Dragonite or Salamence?

Jericho

Which is better? Dragonite or Salamence? Dragonite has higher Special Defense. While Salamence will faint from 1 Ice Beam, Dragonite will more than likely survive the first one and die from a second. Salamence is slightly faster, but it can't learn Ice moves. They both know fire and electric moves (fire/thunder punch and crunch respectively), but Dragonite's are more powerful by 10 points.

I say Dragonite.

O god. People, learn pokemon. Salamence killed Dragonite last gen. Better Atk, SpA, and much better speed makes Salamence an all around better Pokemon.

They both know fire and electric moves (fire/thunder punch and crunch respectively)' date=' but Dragonite's are more powerful by 10 points.

[/quote']

Salamence has a higher Atk and SpA.

Dragonite's stats are considerably higher than Salamence's. Dragonite is better than Salamence. But Salamence looks cooler! =P

What?

Dragonite's: HP 91' date=' Atk 134, Def 95, SpA 100, SpD 100, Spe 80

Salamence's: HP 95, Atk 135, Def 80, SpA 110, SpD 80, Spe 100

The only thing Dragonite has higher stats in is Def and SpD, but this is forgetable because of Intimidate and Stealth Rock..

' pid='1398478' dateline='1227728150']

Dragonite. No question. Dragonite can learn the Ice Beam / Thunder combo, which is pretty good for a Dragon type. But Salamance can learn some decent moves. But still, Dragonite.

Thunder is just a bad move and the Punches are over all better because of the huge difference in the Atk and SpA stats he has. Also Salamance also has and Eletric attack.

' pid='1398566' dateline='1227729458']

Just a question' date=' Dragonite has Shed Skin, correct? That is more useful than Intimidate. And Ice Beam will not be affected by that.

[/quote']

No Inner Focus, but even if he did have Shed Skin it is really bad compared to Intimidate. BTW Inner Focus is also bad.

Dragonite.But the thing is' date='Salamence also learns Fly,which can avoid an attack.Still,Dragonite.

[/quote']

Fly is a bad move.

Dragonite doen't have shed skin' date=' only inner focus. But is still better than salamence.

[/quote']

I already said this, but I'll say it again, Inner Focus is bad.

People, do your home work before you say things. And just so people understand this, Dragonite died out in the 3rd gen and this is mostly because of Slamence being an all around better pokemon.

So Salamence has higher ATK (barely), SP ATK, and speed. Dragonite has higher DEF and SP DEF. It can take more hits from Salamence. The Intimidate ability would be irrelevant. It lowers only ATK. Last time I checked, Ice Beam uses Special Attack. So here's how I think the battle would go:

Player 1 sends out Dragonite.

Player 2 sends out Slalmence.

Salamence uses Thunder Fang.

Dragonites HP is reduced by 3/8.

Dragonite uses Ice Beam.

Salamence faints.

I didn't said Inner focus is better than intimidate' date=' i said that dragonite is best than salamence.

[/quote']

Ok. Misread what you wrote.

So Salamence has higher ATK (barely)' date=' SP ATK, and speed. Dragonite has higher DEF and SP DEF. It can take more hits from Salamence. The Intimidate ability would be irrelevant. It lowers only ATK. Last time I checked, Ice Beam uses Special Attack. So here's how I think the battle would go:

Player 1 sends out Dragonite.

Player 2 sends out Slalmence.

Salamence uses Thunder Fang.

Dragonites HP is reduced by 3/8.

Dragonite uses Ice Beam.

Salamence faints.

[/quote']

What? Learn pokemon man. Salamence would never use Thunder Fang. He would use use any Dragon attack, mainly Draco Meteor, Dragon Pulse, or Dragon Claw. All of these moves would likely OHKO Dragonite. If Stealth Rock was up it will OHKO him.

Also on the bulk of move sets that Dragonite's would have, Ice Beam is on 1. Dragon moves are better then Ice since Ice is used mainly for Dragons, but since Dragonite has STAB on Dragon moves, he doesn't need Ice.

Intimidate is very important because it helps Salamence take Physical attacks with less damage, so his Def and Dragonite's are about the same.

If Salamence was hit by Ice Beam, it would OHKO him, if Dragonite was hit by the same Ice Beam it would do about 80%-95% assuming 0 HP and DEF. This means that from their Dragonite will be KOed by most moves and if Stealth Rock was up, the Ice Beam would KO him.

Archived