The YCM Awards

Frunk

Your spamming about the council

as no-one has voted

and there is not even a garenteed place for the council...

I'm already in the council' date=' and 3/4 of the active members in the council have knows KA for a while, and (I at least) respect him, so he is almost guaranteed the spot. Oh look.

KA Flame - 2

DJ - 0

Yankee- 0

others - 0

Unless both Frunk and CD vote for the same person that Isn't Jay (which has very low odds) then Jay wins the spot.

It helps to think before you call me out, and spell checking your posts help don't take that much time to do.

You Lose.

Good Day Sir.

[/quote']

What gets me with what you said are these 2 things;

1. 'I'm already in the council, and 3/4 of the active members in the council have knows KA for a while, and (I at least) respect him, so he is almost guaranteed the spot.'

It sounds as tho your implying i did not think KA would be voted for, when i said no such thing

2. If you check the post beneath yours, Frunk voted for me and so has CD, so your

'Unless both Frunk and CD vote for the same person that Isn't Jay (which has very low odds)'

Is wrong

Not only that, but also something else you said, makes me think you really are not been professional About this

'have knows KA for a while, and (I at least) respect him, so he is almost guaranteed the spot'

^^^

That sounds to me, as though your voting for him purely because you like him and have known him for a while, Which is NOT the professional and wise thing to do.

You should be voting on who is very active, good at decision making, good at idea making, good at problem solving, and good at discussions etc etc.

NOT who you like and are friends with...

Frunk's explanation and choice was exceedingly Wise, at least he thought about his vote, he wasnt biast at all, not like yourself.

Oh and

'You Lose.

Good Day Sir.'

^^To be honest thats a rather childish thing to say...

The only thing which truely annoys me is Rather Rude ppl, such as yourself have just been.

Can you not act in a grown up manner and post nice posts?

I myself do not wish to cause an argument, nor even a heated discusion, but i shall if you continue to be rude.

I now have 2 votes.

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm afraid I must not vote KA' date=' simply for the fact that Azmania was very inactive, and we need someone who will [i']certainly[/i] rectify that. Jayden, despite being a very high poster, is not as active as he used to be, and as little is he is going to like it, I care even less, and will vote for the man with a 70+ PPD who posts on seemingly anything he can find.

Dj-Osiris.

2 things, first now KA will have a reason to be active, and he's on almost every day now. Second, "and will vote for the man with a 70+ PPD who posts on seemingly anything he can find." That's not necessarily a good thing.

My vote remains for KA Flame

Your spamming about the council

as no-one has voted

and there is not even a garenteed place for the council...

I'm already in the council' date=' and 3/4 of the active members in the council have knows KA for a while, and (I at least) respect him, so he is almost guaranteed the spot. Oh look.

KA Flame - 2

DJ - 0

Yankee- 0

others - 0

Unless both Frunk and CD vote for the same person that Isn't Jay (which has very low odds) then Jay wins the spot.

It helps to think before you call me out, and spell checking your posts help don't take that much time to do.

You Lose.

Good Day Sir.

[/quote']

What gets me with what you said are these 2 things;

1. 'I'm already in the council, and 3/4 of the active members in the council have knows KA for a while, and (I at least) respect him, so he is almost guaranteed the spot.'

It sounds as tho your implying i did not think KA would be voted for, when i said no such thing

2. If you check the post beneath yours, Frunk voted for me and so has CD, so your

'Unless both Frunk and CD vote for the same person that Isn't Jay (which has very low odds)'

Is wrong

Frunk's explanation and choice was exceedingly Wise, at least he thought about his vote, he wasnt biast at all, not like yourself.

moved a part into there.

I was wrong. I assumed Reece more Nepotistic in his reason, but I was wrong. He is a true professional.

Not only that' date=' but also something else you said, makes me think you really are not been professional About this

'have knows KA for a while, and (I at least) respect him, so he is almost guaranteed the spot'

^^^

That sounds to me, as though your voting for him purely because you like him and have known him for a while, Which is NOT the professional and wise thing to do.

You should be voting on who is very active, good at decision making, good at idea making, good at problem solving, and good at discussions etc etc.

NOT who you like and are friends with...

[/quote']

Who are you to tell me what I should vote for? Seriously, Nepotism (Not literal Nepotism, which implies blood relatives, but more so favoritism) may have affected my vote. I may vote as favorable towards a friend as I wish, and you cannot say anything about it, regardless of how unprofessional you may perceive it.

Oh and

'You Lose.

Good Day Sir.'

^^To be honest thats a rather childish thing to say...

You do not know Leo. You know not the origin of this quote. Think what you want about it, but Gist's legacy lives in that quotes, and I'm not about to have you taint that. That issue will drop NOW.

The only thing which truely annoys me is Rather Rude ppl' date=' such as yourself have just been.

Can you not act in a grown up manner and post nice posts?

I myself do not wish to cause an argument, nor even a heated discusion, but i shall if you continue to be rude.

[/quote']

I regret nothing I have said in the past. That said, I did not mean to offend you, at all. THAT SAID, no argument should come of this.

I now have 2 votes.

Three. I feel my post was taken too seriously already. And I understand that you are too active for your own good' date=' and your a good guy, so have this spot. Honestly, you and Jay are a better bet than Azamania (who to me is still a random).

I wish you good day.

Congratulations James, you are now a member of the YCM Awards Council. May it bring fruitfulness* to your YCM time.

*Seriously, No implication intended. I reread it and felt to put a disclaimer, after realizing what I said.

Tkill

theres 2 for me' date=' and 2 for KA flame

and also

Myself and Static are talking on AIM, so there wont be a Flame war, our posts may look like one was brewing ^_^

[/quote']

Make that 3 votes now lol

And Static WTF lol

Your like writing defensive points to what i said while chatting to me all happily on AIM

You have my vote for Best Debater ;)

And if there was one, Most Random person lol

Wow someone actually called me by my real name, thats rare lol

And thank you Static ^_^

Tkill

and also

Myself and Static are talking on AIM, so there wont be a Flame war, our posts may look like one was brewing ^_^

[/quote']

And Static WTF lol

Your like writing defensive points to what i said while chatting to me all happily on AIM

And thank you Static ^_^

you have my respect, Call me Eli.

Tkill

and also

[/quote']

And Static WTF lol

And thank you Static ^_^

you have my respect, Call me Eli.

i never get to call you Eli, why lol.

Right

Thanx to CD i now know the new format for the awards

I would just like to express my Opinions on some of them ^_^

The List-

(Main Awards)

-----

Favorite Male***

Favorite Female***

Favorite Moderator

Favorite Card Maker

-----

(Secondary Awards)

-----

Rising Star

Favorite Oldie

Favorite New Member*****

Most Active

Friendliest Member

-----

(Forum Kings and Queens)

-----

King/Queen of:

Realistic Cards

Pop-Culture Cards

Any Other Cards

Written Cards

Finished Cards/Sets

Card Contests

Fan-Fic

Role-Playing

Your Deck*

Yu-Gi-Oh TCG*

Graphic Design*

General* (Optional, it's currently just making up the numbers)

(Michellaneous Awards)****

-----

Best Card**

Best Avatar

Best Signature

Best Deck

Best Card Shop

Best Request Shop

Best Role-play

Best Fan-fic

Best Debater

-----

*Could be split into more awards, post opinions.

**For the three months the awards have been held, the same cards has one "Favorite Card" each time. "Best Card", though, has been a little more competitive, so to "Fav. Card" has been removed, so I would expect "Best Card" to be very competitive.

***"Favorite Member" is redunant by these two, so I'd strongly suggest we remove it.

****We should get alot of these Michellaneous awards, anyone, council or not, is allowed to suggest some.

*****I like this idea from Azmania: Too seperate those new members who may not stick around for a while, with the real "Rising Stars", as I think "Rising Star" should be the member who is making the biggest name for him/herself. Thus, "Fav. New Member" could be exclusively for members who joined up the month before (e.g. If it was in the Febuary awards, only members who joined this month (yes, January) could be elligible)

Right

Graphic Design - I personally believe it should be split into 4 main sections;

Best Image Editor

Best Avatar Maker

Best Banner Maker

Best Card Holo'er

As right now, there are many People who excell in different areas, and the only true way to let them be known and honoured is to actually give them their own personal Section to be voted in for, such as the above 4 i have stated.

Favorite New Member - Fantastic Idea, although with like 1000's of new members each month, its gonna be hard to choose lol

Best Card - Now this is a good but have some flaws. You see if a card was made a long time ago it could be seen as 'Legendary' to some, such as GBT's Infernal Dragon, Kaze's DDM or even that Jonus card.

I believe that cards after a certain time period, should not be allowed to be voted for, or cards that have won the award various amounts of times, should be excluded, to let more recent 'Best' cards be allowed in.

Most Hilarious Member - I personally believe, this should be on the awards.

The one thing i truely love about this forum is that there are so many hilarious members, that do and post utter random but hilariously funny things, and they should be honoured because of it.

Well there are no more places left on the council, as for some reason they want it an Odd number

Mainly i believe due to the fact if we need to vote on something, there will always be a winner.

And Oldmaster

When, may i ask, are you going to FINALLY finish your contest?

It ended over a month ago, and yet you still have not given the 1000 points away and chosen a winner... Personally just make Shini win and give him 1000 Points.

Otherwise you wasted everybodys time...

DJ, we discussed Graphic design earlier (the council)

My vote remains strongly in favor of keeping it one section.

Neutral on favorite member

No to favorite new, Rising star means the new guy who makes the biggest name for himself. Not the guy who has a name, and goes big time.

Best deck is fine, deck king is also fine, no to any changes on that or on TCG.

We don't need a million awards, more time to tally and such, and frankly, I need only pass in about 30 votes tops anyway.

And What Ever happened to being able to vote yourself? I think everyone should be allowed to vote themself ONCE among all rewards, but IF there is a tie, and its a tie because they voted for themself, and the other party did not, then the other party wins by default.

EXAMPLE

Best card maker Results:

DJ: 5

GK: 5 (1SV)

DJ did not vote for himself, but God Kaze did (thus, the 1sv for one SELF VOTE), would mean that DJ would win, because he has more votes from someone else. HOWEVER.

if it were like this

DJ: 5

GK: 6 (1SV)

Then GK would win, because both parties got 5 votes from others, but GK's vote to the self broke the tie.

the idea would get rid of some unimportant ties.

Archived