Light and Darkness Dragon: Discussion

Topics are reminding me of Romancer a lot lately.

Romancer called this a monstrosity of card design and claimed that it was ridiculously overpowered, since it basically gave the opponent an instant -3, since it took two cards to take down LADD itself and a third to kill whatever it Summoned, and that an opponent unable to spend that much would autolose. He wanted it to be Limited (along with Granmarg), because he felt that anyone who survived one of these deserved to be safe for the rest of the duel.

Another really well designed card? Solemn Judgment.

It can be ridiculously game-changing, but it has such a high cost (no matter what people say aobut lollifepoints these days, half cutting your lifepoints in half is no small thing) that you truly need to have a good idea of the game and of strategy (not just your own, but your opponent's as well) to use it effectively.

Morphtronic Remocon.

It has awesome art.

It provides, probably (I've yet to playtest Morphtronics), great support for its Archetype, and it's a Tuner.

Romancer called this a monstrosity of card design and claimed that it was ridiculously overpowered' date=' since it basically gave the opponent an instant -3, since it took two cards to take down LADD itself and a third to kill whatever it Summoned, and that an opponent unable to spend that much would autolose. He wanted it to be Limited (along with Granmarg), because he felt that anyone who survived one of these deserved to be safe for the rest of the duel.

[/quote']I know this seems off topic, but who exactly is this Romancer? And LADD doesn't seem as good in this format because it's a 2 tribute card, meaning that you're wasting field advantage summoning it.

Romancer called this a monstrosity of card design and claimed that it was ridiculously overpowered' date=' since it basically gave the opponent an instant -3, since it took two cards to take down LADD itself and a third to kill whatever it Summoned, and that an opponent unable to spend that much would autolose. He wanted it to be Limited (along with Granmarg), because he felt that anyone who survived one of these deserved to be safe for the rest of the duel.

[/quote']I know this seems off topic, but who exactly is this Romancer? And LADD doesn't seem as good in this format because it's a 2 tribute card, meaning that you're wasting field advantage summoning it.

Ah, Romancer? He's from Pojo.

I'm not sure about LaDD's design. He is unique but I feel like they went a bit far with his potential. Negating 3 cards is pretty big (it's not always 3 but you know what i mean). It does require skill to play around him but he centralise the meta around being able to counter him. Plus it doesn't take to much skill to tribute 2 monsters to drop this (we have so many cards like soul exchange).

And for the well designed cards part :

MirageofNightmarePGD-EN-SR.jpg

MagicalScientistMFC-EN-C.jpg

TsukuyomiDCR-EN-R.jpg

MetamorphosisCP01-EN-SR.jpg

AdvancedRitualArtSTON-EN-C.jpg

I'm not insulting your choice at all' date=' but you do spend a tremendous amount of time on here. Just trying to see the method in the madness; that's all. I may not agree with 99% of the crap you type, but it doesn't mean I have anything against you personally. I was just being curious. I have dozens of hobbies. I have no time or money for any of them. I had 3 jobs until awhile ago. I'm job hunting again and still working. I fool around with hot chicks, and it sucks (too much effort for too little reward), so I pop on here hoping for relevent card news (good news, if only this game ever had any) and a good argument (if there is a point worth defending). Right now, I'm just trying to get by until GTAIV comes out on Tuesday (FINALLY!!! AFTER 4 FREAKING YEARS OF WAITING!!!). That should satiate me until Iron Man, Indiana Jones, and The Dark Knight come out throughout this summer. Yes, I am a total movie buff. Anime and manga buff to a lesser extent, but unlik most, I was a diehard fan before it became mainstream. I grew up with the **** as it first got released. I'm one of the space monkey pioneers that brought it to the mainstream. It was a rough start, but worth the wait.... But now, anime and manga are too repetitive and cliche, like all the hollywood jank and most tV shows. But hey, thank goodness for CSI and UFC. Now excuse me while I harass my ferret by dropping it on my cat, muwahahahaha![/quote']

What the ****? This romancer chump is an idiot.

I'm not insulting your choice at all' date=' but you do spend a tremendous amount of time on here. Just trying to see the method in the madness; that's all. I may not agree with 99% of the crap you type, but it doesn't mean I have anything against you personally. I was just being curious. I have dozens of hobbies. I have no time or money for any of them. I had 3 jobs until awhile ago. I'm job hunting again and still working. I fool around with hot chicks, and it sucks (too much effort for too little reward), so I pop on here hoping for relevent card news (good news, if only this game ever had any) and a good argument (if there is a point worth defending). Right now, I'm just trying to get by until GTAIV comes out on Tuesday (FINALLY!!! AFTER 4 FREAKING YEARS OF WAITING!!!). That should satiate me until Iron Man, Indiana Jones, and The Dark Knight come out throughout this summer. Yes, I am a total movie buff. Anime and manga buff to a lesser extent, but unlik most, I was a diehard fan before it became mainstream. I grew up with the **** as it first got released. I'm one of the space monkey pioneers that brought it to the mainstream. It was a rough start, but worth the wait.... But now, anime and manga are too repetitive and cliche, like all the hollywood jank and most tV shows. But hey, thank goodness for CSI and UFC. Now excuse me while I harass my ferret by dropping it on my cat, muwahahahaha![/quote']

What the ****? This romancer chump is an idiot.

what an idiot indeed.

I'm not sure about LaDD's design. He is unique but I feel like they went a bit far with his potential. Negating 3 cards is pretty big (it's not always 3 but you know what i mean). It does require skill to play around him but he centralise the meta around being able to counter him. Plus it doesn't take to much skill to tribute 2 monsters to drop this (we have so many cards like soul exchange).

And for the well designed cards part :

Mirage of Nightmare

Magical Scientist

Tsukuyomi

Metamorphosis

Advanced Ritual Art

The only possible purpose for this list of cards that I can think of is "here is proof that Konami sometimes but not always designs cards well", which would explain why it appears to be an arbitrary jumble of broken and well-designed cards.

Archived