ITT: We try to have an intelligent discussion on Reckless Greed

Activating them in multiple is certainly harmful' date=' right? Then, is having Reckless Greed at a number higher then one unacceptable? Or is the "skip two draw phases" enough to balance it out?[/i']

Drawin' even a gazillion cards, all the while lackin' an appeciable win condition, or even the semblance of consistency, isn't banworthy. Really.

+ GO DISK GO +

You've been using this agrument to counter the " Disk + 6 revival cards = 12 cards drawn :O" argument.

Three Reckless Greeds only take up 7.5% of a 40-card deck. 37 cards are more than enough to construct a win condition.

Hell, Pot of Greed draws you 2 cards. WHAT? +1 hand advantage? WHO CARES? I CAN'T WIN WITH AN EXTRA CARD LOLOLOL.

--------------------------------------------------

One Reckless Greed gives you an instant +1.

Two Reckless Greed gives you an instant +2.

Reckless Greeds are really special as they give you the ability to "borrow" cards from the future.

If you end the game, you don't have to return them back through skipping draw phases.

The reason it's not seeing play is because Allures and D-draws can be used the instant they're drawn, but those are restricted to DARK and D-Heros only respectively.

Reckless Greed provides a theme-less draw engine. It is only suitable for decktypes that can end game quickly once they draw their keycards so as not to have to pay for the cost of Reckless Greed.

When semi-limited, playing one is simply not worth the drawbacks, while drawing two is pretty uncommon.

When unrestricted, the two reckless greed play can be done frequently.

I'm going to say that Reckless Greed can stay unrestricted. D-Draw, Trade-in, Allures are powerful draw engines that are not going to hit the banlist simply because they're not overpowered.

Being a trap, Reckless Greed is slow. However, it provides a simple support draw engine to decktypes otherwise have a hard time drawing cards they need. While cannot compete with Tele-dad, at least it makes under-supported decktypes more playable.

i highlighted in bold where i stopped reading, i hope you were being sarcastic.

Keep on reading, that was sarcastic.

I said that because Tabris always emphasize that drawing cards is useless as it's not a win condition.

On a seond thought, that comment kind of contradict my argument, saying drawing cards easily can be banworthy...

It might've been better to say that on Tabris' disc commander discussion thread instead.... Whatever.

Hell, Pot of Greed draws you 2 cards. WHAT? +1 hand advantage? WHO CARES? I CAN'T WIN WITH AN EXTRA CARD LOLOLOL.

There's a world of difference between the two Greeds. One doesn't really have a drawback; you just activate it, draw 2 cards, then dance the cha-cha. The other cannot be activated right away, and even when you activate it, it consequently denies you of 2 Draw Phases. Squander your hand and you've just went the way of the dodo.

Furthermore, if you haven't realized, Reckless Greed's very Trap-piness is a restriction in itself. You say that those that will play Reckless are those who won't mind the lost Draw Phases because they've got the goods. Problem is, Reckless isn't a Spell, meanin' you have to Set it, wait for the opportune time to activate it - and your opponent then has a lot of time - the whole turn, in fact - to try and finish the Duel. No, sirs, Reckless isn't exactly primed for those win-condition-hungry builds.

RecklessGreedPGD-EN-R.jpg

In a metagame where drawing based cards are a dime a dozen' date='[/b'] and decks thin out at amazing speeds, where do you place Reckless Greed on the banlist?

This card is too slow to do any real damage.

Well' date=' you know me. I've always been a fan of not using this current meta in deciding a cards banlist status.[/b']

Slightly contradictory.

In a good meta, you cant draw into game enders so it doesnt cause as much damage as it should when at 3.

My bet is 3.

Archived