The YCM Awards

Frunk

And What Ever happened to being able to vote yourself? I think everyone should be allowed to vote themself ONCE among all rewards' date=' but IF there is a tie, and its a tie because they voted for themself, and the other party did not, then the other party wins by default.

EXAMPLE

Best card maker Results:

DJ: 5

GK: 5 (1SV)

DJ did not vote for himself, but God Kaze did (thus, the 1sv for one SELF VOTE), would mean that DJ would win, because he has more votes from someone else. HOWEVER.

if it were like this

DJ: 5

GK: 6 (1SV)

Then GK would win, because both parties got 5 votes from others, but GK's vote to the self broke the tie.

the idea would get rid of some unimportant ties. [/quote']

no cause if you win by one vote and that was because you voted for yourself then it doesnt mean you deserve it and many noobs would go and vote for themselves and even some professionals would do that so it would be fair.

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am sorry for making this post.

A time ago' date=' when I was the lucky man posting the YCM Awards, I sollicitated for a spot in the YCM Counsil by Tkill, has anything of it come through?

[/quote']

I do indeed remember adding you, I must've made a mistake in editing and forgot about it :s

I'm afraid I must not vote KA' date=' simply for the fact that Azmania was very inactive, and we need someone who will [i']certainly[/i] rectify that. Jayden, despite being a very high poster, is not as active as he used to be, and as little is he is going to like it, I care even less, and will vote for the man with a 70+ PPD who posts on seemingly anything he can find.

Dj-Osiris.

2 things, first now KA will have a reason to be active, and he's on almost every day now. Second, "and will vote for the man with a 70+ PPD who posts on seemingly anything he can find." That's not necessarily a good thing.

My vote remains for KA Flame

In terms of requiring an active council member, it is.

I was wrong. I assumed Reece more Nepotistic in his reason' date=' but I was wrong. He is a true professional.[/quote']

Thank you Eli, I think not about KA, but the importance of a sturdy council.

On to Dj's suggestions:

Right

Further explanation of the placement of this word directly after the completion of the list of my new awards format is required. Fear not, for here are my opinions:

Graphic Design redo's: I am neutral, Graphic Design concerns me not.

Favorite New Member: I would expect that one should at least need to think about every award, not just this one. :wink:

Best Card: My nomination of Jonus was, apart from the card's massive impact on the early forum (very difficult to explain, so simply use search for "Jonus"), it was a test to see if that, the card that influenced me to create my Worst Card production, could be named (since the real "best cards" were being nominated for "favorite card") the "Best" card on the forum, which it did, reinforcing my claim to scrap that award, and leave us with favourite card, which, after the patterning of the mischellaneous awards all preceding with "Best", I renamed favourite card, "Best Card", so to speak. Having said that, rather than scrapping to King of Graphic Deisgn award, your seperate categories could indeed become Misc. awards. If you agree, consider my vote for that a yes. Anyway, back to this, I disagree, the best card of the forum does not age, and if a creation has yet been made that succeeds that cards "Bestness", it should not be succeeded and therfore excluded, so this is a no.

Most Hilarious Member - I have been told by many a member that I am hilarious, but the temptation of this award being possibly claimed by myself will not sway my opinion that these have and always should be a formal awards, and I personally consider such an award informal, and therfore will vote no.

as for some reason they want it an Odd number

Is it just me, or are you not on the council afterall? Do not say "they" when you refer to something you are:

"The council currently wants no more than five, I though don't think more than 5 would be a problem"

Or something similar to that. Also, we have 5 to stop what is called a "Tie" when we are voting. As you will notice, 5 does not divid by two evenly, so therfore at least three people will have an opinion one way, thus ties are less frequent. I read up however and it seems OldMaster has been let in. I know not why this has been done without the full concent of all the council, but I suppose it matters not.

I have not checked the first post yet, but I am not "On leave", I am just less active. Meaning I'll go from 40 odd posts a day to about half a dozen important ones. The council would easily take one of those posts. So Cyber I disrgard your comment as attempted, yet failed humour as I remind you that no one can leave the council without there permission without being rightfully expelled, and so far I believe I have not been banned or done anything else to jepordise proceedings so I will remain.

I am not posting this in hostility, though, I just have alot to say for 1 of my 6 posts. I see that Cyber has already pointed out that the awards are up, I will vote no for stickying them (stickying takes attention away), and here is the link: http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/showthread.php?tid=24846

Thanks,

Frunk out.

Due to the Cybernetic Dragon who did not think before posting 1 word that has him now banned for two days, YCM Awards policy has seen him expelled from the council, as always, effective immediately. With an awards ceremony currently running, it is impetuous that we find a replacement as soon as possible.

If you would like to join the council, reply here.

Archived