[TWD] Destiny Hero - Disk Commander.

Exodia is banworthy. Even Crab Helmet thinks so.

Wow!!!!! Then it must be true (detect the sarcasm)

I wouldn't ever even consider something a fact just because he said it. I am amazed that anyone would. If there is a flaw in an arguement' date=' including his (as there often are), then the arguement is false. Or if not that, then debatable, although only if an opinion.

[/quote']

Oh, there are people that would believe it just because he said it. I used to be like that.

If you didn't notice, I did provide reasoning in my post after I said that.

EDIT: As for the card, I wasn't thinking about Zombie World, Mezuki, Zombie Master, and Book of Life. Yeah, Zombie World would need to be banned too if Disk was to be unlimited.

The current Meta is a poor source for ban list arguments because face it. The current Meta is terrible.

Proof?

What defines terrible?

What would a good meta be?

How would you change the meta?

What decks would top a good meta?

What cards would top a good meta?

What would the ban list be in a good meta?

Please be prepared to answer all and more of these before making a statement as you just did.

The current Meta is a poor source for ban list arguments because face it. The current Meta is terrible.

Proof? Very one-sided dominance of a Meta.

What defines terrible? One or two Decks dominating the Meta.

What would a good meta be? A Meta where a variety of builds are viable (Stall' date=' Monarchs, Gladiator Beasts, Plants, Zombies, etc)[/b']

How would you change the meta? Recreate the Ban List.

What decks would top a good meta? Monarchs, Gladiator Beasts, Zombies, Plants are the first that come to mind. Builds which are rather unviable for major tournaments like Shonen Jump Championships.

What cards would top a good meta? None in particular.

What would the ban list be in a good meta? The banworthy cards are banned. Limit worthy cards are Limited (I'll fetch the criteria for placement on a good list and edit accordingly.

Please be prepared to answer all and more of these before making a statement as you just did.

Answered in quote.

EDIT: Here's the list of criteria that could be used to determine a card's placement on a good ban list.

PROHIBITED

Category 1) The card gives too large a reward too easily for too small a cost. Most of these cards are splashable' date=' but not all; a theme support card that lets you draw 7 cards for no real cost would be banworthy under this, despite not being splashable. Example: Raigeki.

Category 2) The card enables one or more OTK's and/or FTK's to be accomplished easily. Often, these cards are used solely for the purpose of OTK's and/or FTK's. Example: Magical Explosion.

Category 3) The card invalidates a basic mechanical part of the game by effectively preventing it from ever being used with any merit; a good game does not turn its back on its basic mechanics. Example: Nobleman of Crossout (invalidates Flips).

Category 4) Similar to number 3, the card invalidates a certain playstyle that would otherwise contribute to the game. Example: Cyber Dragon (invalidates Stall).

Category 5) The underlying idea of the card's effect is, as a matter of principle, completely unacceptable in any form. Example: Victory Dragon.

LIMITED

Category A) The card cannot remain at 3 due to one or more of the banning conditions (probably Condition 1) but provides some benefit to the game at 1 that allows it to remain. Example: Mirror Force.

Category B) The card cannot remain at 3 due to an unacceptable interaction with another copy of itself; at 1, however, it cannot interact with itself, and thus can remain legal. Example: Night Assailant.

Category C) The card cannot remain at 3 for purely mechanical reasons that make multiple copies of it impossible; however, it can remain at 1, where there are no other copies with which to conflict. Example: Twin-Headed Behemoth.

SEMI-LIMITED

Category X) The card cannot remain at 3 due to an unacceptable interaction with two other copies of itself; at 2, however, it cannot interact with two other copies of itself, and thus can remain Semi-Limited. Example: [none available']

Again, these classifications reflect the logic, and not the other way around; furthermore, each card is an individual case, so even if a card might seem to fall into a category, it might not belong in that place on the list - or even on the list at all. They're simply there to describe trends in logic, not set concrete policy. Category C is an example of this, since it was created specifically to reflect the treatment of one specific card, and applies to no other cards in the card pool; it was not decided on in advance and then used to determine the fate of Twin-Headed Behemoth.

Because each card is handled individually, it is impossible to give an accurate summary of the reasoning involved without delving into each individual card on (or not on) the list. The above categories are the best I could do to give a general idea of what the logic typically involved.

Proof? Very one-sided dominance of a Meta.

What defines terrible? One or two Decks dominating the Meta.

What would a good meta be? A Meta where a variety of builds are viable (Stall' date=' Monarchs, Gladiator Beasts, Plants, Zombies, etc)[/b']

How would you change the meta? Recreate the Ban List.

What decks would top a good meta? Monarchs, Gladiator Beasts, Zombies, Plants are the first that come to mind. Builds which are rather unviable for major tournaments like Shonen Jump Championships.

What cards would top a good meta? None in particular.

What would the ban list be in a good meta? The banworthy cards are banned. Limit worthy cards are Limited (I'll fetch the criteria for placement on a good list and edit accordingly.

Answered in quote.

Thank you very much. I do agree that this is a bad meta. I just wanted to see proper reasoning as to why. I don't much accept points of this magnitude without proper verifiable evidence. I thank you for providing that.

To Chevalier:

Dear sir, just because a particular card is not played doesn't mean it's banworthy; look, for instance, at Chimeractech Overdragon and Treeborn Frog nowadays, or Dimension Fusion before Overdragon and PTDN.

To Star:

It isn't. I've explained mine self already; care to read 'em?

To Pika:

I did, to the best of mine ability, takin' out 2 Disk when the abovequoted didn't work out. I was ultimately left with no option but to ditch ZW and Disk, for the deck was workin' better without the two chewin' up precious deck space.

Archived