[DISC] Dandylion

The key word of my statement is "boring".

I find Gem Beast decks boring. Let's Semi-Limit a couple of their cards.

Question for crab where is Torrential Tribute on a good list?

With TT at 3 swarming tokens is fine then. And for Gem Beast I say maybe, on a good list that is, for some cards like the field.

The key word of my statement is "boring".

I find Gem Beast decks boring. Let's Semi-Limit a couple of their cards.

Question for crab where is Torrential Tribute on a good list?

With TT at 3 swarming tokens is fine then. And for Gem Beast I say maybe' date=' on a good list that is, for some cards like the field.

[/quote']

What's wrong with Rainbow Ruins that makes it a problem at 3?

The "negate effect" and the "draw card effect" combined with the rest of the deck is really good. It gives them a big edge when they reach "3+" over the rest of the decks out there (on a good list). The opponent is now forced to win with his monsters only and each time he uses them to destroy your monsters it puts you in a position where you can play crystal abundance and win.

Abundance is probably another card to check for.

Fact James Neuman topped a regional with a crystal beast deck he made the morning of that regional, right in front of me in 10 minutes, without any side deck. That was when PC was teh shizzle.

The "negate effect" and the "draw card effect" combined with the rest of the deck is really good. It gives them a big edge when they reach "3+" over the rest of the decks out there (on a good list). The opponent is now forced to win with his monsters only and each time he uses them to destroy your monsters it puts you in a position where you can play crystal abundance and win.

Just to be clear' date=' the negation effect requires you to send a Crystal Beast monster [i']in a Monster Card Zone[/i] that you control to the Graveyard, not to the Spell and Trap Zones. You did know that, right?

Also, God forbid a dedicated theme deck get a little lategame draw power in exchange for a large amount of setup beforehand.

Abundance is pretty much built to OTK, since it wipes the field and then gives you a bunch of monsters. If there actually was something problematic about Gem Beasts, it would almost certainly be Abundance.

Just to be clear' date=' the negation effect requires you to send a Crystal Beast monster [i']in a Monster Card Zone[/i] that you control to the Graveyard, not to the Spell and Trap Zones. You did know that, right?

Abundance is pretty much built to OTK' date=' since it wipes the field and then gives you a bunch of monsters. If there actually was something problematic about Gem Beasts, it would almost certainly be Abundance.

[/quote']

Yes I knew that and you are probably right about abundance being the problem in this.

Anyway back to this thread being about dandy.

Archived