Heaven's Spotlight

Exiro

Many different LS is good because they fuel JD' date=' and I prefer 3 Garoths because of the speed it offers.[/quote']

3 Garoth doesn't add more speed, but rather, inconsistency. He sees enough of the field with Lumina, COTLB, and ROTA.

I run 3 copies of it because that'll make the chance that he gets milled the biggest. When he gets milled, it's easiest to open with Lumina + Garoth, or possible multiple Luminas + Garoth, which allows me to mill a great part of my deck quickly, which makes Beckoning Light effective. This deck's flaw, however, is that if I don't have Beckoning Light in my hand, this opening is useless, which is why I am thinking of Reincarnations.

Ehren isn't good' date='[/quote']

Ehren can be good, and since I have a single copy of it, I can 'toolbox' it with Charge when I do need it.

Ryko is too slow' date='[/quote']

That might not matter in some situations, and since I have a single copy of it, I can 'toolbox' it with Charge when I do need it.

and as said' date=' Garoth is best @ 2.[/quote']

Why do you think this? Is there a formula for this?

All of the above cards can be effective' date=' but I need a good reason to use them. Could you try to convince me that they're worth making place for?[/quote']

These don't sound strange' date=' and if you convince me of adding anything, I'd probably neg either of these cards.[/quote']

I shouldn't have to convince you that they're good, it's common sense.

And yet you try to.

Lyla is for added S/T Removal which LS needs.

And which I have because I run a copy of it.

Plague is amazing in LS and should normally be @ 2 with 3 Gardna but since you're running Jesus there's near no space.

I am aware of the possibilities that Carrier offers' date=' but the fact that a certain card is good doesn't per se mean that I have to use it. Also, why do you think that it should be 2 Carriers and 3 Gardnas? Is there a formula for this?

Wulf is obviously a great target for Recharge

That's because you want to get rid of it, but if you don't run it at all, it doesn't make Recharge less effective in any way because Recharge's effectiveness depends on the number of Lightlord you run, where it doesn't matter which Lightlord it is.

and can lead to massive swarming.

Which I am aware of' date=' but do not per se need.

To add, he easily fuels Lumina to summon himself or Garoth.

Any card can 'fuel' Lumina, and if that card happens to be a Lightlord, it can 'fuel' Lumina to summon himself.

I'd like to have 3 Valhallas opposing to 3 Jesus'. It's the main way to get him out early' date=' and that's when I need him the most.[/quote']

Valhalla at the 3 isn't what you need. At 2 it's fine, you shouldn't have Jesus as your only win condition, and by having Valhalla @ 3 you're stressing it.

I'm not using Jesus as a win condition, I'm using him for the exact opposite. One of my aims is to drop Jesus ( perhaps on turn 1) to lower the opponent's possibilities by disallowing Special Summons in addition to having a big monster on the field, which, as an opponent may notice, is bigger than he might think when Special Summons are not allowed. To make this happen as quickly as possible, 3 Jesus and 3 Valhallas is the most logical.

I don't get this. You suggest me to use Wulf and Zombie Carrier' date=' but also to make that engine less effective by removing CoSR. Why?[/quote']

COSR is much too slow and much too ineffective in LS.

Depends on the fact if they use many cards that work with it, which they can. I don't want to run Wulf and Carrier without CoSR because in my opinion, they aren't effective enough without it. I also don't want to run CoSR without Carrier and Wulf (or other cards that work with it) because that, in turn, wouldn't make CoSR effective enough in my opinion. This is also why I did remove CoSR from the deck.

They don't need a draw engine to be good. Trust me.

So you're suggesting that I could drop Solar Exchange as well?

I'd never add RotA before I've got the max. number of Warriors that I need in my deck' date=' because RotA can get milled too. If Charge didn't mill himself, I probably wouldn't have runned that either.[/quote']

ROTA = Instant CCV Target/Gar/Jain

I don't want Garoth in my hand, I can search Jain with Charge, and I'd rather just run more CCV Targets than using RotA just to search out the CCV Target I have. Especially in a deck that mills so much, RotA isn't effective for such a low amount of targets.

These cards have more use than you might think. If I run out of cards in my Deck' date=' which is quite possible, I can use Transmigration to force myself to draw any card I want and perhaps use it to end the game with it. It can also lead the opponent to VERY big misplays of doing absolutely nothing when he expects to win by this action.[/quote']

Prophecy isn't good enough to run, the same with Dustshoot. Threatening and Beckoning are much better.

Threatening and Beckoning serve a completely different purpose than Prophecy and Dustshoot, so this is irrelevant.

Also, I'd like to point out that my use of Prophecy, in addition to slowing the opponent down, is returning cards from my Grave to my deck when I run out of cards in my deck and therefore controlling what I draw in addition to having the possibility that my opponent makes the huge misplay of simply passing his turn when he sees that my deck has no cards.

Very likely to happen when I have a reason to use Zombie Carrier/Necro Gardna.

Or was that the reason?

CCV cripples every Top-Tier Deck. Against LS they scoop' date=' against Tele-DAD they might as well scoop unless they have a Mali in GY and E-Tele in hand, and against GBs they might as well scoop without Prisma/Besti. (Unless they ROTA Prisma.[/quote']

I am aware of what CCV offers, but then again, that doesn't mean that I have to use it per se. I am, however, probably going to try it because I run 3 Necros right now anyway, but it's important to keep in mind that the win condition doesn't have to be the same in each deck.

Good call. I tested the deck against Nate' date=' and we came to the conclusion that the deck indeed needs more protection. In fact, I'll even run 3 of them. I've just changed the deck.

[/quote']

The best count for LS is Gardna @ 3 and Plague @ 2.

Many different LS is good because they fuel JD' date=' and I prefer 3 Garoths because of the speed it offers.[/quote']

3 Garoth doesn't add more speed, but rather, inconsistency. He sees enough of the field with Lumina, COTLB, and ROTA.

I run 3 copies of it because that'll make the chance that he gets milled the biggest. When he gets milled, it's easiest to open with Lumina + Garoth, or possible multiple Luminas + Garoth, which allows me to mill a great part of my deck quickly, which makes Beckoning Light effective. This deck's flaw, however, is that if I don't have Beckoning Light in my hand, this opening is useless, which is why I am thinking of Reincarnations.

Ehren isn't good' date='[/quote']

Ehren can be good, and since I have a single copy of it, I can 'toolbox' it with Charge when I do need it.

Ryko is too slow' date='[/quote']

That might not matter in some situations, and since I have a single copy of it, I can 'toolbox' it with Charge when I do need it.

and as said' date=' Garoth is best @ 2.[/quote']

All of the above cards can be effective' date=' but I need a good reason to use them. Could you try to convince me that they're worth making place for?[/quote']

These don't sound strange' date=' and if you convince me of adding anything, I'd probably neg either of these cards.[/quote']

I shouldn't have to convince you that they're good, it's common sense.

And yet you try to.

Lyla is for added S/T Removal which LS needs.

And which I have because I run a copy of it.

Plague is amazing in LS and should normally be @ 2 with 3 Gardna but since you're running Jesus there's near no space.

I am aware of the possibilities that Carrier offers' date=' but the fact that a certain card is good doesn't per se mean that I have to use it. Also, why do you think that it should be 2 Carriers and 3 Gardnas? Is there a formula for this?

Wulf is obviously a great target for Recharge

That's because you want to get rid of it, but if you don't run it at all, it doesn't make Recharge less effective in any way because Recharge's effectiveness depends on the number of Lightlord you run, where it doesn't matter which Lightlord it is.

and can lead to massive swarming.

Which I am aware of' date=' but do not per se need.

To add, he easily fuels Lumina to summon himself or Garoth.

Any card can 'fuel' Lumina, and if that card happens to be a Lightlord, it can 'fuel' Lumina to summon himself.

I'd like to have 3 Valhallas opposing to 3 Jesus'. It's the main way to get him out early' date=' and that's when I need him the most.[/quote']

Valhalla at the 3 isn't what you need. At 2 it's fine, you shouldn't have Jesus as your only win condition, and by having Valhalla @ 3 you're stressing it.

I'm not using Jesus as a win condition, I'm using him for the exact opposite. One of my aims is to drop Jesus ( perhaps on turn 1) to lower the opponent's possibilities by disallowing Special Summons in addition to having a big monster on the field, which, as an opponent may notice, is bigger than he might think when Special Summons are not allowed. To make this happen as quickly as possible, 3 Jesus and 3 Valhallas is the most logical.

I don't get this. You suggest me to use Wulf and Zombie Carrier' date=' but also to make that engine less effective by removing CoSR. Why?[/quote']

COSR is much too slow and much too ineffective in LS.

Depends on the fact if they use many cards that work with it, which they can. I don't want to run Wulf and Carrier without CoSR because in my opinion, they aren't effective enough without it. I also don't want to run CoSR without Carrier and Wulf (or other cards that work with it) because that, in turn, wouldn't make CoSR effective enough in my opinion. This is also why I did remove CoSR from the deck.

They don't need a draw engine to be good. Trust me.

So you're suggesting that I could drop Solar Exchange as well?

I'd never add RotA before I've got the max. number of Warriors that I need in my deck' date=' because RotA can get milled too. If Charge didn't mill himself, I probably wouldn't have runned that either.[/quote']

ROTA = Instant CCV Target/Gar/Jain

I don't want Garoth in my hand, I can search Jain with Charge, and I'd rather just run more CCV Targets than using RotA just to search out the CCV Target I have. Especially in a deck that mills so much, RotA isn't effective for such a low amount of targets.

These cards have more use than you might think. If I run out of cards in my Deck' date=' which is quite possible, I can use Transmigration to force myself to draw any card I want and perhaps use it to end the game with it. It can also lead the opponent to VERY big misplays of doing absolutely nothing when he expects to win by this action.[/quote']

Prophecy isn't good enough to run, the same with Dustshoot. Threatening and Beckoning are much better.

Threatening and Beckoning serve a completely different purpose than Prophecy and Dustshoot, so this is irrelevant.

Also, I'd like to point out that my use of Prophecy, in addition to slowing the opponent down, is returning cards from my Grave to my deck when I run out of cards in my deck and therefore controlling what I draw in addition to having the possibility that my opponent makes the huge misplay of simply passing his turn when he sees that my deck has no cards.

Very likely to happen when I have a reason to use Zombie Carrier/Necro Gardna.

Or was that the reason?

CCV cripples every Top-Tier Deck. Against LS they scoop' date=' against Tele-DAD they might as well scoop unless they have a Mali in GY and E-Tele in hand, and against GBs they might as well scoop without Prisma/Besti. (Unless they ROTA Prisma.[/quote']

I am aware of what CCV offers, but then again, that doesn't mean that I have to use it per se. I am, however, probably going to try it because I run 3 Necros right now anyway, but it's important to keep in mind that the win condition doesn't have to be the same in each deck.

Good call. I tested the deck against Nate' date=' and we came to the conclusion that the deck indeed needs more protection. In fact, I'll even run 3 of them. I've just changed the deck.

[/quote']

The best count for LS is Gardna @ 3 and Plague @ 2.

how long did it tak e to type all that? well.... you didnt type it all......

anywayz, +Lyla?

Archived