[TW2D] Destiny Hero - Dogma, Destiny Hero - Plasma.

I has envisioned (and still envision) the two to be the cornerstone of a new and improved Destiny Hero archetype, the would-have-been first archetype to promote Synchro Summonin'.

Effect-wise, they're infinitely better off as Synchros.

They would be worse as Synchros. They are very good targets for Allure' date=' D-Draw and Trade-in.

[/quote']

I know, but there's somethin' very appealin' in turnin' an abysmal pit of an archetype into a succesful one.

They would be worse as Synchros. They are very good targets for Allure' date=' D-Draw and Trade-in.

[/quote']

I know, but there's somethin' very appealin' in turnin' an abysmal pit of an archetype into a succesful one.

Repeated use of apostrophes makes you sound very, very stupid.

Claiming that D-Heroes are bad doesn't help you.

[/quote']

As an archetype, D-Heroes are bad. They have no real win condition and mediocre synergy. Ask yourself why they are used exclusively in small engines and never in a dedicated D-Hero deck.

[/quote']

As an archetype, D-Heroes are bad. They have no real win condition and mediocre synergy. Ask yourself why they are used exclusively in small engines and never in a dedicated D-Hero deck.

That's still a purpose. It may not focus on them, but it still makes them good.

Of course, half of the D-Heroes are crap, and only 1/10 are good draw engines.

[/quote']

...which means that, as an archetype, they are terrible.

Well the D-Hero deck was so good they had to ban/limit the whole win condition of the deck.

No. They had to ban the central card of a Monarch deck that included two or three D-Heroes. Decks that actually used the archetype, rather than three cards from the archetype, have always been terrible.

[/quote']

Every archetype has terrible cards in it.

[/quote']

I am The Will, and I love usin' apostrophes, even to the point of perdition.

And, yes, I know I'm not helpin' mine self, but then again, I only moan and gripe and jabroni about what could have been.

[/quote']

Every archetype has terrible cards in it.

Not every archetype is so bad that it can't be used as an archetype, but must simply have parts of it used as a splashable engine.

Look at Six Samurai. Sure, it has stuff like Yariza, but decks that use it run Zanji, Irou, Yaichi, Grandmaster, Shien, Enishi, Hand, Spirit, and Double-Edged. Then look at D-Heroes. The decks that use them never run more than four cards from the theme, perhaps five if Stratos is included. The difference is that one is a strong archetype, and the other is a weak archetype with a few splashable cards.

Archived