this.

We get it, your for the rule, now unless you have something useful to say, stay out.

X-L

yes, I have an idea.

How about you follow the rule?

This is more of a joke' date=' so no one please blow this out of proption, but would this work if I did try it? Most of the pics on my pokemon cards are from DeviantART so if I did start work on them again would I have to remove the cards since I don't have their permission to use the image.

Ok, now on topic. I think this is bull. This is the intenet people [b']WILL[/b] use your work and claim it as their own at some point. If you don't want people using your image, or anything else for that matter, don't post it on the internet (this is a bad idea since you would also want to share), or just say that you don't want the image used. Most people, my self included would respect this and look for another image for what ever card I may be making.

People have created liable copyrights over the internet, which therefore, this copyright exists on DA, therefore, it is legally, stealing, if you dont ask for permission >_>

Sadly your right. Their is nothing we can do but follow the rule.

I don't think you answered my question though. Does this also applies to all old cards made as well?

I suggest this forum, at least the card forums, will severely slow down, because most members cannot post their normal threads without them being deleted on sight... Which is in turn, bad for the forum, so unless we are willing to work with the DA, and be subject to their ruthless tyranny, we will become yugiohcardmaker.net, but without the yugiohcardmaker....

I suggest this forum' date=' at least the card forums, will severely slow down, because most members cannot post their normal threads without them being deleted on sight... Which is in turn, bad for the forum, so unless we are willing to work with the DA, and be subject to their ruthless tyranny, we will become yugiohcardmaker.net, but without the yugiohcardmaker....

[/quote']

Your acting like DA is the only place to get images. Odds are you can find an image for something you are looking for some where else on the internet that isn't DA. It might not be perfect but it will have to do.

quote='Bloodrun' pid='1317971' dateline='1225856362']

I don't think you answered my question though. Does this also applies to all old cards made as well?

No, old threads are old. As long as members dont necro bump like...deep breathe...

No, old threads dont count, but new threads/cards do.

So this also applies for people that bring back their old thread. Good, should I choose to I could start making my pokemon cards again. Too bad I'm to lazy.

No, old threads are old. As long as members dont necro bump like...deep breathe...

No, old threads dont count, but new threads/cards do.

I suggest this forum' date=' at least the card forums, will severely slow down, because most members cannot post their normal threads without them being deleted on sight... Which is in turn, bad for the forum, so unless we are willing to work with the DA, and be subject to their ruthless tyranny, we will become yugiohcardmaker.net, but without the yugiohcardmaker....

[/quote']

Well good, now that it will slow down, the members can follow ALL the rules -.-

[/quote']

Your acting like DA is the only place to get images. Odds are you can find an image for something you are looking for some where else on the internet that isn't DA. It might not be perfect but it will have to do.

Isn't Photobucket fun?

that is hard man. without the great images of DA, the images on our cards are terrible. most people are only here to look at the sweet pics. but now because of this, we might all just quit. Without the art we begin to question the point of this. there never going to be real cards. and the fun is tookin away. IT IS THE END.

that is hard man. without the great images of DA' date=' the images on our cards are terrible. [b']most people are only here to look at the sweet pics.[/b] but now because of this, we might all just quit. Without the art we begin to question the point of this. there never going to be real cards. and the fun is tookin away. IT IS THE END.

I said I was done but....

If that's your reason for being here, here's a novel idea: why don't you go make a deviantart account and go drool over the actual hi-res art instead of the squished little thing inside a box?

that is hard man. without the great images of DA' date=' the images on our cards are terrible. most people are only here to look at the sweet pics. but now because of this, we might all just quit. Without the art we begin to question the point of this. there never going to be real cards. and the fun is tookin away. IT IS THE END.

[/quote']

How many times do I have to explain this to you. Its not the end of the world.

You can still get images from DA, you just have to ASK PERMISSION.

and Darklotus, I dont mod this area, I only mod Custom Cards.

Archived