Smashing Ground and Fissure: Discussion

I don't see Granmarg being Limited anytime soon. MAYBE Zaborg. As for these 2 Spells...

Personally, I think Smashing Ground is the better of the two. I wouldn't mind if Smashing was banned and Fissure was Semi-Limited. I wouldn't mind it if just Fissure was Semi-Limited with Smashing staying Limited. I DO see Smashing Ground being Limited or Banned, and Fissure being Limited or Semi-Limited. However, I do not either of them at 3. That was a nightmare.

I don't see Granmarg being Limited anytime soon. MAYBE Zaborg. As for these 2 Spells...

Personally' date=' I think Smashing Ground is the better of the two. I wouldn't mind if Smashing was banned and Fissure was Semi-Limited. I wouldn't mind it if just Fissure was Semi-Limited with Smashing staying Limited. I DO see Smashing Ground being Limited or Banned, and Fissure being Limited or Semi-Limited. However, I do not either of them at 3. That was a nightmare.

[/quote']

Having Chaos Sorcerer at 3 was a nightmare if you weren't using a Chaos Deck.

None of the Monarchs need to be anywhere on a good ban list. They are all balanced out because they have to all be Tribute Summoned otherwise they are merely 2400 ATK beatsticks (with the exception of Kuraz whose effect can be set off when it is both Normal or Special Summoned. The fact Kuraz can't attack is what balances it). Personally I see no problem whatsoever with Fissure and Smashing Ground at 3. The real problem lies in other banworthy cards. Monster Reborn, etc.

good cards but i really wouldnt liek to see theese cards at 3 again games woudl be soo bloody boring

Soul Taker is at 3.

Hammer Shot is at 3.

I don't see the game being boring, no one even runs them, why would they go main 3 Fissure and 3 Smashing Ground and cause the game to be "boring" if they aren't maining Soul Taker and Hammer shots which are also 1 for 1?

Also, unlike when these were unrestricted, Stardust exists now. Destruction effects are easily shut down, and spin is more preferred to counter synchros anyway. Though being non-targetting saves them from Thought Ruler and Tytannial, which is nice.

If we are talking about the current meta, DADs are basically 3 Fissures/Smashing Ground in 1 card that can destroy S/T too. These cards just cannot match the boss cards like JD or Gyzarus.

I believe that they can go to 3 per deck. Destruction effects are so common now that 1 for 1 is not overpowered at all.

Archived