Yu-Gi-Oh! Strike of the Heavens (PG-13) - Chapter 19 up!!

Most of you know me as Devil's Advocate, and I'm notorious around the RC section, but I've decided to turn my interests to writing fan-fics. Just a little bit about myself:

--- I've been writing stories my entire life, but they usually don't get novelized.

--- This is my first attempt at a Fan-Fic.

--- My interests in books are usually non-fiction (like Dickens, i.e.)

--- I write with lots of allusions (references to another place, idea, or person that is symbolic in some way).

I'm only up through Chapter 10 so far, but the chapters are A LOT longer than what most people are accustomed to, so I might break the chapter up into two parts, if necessary (some chapters are about 10 pages long, so I'll break it up into two, maybe three seperate sections).

[spoiler='The Plot....']Yugioh, Strike of the Heavens revolves around the cards that I made in the delightful RC forum (a link here: [url="http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/256680-strike-of-the-heavens/"]http://forum.yugiohc...of-the-heavens/[/url]) and that I've also incorporated into my story. NOTE: Some of the effects presented in the story may not be along the same lines as the ones that are posted in the forum. The story takes place nine years after the events of 5D's. The first few chapters introduce the first of few characters, like Ayame, a schoolgirl in New Domino Academy forges her talents as a Duelist , Michiko, Ayame's "wingman" in essence, Kimiko, a dark duelist who uses wicked powers to destroy and hurt other people, and Ressen, who is the superstar duelist in New Domino City. A full character biography will probably be posted within the following weeks. Soon, all four of these characters will play a role that threatens their very existence, as a legendary prophecy tells of three "Hero" cards that can control the fate of both Heaven and Hell. [/spoiler]

Well, I wouldn't want to keep anyone waiting. If I receive two comments from two different readers, I'll post the next chapter. Sound good? Also, you'll get a rep for every reference you spot in the Chapter. Before the Chapter starts, I will have a list of how many references that are in the chapter. These references might be about a card, what the detail of the card is, or how a character's Deck represents their personality.

And here it is: Yugioh, Strike of the Heavens!!

[spoiler='Chapter 1 ']CHAPTER 1 – The Duelist with Speed

It was the first time in a long time that someone had stepped up to the plate. It was the first time that someone had actually tried challenging the master of dueling. Moreover, it would all end up the same way: their Duel Runners crashed and banged up, with pieces scattered all over the track. Gone from his absence for a long time, the current champion of New Domino City ran the swiftest, fiercest Deck out there. It was no wonder some called him the next “Rising Star”.

His duels were broadcast all over television; in fact, almost every major news network in the world had to cover the story of the great Duelist of our time. He had seen victory flashing before his eyes, and he would take on any foe that stood in his way. There was only one thing that mattered to him, and it was the thrill of the Duel. Being able to ride along with the wind while seeing the most fearsome beasts in the Duel Monsters universe is all he ever cared for. Tonight, someone else was stepping up to the plate. This pathetic, sad excuse for a Duelist thinks he can outrun and out-power the world’s greatest Duelist? There was a slim chance of that ever happening. He would crush this pathetic Duelist into the dirt, and then move on to the next Duel, and repeat the cycle.

In the garage, he began tuning his Duel Runner. His prized possession, the machine-love of his life, was this Duel Runner that he custom built in the Satellite. It was tough back in the Satellite, so he needed every possible card in order to keep himself alive, both in the real world and in the world of Duel Monsters. He tightened the chassis; he oiled up the engine; he took his runner to the dyno. He cared about his Duel Runner almost as much as he cared about the thrill of the Duel. The two ideals were in harmony.

It was almost time. He started pushing his Duel Runner out of the garage.

She looked over at her clock in the corner of her room. It said 21:29, but she simply just chuckled to herself. She was accustomed to staying up this late. After all, it wasn’t every day that you get to see the world’s greatest duelist on television. This was to be a special night, in which everyone will remember. She grabbed her cup of coffee that sat in the corner of her desk. Her cards were neatly organized into piles of Monsters, Spells, Traps, and Synchro Monsters. She looked at her ace card. It was a rare copy of “XX-Saber Gottoms”. She had won this card back when she lived in the Satellite, and she had kept it ever since. It was a perfect fit to her Deck.
She was recognized at New Domino Duel Academy as being the greatest Duelist of her class. She received A+ Status every time, and her Deck was compiled of the most powerful and greatest combination of Monsters, Spells, Traps, and Synchro Monsters that guaranteed her victory every time.

“Hmm…Charge of the Light Brigade…” She then flipped over the top three cards of her Deck. They were “Bottomless Trap Hole”, “X-Saber Darksoul”, and “Wulf, Lightsworn Beast”.

“And then there is that effect…” She moved the “Wulf, Lightsworn Beast” to her imaginary Monster Card Zone. She often would go over card combinations in her head to see how they would all play out. She was famous around the school for her most favorite card combination, which combined the might of the heavens and the might of the earth. She called it [url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Light_End_Dragon"]Light End Dragon[/url].

She looked over at her television. She had it muted this whole time, because she couldn’t afford distractions right now. Now that the Duel was about to get under way, she couldn’t miss this opportunity.

“Duelists, young and old, professional and amateur alike, it’s the moment you’ve been waiting for,” the MC said. “We’ve been anticipating this Duel ever since the two built a huge rivalry against one another that lasted for four years. Now, it’s finally time to settle this the old-fashioned way! As we all know, this Dueling Arena is built specifically for Turbo Duels, and there is no better way to settle it than here on the track! Introducing, the Grand Terror of New Domino City, the definition of callous, the scathing skeether, I give you, Ramsey Mars!”

There was a cascade of boos and jeers that followed from the crowd. From the Pit Stop Area appeared a Duel Runner painted with blue and turquoise pearlescent paint. There was a single white stripe going across the body of the Duel Runner. The Duelist, Ramsey, was dressed in a white body suit. He circled around the arena, waving to the crowd as he went by. However, the crowd’s reaction did not change, not even in the least bit. The girl watching the television set simply shrugged and returned to her card organizing.

“And now, the moment we’ve all been waiting for! The Grand Champion is about to announce his comeback. I give you, the master of speed, agility, and a Deck with a power-packed punch proven to put any pal in his place.” The announcer started following an alliteration pattern. “Here he is, Ressen Ikeda!”

Instantly, the crowd exploded with cheers and “woo-hoops”, with occasional whistling and grunting noises coming from the audience. From out of the Pit Stop Area came a rider with green hair that stretched all the way to his shoulders, a teal body suit, and, unbelievably, no helmet. His Duel Runner was blue and silver, but when the moon’s light reflected on the Duel Runner’s paint, it seemed to turn dark purple. He made one lap around the track before he came to the starting position.

“Now, kiddies, I know that we are all excited, but there are a couple of ground rules that we need to cover. First off, in a Turbo Duel, you are not, I repeat, you are NOT allowed to use any Spells other than Speed Spells. Well, you technically don’t have to follow this rule, but if you don’t, let’s just say it might sting you a little bit. Second, the first person to make the first corner gets to go first. This is a race for speed and power, as well as prestige. Well, I think that’s all I want to cover. Everyone, start your engines!”

Ressen pulled up to his foe and looked him dead in the eye. “You’re going down! It’s time to settle things!”

“I couldn’t agree with you more,” Ramsey said. “I activate the Field Spell “Speed World 2”!”

The girl watching the television had just pulled out another one of her favorite cards, “Light End Dragon”. A fortuneteller had given this particularly powerful card her. The fortuneteller said that if she kept this card, then it‘d ward off bad spirits. She didn’t believe such things, though.

“And they’re off,” the MC said. “This looks to be a promising Duel!”

The girl watched in awe, staring at her television set.

Ressen pushed his Duel Runner to the very max. He had tried to pass Ramsey, but he could tell that he also had upped his game within the last several years. It was a close neck-and-neck confrontation all the way to the first turn, but ultimately, Ramsey had the final say, as he accelerated out of the corner and into first place. Both Duelists immediately drew their five card opening hand.

“That was a big mistake, Ramsey. You should have let me go first.”

“Ha! No way, Ressen. Those that fall behind are the ones who think the slowest! It’s my draw!”

[b]Ressen LP: 4000[/b]
[b]Ramsey LP: 4000[/b]

Ramsey drew his sixth card.

[b]Ramsey Card Count: 6[/b]

“I Normal Summon [url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Dance_Princess_of_the_Ice_Barrier"]Dance Princess of the Ice Barrier[/url] And then I’ll end my turn.”

“That’s all? You’re making this too easy for me!” Ressen said arrogantly.

[b]Ressen Card Count: 6, SPC: 1[/b]
[b]Ramsey Card Count: 5, SPC: 1[/b]

“I activate the effect of [url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/The_Fabled_Chawa"]The Fabled Chawa[/url] from my hand. By discarding 1 “Fabled” monster from my hand, I’m allowed to Special Summon him. Come out, my pet!

"In addition, since [url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/The_Fabled_Ganashia"]The Fabled Ganashia[/url] was discarded to the Graveyard by a card effect, I’m allowed to Special Summon him as well! Now I tune Level 1 “The Fabled Chawa” with Level 3 “The Fabled Ganashia” in order to Synchro Summon [url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/The_Fabled_Unicore"]The Fabled Unicore[/url]!

"But it gets better. See, I haven’t even Normal Summoned yet, which is what I am going to do now! Come out, [url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Fabled_Raven"]Fabled Raven[/url]! My Raven has quite the ability. See, by sending a number of cards from my hand to the Graveyard, “Fabled Raven” gets 400 extra ATK and 1 extra level for every card I send. So I send [url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Sillva%2C_Warlord_of_Dark_World"]Sillva, Warlord of Dark World[/url] from my hand to the Graveyard in order to boost Raven’s ATK and level! And since “Sillva, Warlord of Dark World” was sent to the Graveyard via card effect, she is Special Summoned to my field!

"Now I’ll tune again, with the Level 3 “Fabled Raven” and Level 5 “Sillva, Warlord of Dark World”. Watch as the mighty struggle between lightness and darkness descends onto the battlefield, as these monsters struggle for sovereignty over the Dark World! Synchro Summon, Second Crown, [url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Fabled_Valkyrus"] Fabled Valkyrus[/url]!"

And that was all in one turn. The girl looked on in amazement as she struggled to contemplate the move that Ressen had just made. What was that that he Synchro Summoned just now?

“I’m not done yet, though! I activate the effect of “Fabled Valkyrus”, which allows me to ditch 1 Fiend-Type monster in my hand, and in return, I draw another card. Since I just discarded [url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Beiige%2C_Vanguard_of_Dark_World"]Beiige, Vanguard of the Dark World[/url], he is Special Summoned to my field. Now, I’ll attack. “The Fabled Unicore”, attack his Dance Princess.”

[b]Ramsey LP: 3300[/b]

“And now, my “Fabled Valkyrus” and “Beiige, Vanguard of the Dark World” can move in for a direct attack. Go, Valkyrus, “Dark Crashing Wave”!”

[b]Ramsey LP: 0[/b]

And just like that, it was over. The duel ended in just two turns.

“Wow-how-how! That was absolutely unbelievable,” the MC started ranting. “It was over in the blink of an eye! I’ve never seen fast quite that fast before! Ressen really has sharpened up his skills a lot during his time off! I wonder who will be next!”

The girl looked at her cards again. She ever wondered if she would ever be like Ressen. It was unbelievable that he could end the match so swiftly. She was sure shocked at this spectacle.

“Hey, Ayame, I’m coming in!”

“Okay,” the girl said. She counted her cards. There from the doorway stood a girl wearing a red outfit: red dress shirt with red pleated skirt. She had blonde hair that was tied and held by a ribbon in the back. She had on her most expensive jewelry, which consisted of her necklace, held together by beads, her ring, and her wristwatch, which was an hour late on the time. She appeared slightly tanner than usual; in fact, it almost looked like she was burnt from the sun. She instantly knew who it was. It was Michiko, and the two were practically family ever since they came to New Domino Duel Academy. But now, it will be their last year that they will ever spend together, so they almost wanted to do everything together. That is, for some things…

“Did you go tanning again? It’s fifty degrees out,” the girl sorting her cards said. She grimaced as Michiko slouched on the bunk bed. “That was very ill-mannered of you.”

“Hey, would you relax,” Michiko said. “I told you that I would be back before the duel started, Ayame. I didn’t want to–”

“It’s already over,” Ayame interjected.

“What? You’re kidding!” Michiko then looked at the television set. Ressen appeared on screen with the MC and a newscaster, who had been interviewing him. He suddenly took the microphone from the MC.

“Listen up, everyone! If you want a challenge, or simply want to get your Duel Runner banged up, you know where to find me! I rule these streets, and if anyone tries to mess with my throne, I will guarantee that I will royally be all over you!” He then walked off towards his Duel Runner and made a victory lap.
“Wow…that Ressen guy sure is something, huh?” Michiko asked herself.

“Sure is.”

“Hey, don’t get discouraged. I know you’re gonna rule the streets one of these days.” Michiko put an arm around her friend’s shoulder. “I just know it. You have the Duel Runner and the Deck; all that is stopping you is this building! Once you’re outta here, freedom is yours!”

Freedom. The thought excited Ayame…but this was her home. There was no way she could let home go so easily, not to mention her best friend. She had been here for the past four years, and the ties and friendships that she created while she was here would last for an eternity. She couldn’t just throw it away now. Ayame shuffled her Deck.

“Hey, wanna have a Duel real quick?” Michiko asked.

“Ha! You know, sometimes, I prefer a challenge.” Ayame answered. She pulled out her “XX-Saber Hyunlei”. Then she moved her “XX-Saber Pashuul” and “X-Saber Anu Piranha” from the “field” to the “Graveyard”. It was obviously clear that she has going over card combos. “But sure, why not?”

“I think you’ll find that my Deck is not the same as last time. I’m gonna whoop you good this time!” Michiko said, full of herself. Ayame sighed; it was impossible to change this girl’s traits.

“You’re on!” Ayame said.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Theme Music for this Chapter'][url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3Q2VGBrICM"]http://www.youtube.c...h?v=T3Q2VGBrICM[/url][/spoiler]

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A fanfic that actually uses REAL CARDS and incorporates them REALISTICALLY?!?! BLASPHEMY!

j/k but good job on the duel. Although some people might think that the plot is the driving force behind the story, I think the duels are an important component. Otherwise, they might just be dropped entirely for the sake of realistic plot devices and storytelling since children's card games aren't exactly used to make decisions in the real world. I thoroughly enjoyed chapter 1, and I'll post a more thorough review later. Good luck on getting reviews and with your fanfic.

[quote name='AsianGuy1137' timestamp='1311810110' post='5393262']
A fanfic that actually uses REAL CARDS and incorporates them REALISTICALLY?!?! BLASPHEMY!

j/k but good job on the duel. Although some people might think that the plot is the driving force behind the story, I think the duels are an important component. Otherwise, they might just be dropped entirely for the sake of realistic plot devices and storytelling since children's card games aren't exactly used to make decisions in the real world. I thoroughly enjoyed chapter 1, and I'll post a more thorough review later. Good luck on getting reviews and with your fanfic.
[/quote]

Unfortunately, there will be the use of "fake cards" with will still be incorporated realistcally, however. And honest review is honest. Duels are important, but so is the plot, and usually I find YGO fan-fics that are made up of 50% plot, 50% dueling, so that was the goal that I was setting myself for. Of course, every YGO anime that ever existed (except for ZEXAL) opens with a great duel, so why not incorporate that into a fan-fic?

1 more reader/comment, then I post Chapter 2.

Well since I'm that bored this is the first fan-fic I've read fully and it was pretty good.

It would help for me if you could posts the bio's with pics of the people and if its possible maybe post the other chapters the same length as the 1st.

Other than that its looking good and as long as you keep posting/making these I'll keep reading. :D

[quote name='Alexis Rhodes' timestamp='1311972473' post='5399172']
Well since I'm that bored this is the first fan-fic I've read fully and it was pretty good.

It would help for me if you could posts the bio's with pics of the people and if its possible maybe post the other chapters the same length as the 1st.

Other than that its looking good and as long as you keep posting/making these I'll keep reading. :D
[/quote]

Sweet! That officially makes it the second reader/comment. And, since you asked so nicely, I'll put a bio sheet for all the characters introduced so far. Obviously, many more characters still on the way, but we'll get them as we go along.

Also, I think I might just end up not doing the reference thing, and still give +1 rep to extensive reviews. No one has gotten them so far and I don't really feel like messing with people's heads in order to try to get a good review, but, as stated, I do write with lots of references.

Thx for feedback, Alexis.

UPDATE: Chapter 2 is officially here. This is the first non-dueling chapter (there aren't many) that readers will see.

And also, since Alexis asked for character bios/pics, I shall post them (pics might be a bit of an issue, I will try to see if Photobucket is working)

[spoiler='Character Bios'][spoiler='Major Characters'][spoiler='Ayame Suzuki'][img]http://i1119.photobucket.com/albums/k640/akasudds/AyameSuzuki.jpg[/img]
[b]Name[/b]: Ayame Suzuki
[b]Age[/b]: 18
[b]Bio[/b]: Ayame is always the center of attention. She is energetic, outgoing, and is never afraid to turn down a good challenge. She is the top of her class at New Domino Duel Academy, boasting one of the most well-constructed Decks that any of her peers have ever seen. Sometimes, however, she tends to show off, creating bouts of arrogance and ignorance. Deep inside, she strives to become a Turbo Duelist of her own name, and to rule the streets with the most powerful deck ever constructed.
[b]Deck[/b]: Ayame's engine runs on the combined milling power of "Lightsworn" monsters and the tuning power of "X-Saber" monsters. Both monsters are in tandem with Graveyard support, so Ayame incorporates cards built for Graveyard scenarios. Throughout the fan-fic, she changes her deck to accommodate "Quick Synchros" by utilizing the power of "Synchron" monsters.
[b]Play Style: [/b]Ayame's one major flaw within her strategy is that she often burns out her entire hand when she is being pressured. Otherwise, she is careful but quick analyzer.[/spoiler]
[spoiler='Michiko Hayashi'][img]http://i1119.photobucket.com/albums/k640/akasudds/MichikoHayashi.jpg[/img]
[b]Name[/b]: Michiko Hayashi
[b]Age[/b]: 18
[b]Bio[/b]: Michiko is shy, and she always has a knack for getting herself into trouble in the most unpleasant situations. She prefers not to Duel, but when push comes to shove, she is not afraid to duel for the sake of her friends or loved ones. She is Ayame's closest friend, and Michiko continually tags along with Ayame, regardless of how she feels.
[b]Deck[/b]: Michiko has built a haphazrdous deck, combined with Frogs, Monarchs, and Ice Barrier monsters. Her engine relies on getting Treeborn Frog and Fishborg Blaster into the Graveyard as soon as possible to initiate Graveyard combos. She uses the "Dragons of the Ice Barrier" cards for her main Synchro engine, and also runs three "Formula Synchrons" to use for advanced tuning.
[b]Play Style: [/b]Michiko's Dueling Style involves her rapidly adapting to any situation she sees fit. One minute, she'll burn out her entire hand, but then the next, she will play defense for the sole purpose of befuddling her opponents.[/spoiler]
[spoiler='Ressen Ikeda'][img]http://i1119.photobucket.com/albums/k640/akasudds/RessenIkeda.jpg[/img]
[b]Name[/b]: Ressen Ikeda
[b]Age[/b]: 27
[b]Bio[/b]: Ressen Ikeda is the superstar duelist of today's fast-paced world of Turbo Dueling. He has a current record of three-hundred wins and three losses. Even though on the surface he appears as a harsh and rude character, deep down inside, there is a fire that drives him to do good things, all for the sake of helping others. His inspiration is the legendary Turbo Duelist, Yusei Fudo, and strives to be like him in every way.
[b]Deck[/b]: Ressen's Deck is composed of the discarding power of the "Fabled" monsters, along with the brute force of "Dark World" monsters. His engine revolves around his Synchro Monster, "Fabled Leviathan", and getting it out on the field as soon as possible. In his Turbo Duels, he relies more on traps than his Ground Deck, replacing some cards with more recognizable staples.
[b]Play Style: [/b]Similarly like Ayame, Ressen tends to focus on discarding his entire hand so he can use the effects of his monster to his full potential. He is calm and loves to think, but also throws a bit of trash talk here and there to make the duel a bit more lively.[/spoiler]
[spoiler='Kimiko Nakimura'][img]http://i1119.photobucket.com/albums/k640/akasudds/KimikoNakimura.jpg[/img]
[b]Name[/b]: Kimiko Nakimura
[b]Age[/b]: 17
[b]Bio[/b]: Kimiko Nakimura is a duelist who is feared around New Domino Duel Academy as being "the Witch", for being able to bring her cards to life. This visage is comparable to Akiza Izinski, as Kimiko too is alone and misunderstood. She tends to drift away from people more and more as the months and years roll by, to what seems like without an end.
[b]Deck[/b]: Kimiko's Deck revolves around her Ace Card, "Splendid Rose". She implores strategies to get her favorite tuner, "Glow-Up Bulb" into the Graveyard in order to Synchro Summon when deemed appropriate, while using "Naturia" monsters to lockdown and decimate her opponent's strategies, or build up a defensive wall with her monsters. Her monsters seem to revolve around the concept of 'lost beauty'.
[b]Play Style: [/b]Kimiko is straightforward and doesn't let anything bother her. Once she has made up her mind about a specific strategy in her head, she will go through with it unless it is cut short.[/spoiler]
[spoiler='Phoenix'][img]http://i1119.photobucket.com/albums/k640/akasudds/Phoenix.jpg[/img]
[b]Name[/b]: Phoenix
[b]Age[/b]: 29
[b]Bio[/b]: Phoenix and Ressen Ikeda have always shared a common bond as Duelists. When they used to live in the satellite, the two had their own brand of trouble that they would dish out to other "would-be" duelists. Phoenix has some of the same ideals as some of his peers, giving him his shy and sometimes harsh personality. He feels that his actions sometimes place others in jeopardy, and has an issue of blaming himself for wrongings that immediately surround him.
[b]Deck[/b]: Phoenix's deck combines the Graveyard and RFG power of "Laval" monsters and "Elemental Heroes". His Ace Card is "Dragon Knight Draco-Equiste", which he likes to use by combining the "Laval" Dragons with his "Elemental Hero Nova Master". Although he claims that his deck is strong, he always has a hesitation when he is dueling. It is possibly perhaps he thinks that he is not very good, and, in turn, messes up his concentration.
[b]Play Style: [/b]Phoenix is careless, usually not thinking about what strategy that his opponent is planning. He tends to focus solely on the effects of his monsters and how they could be used to beneftit him while they are on the field.[/spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler='Minor Characters'][spoiler='Darian']
[b]Name: [/b]Darian
[b]Age: [/b]28
[b]Bio: [/b]Nearly a decade ago, Darian had come up with a plan to get Phoenix and Ressen out of the Satellite, but it ended up being a failure. When Ressen finally left the Satellite, Darian explained to him that he still had "unfinished business" to do. Darian is still reluctant to share what exactly that "unfinished business" was, even ten years after the trio had left the Satellite.
[b]Deck: [/b]While Darian was spending his time in the Satellite, he started constructing a Deck which revolved around his two best friend's Decks. He combined the discarding power of "Fabled" monsters, which Ressen had, and the brute force power of the "Laval" monsters that Phoenix possessed. Darian then called it "Fabledvals". Though Darian does not Duel frequently, it is possible he still uses that Deck. [/spoiler]

[spoiler='Tori Kinjawa']
[img]http://i1119.photobucket.com/albums/k640/akasudds/ToriKinjawa.jpg[/img]
[b]Name: [/b]Tori Kinjawa
[b]Age: [/b]22
[b]Bio: [/b]Tori Kinjawa is the co-captain of Team Black Rain in the Future Worlds Championship. Sometimes, she likes to take things too far with her position, but her captain, Yuma Ishiko, doesn't really mind. Tori Duels to receive money for her sick family that reside in the Satellite, and seeks to help them in any way she can.
[b]Deck: [/b]Tori uses a Fire Attribute Deck, fully customized with support monsters. She combines the "Flamvell" Archetype with other support monsters like "Horus the Black Flame Dragon" and "Lava Golem". She adapts to every playing style, ranging from dealing with backrow destruction to manipulating the field with her Flamvell Monsters. [/spoiler]

[spoiler='Asuka Yoshida']
[img]http://i1119.photobucket.com/albums/k640/akasudds/AsukaYoshida.jpg[/img]
[b]Name: [/b]Asuka Yoshida
[b]Age: [/b]20
[b]Bio: [/b]Asuka Yoshida was a troubled child growing up, and she was always getting into trouble with her two brothers and sister. Eventaully, she was forced to leave her home without any food or money. One day, while Asuka was out on the streets, a girl with brunette hair walked up to her and asked if she wanted to become a competitive Duelist, to which Asuka answered yes. To this day, she has kept her relationship with her team strong, and always thinks about her team first before planning any action.
[b]Deck: [/b]Asuka Yoshida uses the advanced monster Archetype known as Cloudians. She also uses recognizable Water Attribute Tuners in order to bring out Water Attribute Synchro Monsters. Her favorite combination is to utilize "Cloudian - Turbulence's" effect, littering her field with "Cloudian - Smoke Balls", and then tuning them with another Water Attribute Tuner on her next turn.[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Yuma Ishiko']
[img]http://i1119.photobucket.com/albums/k640/akasudds/YumaIshiko.jpg[/img]
[b]Name: [/b]Yuma Ishiko
[b]Age: [/b]30
[b]Bio: [/b]When Yuma Ishiko was a teenager, she boasted that she had the fiercest Deck around. She decided to put that to the test by competing in the World Riding Grand Prix, but she was eliminated in the first round. Frustrated with herself, she revamped her Deck and started scouting out members for a team, hoping to storm the Future Worlds Championship and claim the crown as their own. Yuma Duels because she wants to free her two sisters from the clutches of Satellite and bring them to New Domino City.
[b]Deck: [/b]Yuma's Deck combines the Dragonic force of the "Dragunity" monsters with the beatdown power of the "Mist Valley" monsters. Yuma claims that she combines this deck in order to employ the "place in hand" techniques of her "Mist Valley" monsters to her "Dragunity" cards that are equipped as Equip Cards. This gives her an advantage over other Duelists that just use one or the other.[/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler]

And here is Chapter 2. I've decided not to do the references thing anymore, but decided that I'll give +1 rep for constructive reviews. Enjoy.

[spoiler='Chapter 2']CHAPTER 2 – The Witch

[i]Ressen imagined himself riding his Duel Runner, cruising along the circular track, dueling another person. It was Ressen’s turn and he was about to Synchro Summon “Fabled Leviathan” with his “Fabled Raven”, “The Fabled Ganashia”, and “Goldd, Wu-Lord of Dark World”. He felt confident that he was about to put another duelist out of commission. But then, just suddenly, as he was about to say his Summon Chant, his Duel Runner started to lose control, wobble, and spun out of control. The force and weight was too much for him to control, and soon he was thrown off his Duel Runner. The force of the impact instantly ignited the fuel inside the Duel Runner, setting it ablaze. A broken and struggling Ressen could only lift his head up. There, in the flames, was the shadow of one particular person. It approached Ressen, still being shadowed.[/i]

[i]“This is your ultimate demise…”[/i]

Ressen awoke to the sounds of chattering people outside. His senses were on high alert. Sweat was dripping down his face. Now he remembered; he was back in the garage. He looked at the clock at the corner of his desk. It was 4:00 in the morning. It was that nightmare again. It was the same nightmare that he had since his childhood, and no matter what he did, it still reappeared in his dreams as some sort of message. What was it, though?

Ressen had trouble falling asleep after that, so, without anything else to do, he put on his pants and belt and headed downstairs. He knelt next to his prized possession, “Lunar Glint”. The barely awake Ressen extended a hand to his wrench.

“It’s a little early for that, isn’t it?”

Ressen was startled. He didn’t know who else it could be. He was still shocked after the nightmare he just incurred. Ressen looked up to see a large, round man with a phoenix tattoo on his left arm looking down straight at him. Ressen and the man swapped looks.

“Ahh, it’s just Phoenix…” Ressen said to himself.

“In the flesh.” Phoenix started down the stairs. It was clear that Ressen had a rough night. “So what’s been eatin’ ya, man?”

Ressen didn’t look up from the Duel Runner. “It was that dream again…”

“That same one?” Ressen nodded in approval. “Look, you can’t let it get to ya. It’s just a dream, it probably won’t happen anytime soon.” Ressen didn’t look up. He was concentrating on his Duel Runner. “Hey, am I getting through t’ ya?” Ressen nodded again.

“I appreciate all that you have done for me. Really, I couldn’t have made it this far without your guy’s help.”

“Hmm? What’s with the schmaltziness all of a sudden?” Phoenix asked. He was afraid of what the answer might be. “You’re gonna go after him, aren’t you? I told you before; revenge is not the way to go!”

“But he is right there in front of me! He must pay! After all, the bastard ruined my family, destroyed all that I had left…”

“Ressen.” Phoenix said authoritatively. “Just forget it. It’s the past. If you are always looking to the past, you’ll always be wrought with grief.”

Ressen ignored his friend’s comment. Images of that night burned within his mind. He had to answer for the crime he committed. Ressen tightened one of the lug nuts on his Duel Runner’s tire, as tight as it could possibly go, before he climbed on.

“Sorry if this wakes him up, but I need to get my mind off of some things.”

“Wait, Ressen,” Phoenix said. But it was with little effort, for the driven Ressen was already peeling off out of the garage and into the empty streets of the night. Phoenix was left behind in both amazement and frustrated, probably at the same reasoning. “That damn fool…”

Phoenix shut the door to the garage. It would probably be some time before he returned. Phoenix took this time to reflect on his friendship with Ressen. It was a little sour at times, but at other times, it was filled with some of the best moments that Phoenix could ever cherish.

[i]Phoenix was lost within his own world. His flashbacks took him back to the first time that the two were dueling on Duel Runners.[/i]

[i][b]Phoenix LP: 2500, SPC: 6[/b][/i]
[i][b]Ressen LP: 4000, SPC: 6[/b][/i]

[i]“That makes it my move, Phoenix,” Ressen said. “If you won’t give me back my Fabled Valkyrus, then I’m gonna beat it out of you! [/i]

[i]"I Normal Summon “[url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Fabled_Kushano"]Fabled Kushano[/url]". Then I’ll tune my "Fabled Kushano" with my “[url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Brron,_Mad_King_of_Dark_World"]Brron, Mad King of Dark World[/url]" to perform a Synchro Summon. Come forth, “[url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Chaos_King_Archfiend"]Chaos King Archfiend[/url]!"[/i]

[i]“What? Is that your new ace monster now,” Phoenix asked.[/i]

[i]“Not even close. You have yet to see my true power. I now activate “Fabled Kushano’s” ability. Since she is in the Graveyard, by discarding one other “Fabled” monster from my hand, she returns to my hand. And now, since "[url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Fabled_Krus"]Fabled Krus[/url]" was discarded from my hand, I’m now allowed to Special Summon one “Fabled Monster” from my Graveyard. You know what that means, right?”[/i]

[i]“Oh no, not again…”[/i]

[i]“That’s right, "[url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Fabled_Grimro"]Fabled Grimro[/url]" reappears! But, I’m gonna have some fun beating your best monster. See, it’s got really high ATK, but not enough DEF…”[/i]

[i]“What are you saying?”[/i]

[i]“I’m saying that my “Chaos King Archfiend” will go on and attack that “Sacred Phoenix of Nephthys”. When “Chaos King Archfiend” declares an attack, the monster that I target has its ATK and DEF switched, meaning that I’ll be able to inflict some serious damage! Go, Archfiend!” [/i]

[i][b]Sacred Phoenix of Nepthys: (2400/1600>>1600/2400)[/b][/i]

[i][b]Phoenix LP: 1500[/b][/i]

[i]Phoenix was probably too harsh that time. Nevertheless, he came to his senses and gave his best friend his card back. Phoenix vowed himself that he would be the best duelist he possibly could be. Phoenix and Ressen really spent a lot of their childhood together. They were always looking out for each other, especially during the time they lived in the Satellite. Living there was like having a skater’s blade to your neck all the time: one false move and you’re done for. The two were inseparable, until Phoenix got an offer that he couldn’t refuse. That was probably the biggest mistake of his life; to against his friend’s back the way he did was so stupid of him. But of course, Ressen foiled the mastermind behind the plot, and together, they both got what they were looking for.[/i]

Phoenix headed back up the stairs and back to his room. “What a night…” he said to himself.

Ayame awoke with the morning sun blazing in her eyes. Sometimes she dreaded the fact that her window was on the east side of the building. She looked over at the clock. It was 7:44. She laughed to herself; she had awoken one minute before her alarm would go off. Ayame glanced around the room. Her roommate, Michiko, was probably already eating breakfast. Ayame remembered the duel that they had last night.

[i]“And now, my “[url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/XX-Saber_Hyunlei"]XX-Saber Hyunlei[/url]” can attack you directly, meaning that I win this match!”[/i]

That’s right. Ayame remembered now how fun her duel was with Michiko. She had a new Deck, one that involved using her Monarchs to their full potential. But nevertheless, Ayame still won, as she always did. Her undefeated streak at New Domino Duel Academy continues to go on, unbroken. Ayame had realized that she had fallen asleep in her robe, which didn’t surprise her; her new habit of laziness was really getting to her.

At 8:00, the bell for first period rang, and Ayame hurriedly made her way to her first class. Michiko was trailing right behind her, chatting away. Ayame tuned her out, focusing on getting to class on time. It was at that time, when Ayame turned the corner, she bumped into another girl, dropping all of her books and papers.

“Ahh! I’m sorry, I’m sorry. Here, let me get that for you…” Ayame said to the girl. She looked up at her. She was not dressed in the usual garb that the other students wear. No, she had a different outfit on, and one that spelled out disaster.

The girl wore a black robe that covered her entire body, red gloves, and a black neckpiece that was situated above her laced top. This was not the usual New Domino Duel Academy Uniform. As Ayame started to look at her face, however, it was clear that there was something wrong with this girl. Heavy black bags sat underneath her eyelids. Her hair, spunk, yet straight, covered her right eye, and the rest of it tied behind her in a long ponytail, almost touching the ground. Her eyes were as black as night, and seemed to pierce right into Ayame’s pure blue ones. Ayame gathered up the rest of the girl’s books, casting her fear aside for the moment, and gave them to the girl.

“Here. Again, I’m sorry; I guess I’m in a rush…”

The girl took the books Ayame offered her. “Thanks.” Her expression remained unchanged. It seemed like it was a face of fear, repent, irreversible discord, hate, or simply boredom, or not caring. Ayame didn’t know what to think. The mix of different emotions rattled her mind. Suddenly, Michiko grabbed her friend’s arm, almost breaking it off in a display of force, and dragged her friend to her next class.

First period flew by in a breeze, as it always did. But something didn’t feel right. The whole time during class, Ayame couldn’t get the image of the girl out of her mind. It seemed to stick with her, like rubber to the road. Who was she, she wondered? The girl had left without saying anything, leaving only that simple question. Michiko, sitting a seat in front of and to the right of Ayame, studied intently on her work and on the professor, but Ayame couldn’t even lift her pencil to write down notes. What was the strange sensation that she felt? Was it fear? She remembered the image of the girl’s eyes, as they were heavy with distraught, or what seemed like not enough sleep.

Before she knew it, the rest of the day had been set as history. It was lunch hour now, and Ayame had made a habit of sitting with her closest friend at the lunch table. Michiko was already at the table devouring away at her food. It was disgusting, but yet it brought a smile to Ayame’s face. The two were inseparable ever since they came to Duel Academy, and it was moments like this that Ayame learned to cherish, even when their paths would most likely never cross again. Ayame sat down across from Michiko.

“How did fourth period Physics go? I imagine it went well, what with all the sleeping you’ve done over the past week?” Ayame questioned.

“Oh, yea, it went…uhh…very well.” Michiko said, slowly. Ayame knew that she was lying. She gave Michiko a look and she straightened up. “Okay, I don’t get it…uggh, I knew Accelerated Physics was not my thing. That’s always been your thing.”

Ayame was flattered. She was after all one of the top ten of her class right now. Suddenly, she felt tense. Ayame looked up to find the same girl that she had bumped into this morning sitting at a table directly across from her. Her face dissipated into a somewhat sad, depressed look. Perhaps she did not like the food that the cafeteria had today, or maybe it was something more. It was not Ayame’s place to know, but she couldn’t bear to look anyone look so depressed or hurt, friend or not. She resumed her eating, but before long, there was a disturbance that made her look up at the girl. There were two boys that were of the same grade level as Ayame that had approached the girl. It was obviously clear that the boys were taunting the girl. Ayame overheard one particular thing one of the boys did say, however:

“You don’t deserve to be here. Go back to where you came from! Witch…” Then the two boys left. Ayame thought to herself. That’s not true at all. Everyone has their own place within the world. As Ayame got up from the table to approach the girl, she did the same. She turned and left the cafeteria. Why were those two boys picking on her? Suddenly, Ayame didn’t seem too comfortable.

The rest of the day progressed the same way as it always did: long, boring, and dull. The last class of the day, however, Accelerated Dueling Class, was the most fun. This was the class where she could really display herself as being the best of her class. Ayame proceeded towards her seat, where she sat in between a boy to her left, and a sleeping girl dressed in a black robe to her right. Ayame suspected that it was her again: the same girl that she had bumped into this morning and the one that was being bullied at the lunch table. Ayame felt a morsel of pity for the girl. She had no right to be suffering through this kind of torment. Then, she got an idea.
Ayame approached the girl, afraid of what might happen next. It was better than nothing though. She couldn’t bear to see anyone go through this. The girl looked up to her.

“Hey, I’m Ayame. I…uhh…noticed you at the lunch table today.” She tried to be delicate in her wording. She didn’t want to offend her, or place her in a worse condition. “I just wanted to tell you…what those kids are doing is mean. They have no right to pick on you. The only reason that they do is to put you down, so they can be above you. Just ignore them…”

Ayame started to feel like it wasn’t going to help. Then, the girl looked up. “Thanks…again.” Her face suddenly turned from an expression of serious downheartedness to a lively smile that creased the entirety of the girl’s face. “I’m Kimiko…Nakamura.”

Ayame smiled. “Nice to know you finally, Kimiko.” Ayame then took to her seat.

The class slugged by, a lot longer than it usually was. She never felt this class would be so dry and boring. Ayame must have heard the same explanation about a hundred times. Field Spell this, Field Spell that…it almost irritated her.

As she was exiting class, Ayame was unaware that Kimiko was right behind her. Two girls that were coming the opposite way stopped Ayame. “Hey, Ayame. The top student of our class…” The two girls then noticed the clad-black girl and instantly stopped their sentence. One of the girls turned away in disgust. Ayame turned around to see Kimiko right behind her. She was startled, but she wasn’t afraid anymore. One of the girls continued, smirking. “The top student of our class…is friends with a witch? That’s a first…”

Witch? She recalled what the two boys had said at the lunch table. Ayame felt blood boiling, her aggression running high. She heard Kimiko sniffling to herself. Ayame’s rage then made her heart race, her head sweat, and she clenched her fists. She approached the two girls. “You…”

Instantly, there was a gust of wind. The blast almost made Ayame fall over, but the other two girls still stood upright. Ayame turned around to see a dark purple and gray wind surrounding Kimiko. Her head was hung, looking at the ground. She pulled off her robe to reveal a black and yellow Duel Disk. The great mass of energy that collected around Kimiko’s feet seemed to revolve constantly. Kimiko held a card out. It was a Duel Monsters card. “Appear…”[url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Splendid_Rose"]Splendid Rose[/url]”!”

Instantly, the wind beneath Kimiko shot out. A cyclone of purple and gray matter sped through the hallway, ripping the corners off the building structure. The force from the blow made Ayame fall. From out of the wind, a monster appeared. How was this possible? There wasn’t an actual duel going on, so how can she be projecting a monster card in reality? The “Splendid Rose” appeared, right in front of Kimiko. The monster was a blonde girl levitating on top of a flower, with four thorns reaching out in all directions. The thorns from the monster lashed out at the two girls, who were positioned right above the fallen Ayame. And then Ayame heard it: a crack from one of the girl’s ribcages. The “Splendid Rose” then proceeded to lash the girl’s face with its thorns. She fell to the ground, unconscious. The other girl tried running away, but it was too late. The “Splendid Rose” grabbed the girl from the ankle, making her trip and fall. Then, the monster dragged the helpless girl towards Kimiko. Before stopping short of the terrifying monster, she decided to wrap her thorns around the entirety of the girl’s body. The monster lifted the girl into the air. Ayame was terrified of what might happen next. She needed to do something.

“Kimiko, stop!”

Instantly, the monster stopped it’s action. There was a tense moment of fear of what might happen next. The “Splendid Rose” released its grip from the helpless girl. With a thud, she dropped to the floor. Instantly, she ran off in terror. Ayame was stunned. What the hell just happened?

“Kimiko…”

When the monster vanished, the only two people that were left were Kimiko and Ayame. Ayame approached Kimiko, but in an instant, Kimiko turned around, buried her face in her hands, and ran off. Her sobs could be heard as she ran down the hallway. Ayame thought to herself. “No one deserves to live like that…”

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Theme Music for this Chapter'][url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34mNg12vg6Q&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.c...feature=related[/url][/spoiler]

Two more comments and I post Chapter 3.

Another good chapter, Phoenix bio?

I would like to have seen the Ayame v Michiko duel straight away and not start with a toally different story from last time, but thats just my opinion.

And also I dont know if your waiting to do this or just cant make them longer but the duels seem to be a bit shot for me.

Cant wait for the next chapter someone else better comment. :D

[quote name='Alexis Rhodes' timestamp='1312015635' post='5400675']
Another good chapter, Phoenix bio?

I would like to have seen the Ayame v Michiko duel straight away and not start with a toally different story from last time, but thats just my opinion.

And also I dont know if your waiting to do this or just cant make them longer but the duels seem to be a bit shot for me.

Cant wait for the next chapter someone else better comment. :D
[/quote]

Phoenix bio I think will be posted with chapter 3. I probably should have put him in (it's eight o' clock in the morning, I can't think straight), but the thought never crossed my mind. And don't worry about Duel Length, I just wanted to establish in the first chapter that Ressen is Mr. All-Powerful one-shot OTK guy who always wins his duels. And if a duel is what you're looking for, Chapters 3 and 4 have about as much dueling as you can crave in a day.

As far as irl progress goes, I'm up all the way through 11 now and started working on the final chapter. I read in a book once that it is better to start out at the beginning, then make the ending of your story, and then go back and fill the rest in. It's like, "if you know where you are headed, it's easier to get there", rather than just flying by and focusing on making some ridiculously complicated story with lots of subplots.

C'mon guys, comments plz. <_<

Well, good thing that I didn't have to go back through my fan-fic to try to fix the spoilers. I extend my apologies to the other guys who have had to go through and re-write their entire fan-fic.

But with that being said, I still need one more reader before I post Chapter 3. And Phoenix Bio shall be up soon.

Stupid Anime Girl FML.

Alright, I'm tired of waiting, so I'm gonna post Chapter 3.

[spoiler='Chapter 3'] CHAPTER 3 – Light End Dragon vs. Splendid Rose, Part 1

The next morning, Ayame had awoken to the sound of people chatting outside her room. Michiko was not in the room as usual, which meant that she was probably already eating breakfast in the cafeteria. That was, until she looked at the clock in her corner. It was 6:38. How in the world can anyone be up this early? Ayame dressed herself in her robe, listening in on the people’s conversation outside.

“…and I will tell you again that it won’t happen.”

“Yes, I know. I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have said what I said.”

There was a long pause in the conversation. From what Ayame could deduce, there were two girls outside of her room.

“I am no witch…”

There was a third voice. It was undoubtedly Kimiko’s voice. The other two girls, Ayame was not so sure about. The first one sounded familiar, almost like Michiko. Ayame couldn’t wait any longer. She opened up the door.

“Ahh. Ayame, you startled me!” Said one of the girls. Ayame instantly knew who it was. It was Mrs. Nike (pronounced Nee-Kay). She turned back to the other girl. Mrs. Nike crossed her arms. “Am I understood?”

“Yes, ma’am,” the other girl said. It was the same girl from yesterday, the one who was about to be slammed to the ground by Kimiko’s monster. The girl walked off. Mrs. Nike turned to Ayame.

“Ahh, Ayame. I got word of what happened. Well, I must be on my way. I hope you have a good day.”

How could Ayame possibly hope to have a good day? Two rude girls had already awoken her from her sleep at such an early time, plus she was staring Kimiko right in the face. Ayame scratched the back of her head awkwardly. “Hey, about yesterday…”

“Save it. I don’t want your pity…” Kimiko spat. Ayame’s gauche expression degenerated into a state of confoundedness. She thought all was well between the two. Then, Kimiko walked off, in a hurried state. What was going on with her? Ayame constantly kept reminding herself of the same thing.

No one deserves to live like that.

Ayame decided to spend the rest of her early morning by watching old re-runs of some of the best duels ever broadcast on television. Ayame got a thrill out of watching the duelists on Duel Runners rip around the track at blazing high speeds while playing her favorite game in existence. She idolized those types of Duelists that could be called legendary, and Ressen Ikeda was one of them. Ever since five years ago, when Ressen really started bringing in fame and fortune for being one of the best duelists in existence, Ayame has taken a strong position on the world of Turbo Dueling, and it is a position that she greatly defends. After all, she had the fame and the Duel Runner, and there was nothing stopping her now.

But no matter how far away she put off the reality, Ayame re-witnessed the image of yesterday’s spectacle hundreds of times over. How could Kimiko do such a horrible thing? Well, the two girls probably deserved it. Ayame always said the same thing to herself, however.

The morning was followed up with news of yesterday’s incident, which was being broadcast all over the school. Ayame couldn’t stand it: they were putting this poor girl down even further. It wasn’t right of them. Ayame stood outside Michiko’s room, waiting for them to go down to breakfast together. Usually, Michiko waited for Ayame, but today, it was reverse. The door swung open.

“Ayame…why are you up so early? Usually, I’d be waiting for you…” Michiko said, half-asleep.

“Well, there was an incident this morning that I’d rather not talk about. Let’s go down to breakfast.”

“Okay. I couldn’t agree with you more.” The duo then went down to the cafeteria.

The rest of the day progressed as it usually did. However, things were quite different today in the scope of reality. She didn’t see Kimiko this morning, nor did she see her in Accelerated Dueling Class. Ayame knew what kind of torture that Kimiko was going through. Throughout the entire class, the kids couldn’t stop bugging her about being friends with “The Witch”. Ayame grimaced.

Ayame had an idea after school. It was obviously clear that Kimiko was hurting, so Ayame decided to be a good person and try to cheer her up. It might be difficult though.

[i]“Save it. I don’t want your pity…”[/i]

True, Ayame didn’t know what she was getting herself into, but she couldn’t let one of her “friends” be acting this way. Ayame thought to herself. “This is for a good cause. No one here deserves to be treated this way.” Ayame knocked on Michiko’s door, to which the answer was the door opening slightly ajar.
“I’m coming in, Michiko. It’s just me, Ayame.”

“Come on in.”

Ayame entered the room. Michiko was half-dressed, already getting into her pajama pants. The timing couldn’t be worse. “I need you to come with me,” Ayame demanded. This tone Michiko was not used to hearing from Ayame.

“Umm, why,” the startled Michiko said. “I’m already getting comfortable.”

“This is important. I need you to come with me.”

Minutes later, Ayame and Michiko burst out the door. Ayame was practically dragging Michiko across the floor, but she didn’t really mean it. Then, the two came to Kimiko’s room.

“Just what do you think you are doing,” asked Michiko.

“Going to cheer her up. She needs a good friend. Who better than me?”

“Who?”

Ayame entered the door. She noticed a suitcase and a studious Kimiko sitting at the desk, assembling her Deck. In the corner sat her “Splendid Rose” card. She looked over at the door, and then back to her cards.

“I’m leaving.” Kimiko said. There was a Duel Disk attached to her left arm already. It was apparent that she never took it off after yesterday’s incident.

“Is that…the witch, from yesterday?” Michiko asked quizzically. Instantly, Kimiko tightened her face into an expression of extreme hatred. Ayame realized the danger that Michiko just brought upon herself. Kimiko reached for her Deck, almost tempted to pull out the “Splendid Rose” card. Ayame needed to act quickly.

“Michiko, apologize right now! She has a name.”

The stunned Michiko could only look at her friend. She bowed. “I’m sorry, I’m sorry. I just…didn’t know.” It seemed to work, as the previously tense Kimiko seemed to relax and released her grip from the Duel Disk. “I’m sorry.”

“Save it,” uttered Kimiko. “What do you want?”

“Why are you leaving?” Ayame asked.

“Isn’t it obvious? The chancellor told me so. He said another incident like this and I’m expelled.”

“You can’t leave.”

“I already said I don’t want your pity. Now leave me be,” Kimiko said with finality. But Ayame remained stubborn.

“You know, I liked you a lot better yesterday when you were calm. Remember when you thanked me when I helped you pick up your books, and when you thanked me again for giving you good advice? What happened to that girl?”

“You don’t know me! How you could ever know me is beyond reasoning!”

Ayame had an idea. For years when she was growing up, she was always taught that the best way to a person’s heart is through Dueling. Ayame had to take advantage of this opportunity.

“Tell you what? How about we strike a deal? I want you to stay with the school, so we two can help you out and get to know you better. We don’t want you to leave. Everything can be made better.”

“No, I deserve to be out of the way in everyone’s life,” Kimiko said softly. It was obviously clear that her emotions were rapidly changing. “It’s better for everyone if I just disappear.”

“No one deserves to live that way!”

Finally, Ayame had said it, almost at the top of her lungs. The other two were stunned at what she just said. Ayame clenched her fists.

“No one deserves to be put below the earth. No one said that you were born this way. We both want to show you that the world isn’t as bad as it seems.”

Kimiko was stunned. She turned away. “I heard that same phrase a long time ago. But then, the more I thought about it, the less real it seemed.”

“It is real. We two, Michiko and I, can show you. But you have to stay here with us. Otherwise, we can’t help you.”

“No. Just stay out of my business.”

Ayame just couldn’t get through to this girl. She had one last chance. “Alright, how about this? We Duel it out! If I win, you have to promise to stay here until the end of the year, and we’ll show you what true friends are all about. But if you win, you can leave her anytime you want.”

“Really, that’s it? This’ll be easy, then. I’ll crush that pathetic Deck of yours and then you’ll be out of my way,” Kimiko pointed at Ayame. It was obviously clear that the mix of emotions coursing throughout Kimiko were both pleasant and malicious. Ayame had to find that connection of happiness that Kimiko still had…if it was still there.

“Tomorrow evening, after dinner, 18:00. That okay?” Ayame questioned Kimiko.

“Humph. Fine with me. Bring it…” Kimiko muttered.

Ayame turned and started heading for the doorway. “If you think this Duel is going to be easy, you’ll be in for a real treat, Kimiko.” Then she left. Kimiko sighed. The stunned Michiko raced after her friend.

“Are you crazy? She’ll tear up the entire school again! Is that what you were planning this whole time?” Ayame remained speechless. Only a smile was present on her lips.

It was already 17:55. Ayame was all set up and prepared to Duel. The only thing missing was her opponent, which she thought had skipped out and left already. Ayame was early, though. Michiko was sitting at a table from which she could witness the entire Duel. She would have the perfect angle to catch all of the action and monsters. Michiko had waited for a long time to see what kind of strategy that Ayame would implore against this mysterious new Duelist, whose power would be able to materialize monsters in real-life! Michiko prayed for her friend to be cautious.

17:59, and Ayame noticed someone out the corner of her eye. It was Kimiko, and she was carrying a suitcase full of belongings.
“Well, everything that I need for my travels is in this suitcase. If I win…”

“That’s right. You haven’t forgotten our deal, I see.”

“And when I defeat that pitiful deck of yours, I’ll be free from your troubles.”

“Bold words. Y’know why they call me the Queen of Dueling at this school? It’s because I have the best deck that this school has ever seen.”

“Ha! I’ve seen much better. My brother would wipe you all over the tiling if he were here.”

Brother? So Kimiko had family that Ayame didn’t know about. It was another excuse for her to try to open up that connection.
“Alright, everything is set up.” Ayame drew her five-card hand. Kimiko followed in a similar pattern.

“Be careful, Ayame. Something tells me that you may be in for a tough fight,” Michiko thought to herself.

[b]Ayame LP: 4000[/b]
[b]Kimiko LP: 4000[/b]

“Royalty goes first, if you don’t mind!” Ayame said. She drew her sixth card. It was apparent that Kimiko wasn’t listening, instead only concentrating on her hand. Ayame looked at hers. There wasn’t anything powerful that she could utilize at the moment. It’s alright; she would just have to play it cool for now. Kimiko then suddenly started chuckling to herself. “What’s so funny all of a sudden,” Ayame thought to herself. Time to find out what Kimiko’s Deck was made up of.

“I Normal Summon "[url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Bri_Synchron"]Brai Synchron”[/url]![b] [/b]And then –”

“I activate the effect of “[url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Naturia_Cosmobeeet"]Naturia Cosmobeet”[/url]. Since you Normal Summoned a monster, I’m allowed to Special Summon “Naturia Cosmobeet” from my hand.[b] [/b]And also, since the effect of a “Naturia” Monster was just now activated, I can also Special Summon “[url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Naturia_Hydrangea"]Naturia Hydrangea[/url]” from my hand as well. Come out in Defense Position!

“Hey, you Summoned on my turn!”

“Yes. I’ll always be a step ahead of you. Once I win, you’re gonna history…be in history textbooks.” Kimiko then started laughing.

“I’ll place a card face-down. Go ahead and make your move,” Ayame said.

[b]Kimiko Card Count: 4[/b]

“I Summon “[url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Naturia_Mosquito"]Naturia Mosquito[/url]” in Defense Position. While this card is on the field, along with another “Naturia” Monster, you can’t attack it! I place a face-down and end my turn!”

Why did she not attack? That “Naturia Hydrangea” could have easily taken out her “Hyper Synchron”. Was it the facedown card that she was concerned about? Well, “[url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Wicked_Rebirth"]Wicked Rebirth[/url]” can’t exactly help right now.

“That was strange,” Michiko thought. “She had everything ready for a Synchro Summon. She could’ve combined the Level 2 “Naturia Cosmobeet” with the Level 5 “Naturia Hydrangea” for a Synchro Summon, more specifically “Naturia Landoise”.

“That makes it my move!” Ayame yelled.

[b]Ayame Card Count: 5[/b]

There wasn’t anything in Ayame’s hand that could help. She had an idea, however. If she pulls this off, then she might be able to try a Synchro Summon.

“I activate “[url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Charge_of_the_Light_Brigade"]Charge of the Light Brigade”[/url]! By sending the top three cards of my Deck to the Graveyard, I can move 1 Level 4 or lower “Lightsworn” Monster from my Deck to my hand. Here goes…”

She was hoping that one of the cards sent would be a “Wulf, Lightsworn Beast”. If so, Ayame would be able to activate its effect, Special Summoning it from the Graveyard and be allowed to Synchro Summon. She had this one chance…

The first two cards were “Foolish Burial” and “XX-Saber Garsem”. This made her play strategy a bit more complicated now that she has lost one of her best spell cards. She picked up the third card from her Deck and flipped it over. Yes! That was it! It was “Wulf, Lightsworn Beast”.

“Now I move “[url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Lyla%2C_Lightsworn_Sorceress"]Lyla, Lightsworn Sorceress[/url]” from my Deck to my hand. But I’m not done yet. See, since “[url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Wulf%2C_Lightsworn_Beast"]Wulf, Lightsworn Beast[/url]” was discarded from the Deck directly to the Graveyard, I can Special Summon him to the field. Appear!”

“Hmm…a very nice trick,” Kimiko interjected.

“This is no trick! I intend to defeat you with everything that I have! I tune my Level 4 “Brai Synchron” with my Level 4 “Wulf, Lightsworn Beast” for a Synchro Summon!”

Ayame now felt a surge of power coming from within her soul. It was the power of her Ace Monster, “Light End Dragon”!

“Shall the shadows rise to power, the light shall prevail and drive the evil spirits away! Synchro Summon, Holy Power, “[url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Light_End_Dragon"]Light End Dragon”[/url]!”

Ayame had pulled it off. Her favorite monster was now out on the field and ready to do battle. The dragon shone with a brilliant white coat, and a gleaming light that illuminated the room. Ayame was ready to do battle.

“Hmm…Ayame’s Ace Monster has finally arrived on the field,” Michiko thought to herself.

“Furthermore, since “Brai Synchron” was used as Synchro Material to Synchro Summon, my monster gains 600 ATK until the End Phase, which is more than plenty to wipe out your monsters. [b](8/2600/2100>>8/3200/2100) [/b]“Light End Dragon”, attack “Naturia Cosmobeet” with your “Shining Sublimation” attack!”

Kimiko only laughed. The “Light End Dragon” began charging up a beam that it generated from its claw. Soon, the beam shot out at the “Naturia Cosmobeet”. The blast was strong enough to kick up a dust cloud around the surrounding area. Michiko, who had been watching from above, also lost sight of the Duel. When the dust settled, Kimiko was still chuckling to herself.

[b]Kimiko LP: 4000[/b]

“What? What is going on? Why are you not hurt?” Ayame questioned. She then instantly felt a surge of pain.

[b]Ayame LP: 1800[/b]

Kimiko laughed to herself. “I’m sorry, did I forget to mention my “Naturia Mosquito’s effect? Well, I may have forgotten to mention that it has a second effect. Whenever you decide to attack one of my other “Naturia” Monsters, you take the battle damage, not I. But don’t worry, my monster still ends up being destroyed. Lucky for you.”

“Nice move, but don’t think this is over yet. I Set one monster, one card face down, and then…I end my turn. Since it is the End Phase, my “Light End Dragon’s” strength returns to normal. [b](8/3200/2100>>8/2600/2100) [/b]Your turn, Kimiko.”

[b]Kimiko Card Count: 3[/b]

“You might have the upper hand now, but this Duel isn’t over yet,” Kimiko yelled. “I Normal Summon “[url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Naturia_Cherries"]Naturia Cherries”[/url]!”

“This doesn’t look good,” Michiko thought to herself. “Now, Kimiko has a Level 1 Tuner out on the field, along with a Level 5 Monster. She’s going to Synchro Summon it!”

“Brace yourself for the grand spectacle. I tune my Level 1 “Naturia Cherries” with my Level 5 “Naturia Hydrangea”! There is no way I am going to let you stop me. I am free to do as I will,” Kimiko yelled.

Ayame instantly started fearing for her life. There was no way to tell if she could fully control herself this time. She needed to stop this duel as soon as possible. She knew what was going to happen next, and if it happened, then the entire school might be in jeopardy.

“Witness the blooming beauty of the peaceful garden that once resided within the soul! Synchro Summon, Ultimate Beauty, “[url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Splendid_Rose"]Splendid Rose”[/url]!"

“It was as I thought. This might be trouble,” Ayame thought to herself.

“I now activate a Trap, “[url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Plant_Food_Chain"]Plant Food Chain”[/url]! With this Trap Card in play, one of my Plant-Type Monsters gets a boost, to the tune of 500 extra ATK points. I Equip “Plant Food Chain” onto my “Splendid Rose”! [b](6/2200/2000>>6/2700/2000) [/b]Well, what’s it going to come down to? Our Ace Monsters are already out on the field. However, which one will survive and seize the victory?”

Ayame certainly had her work cut out for her. She needed to find a way to get that hideous, overgrown flower off of the playing field. Kimiko had no more “Naturia” Monsters on the field, meaning that her “Naturia Mosquito” was wide-open for an attack. She had the cards required to take down “Splendid Rose”, but it wasn’t going to be easy. Kimiko laughed as the sun set in the distance.
[/spoiler]

UPDATE: Phoenix bio has been added. Still looking for a way to upload pics.

[spoiler='Theme Music for this Chapter'][url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-yPU-n0Nr0"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-yPU-n0Nr0[/url] [/spoiler]

EDIT: As far as IRL progress, I am up through Chapter 13.

[quote name='Alexis Rhodes' timestamp='1312373042' post='5409862']
I couldnt read a chapter if it was longer than chapter 3.
[/quote]

That could be a problem, cause Ch. 4 is long. It's 7 pages in MS word, where as Ch. 3 was 5 pages. If I can, I'll see if I can find a way to shorten it up, maybe split it into two parts, like I said I was going to do with those longer chapters. I feel like when I read duels, though, they just kind of fly right by, and it doesn't seem that bad later on.

P.S.: Srry I can't get to your posts earlier. I'm at work from 7:00-11:00 on weekdays, so I can't get to anything until at least 12:00 (If I'm lucky).

P.P.S: Feel free to gorge on the Snickerdoodle cookies I've prepared. NOM!!!

[img]http://www.rachelleb.com/images/2009/02/snickerdoodles_bowl.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Alexis Rhodes' timestamp='1312396698' post='5410851']
I would be happy if you split in into 2 parts if its really long.
[/quote]

Well, the challenge with that would be finding a good place to stop and split the parts, because...spoiler alert!...there's not a whole lot of rising action in the next chapter. It's just a continuation of the duel, and none of the moves are really that memorable (at least, I don't think so), so, in turn, there's no high-rise action, thus, I can't make a cliffhanger. I am, however, glad of the cliffhanger effect of Chapter 3, that was exactly was I was shooting for. Follow it up with a 5D's manga-style ending and it'll be perfect.

[quote]I must say, nice work. I'm enjoying so far, especially chapter three.[/quote]

Woohoo, second reader for this chapter. Thx for feedback IceDorago. Please, feel free to take a cookie, btw. :P
**counts 24 cookies still on the table** hmm...nomnomnom snickerdoodle be delicious.

Actually, a story for most of one chapter, then a small part of a duel which ends in a cliffhanger at the end (as I noticed Chapter 3 kind of was), with the next chapter being mainly duel (as Chapter 4 apparently is if I understand you right) isn't a bad way to do things in my opinion. It balances the amount of story and amount of duels.

Those cookies look delicious by the way. Must... resist... eating... whole plate...

Very true. Especially the thing about the cookies too (lolface)

Alright, since two people commented, I shall post Chapter 4 for convenience. I figure I should start putting the word out; seems that status updates don't really work since they are replaced in twenty seconds, and people hardly ever look at sigs anymore "because they're too big". So I really don't know what to do about doing that.

[spoiler='Chapter 4']
Chapter 4 – Light End Dragon vs. Splendid Rose, Part 2

[i]He was standing off all by his lonesome, looking over the city. It was engulfed in a sea of flames, as far as the eye could see. Fire, nothing more. A tear started to run down his cheek; the city that he had been growing up with ever since he was a child was now a sea of fire. All of the memories came rushing to him, like waves crashing onto the beach. They’d be waves of sorrow, however, for they could not put out the mighty flames that ravaged the earth. He turned around. There was that shadow again![/i]

[i]“This is your ultimate demise!”[/i]

Ressen had yet another flashback, or perhaps a flash-forward. Ressen was determined to find the source of these dreams and where they might be coming from. A sea of fire; a crash on a Duel Runner; it all meant something, but Ressen didn’t know what. It signaled the end of the world, or perhaps the end of Ressen’s hot streak. This was not the same recurring nightmare that he had night after night ever since his childhood, but these recurring nightmares, or visions, led him to believe that there is something large at stake. He pulled over to the side of the road and took out his cellphone.

“Hey, it’s me…I’ve got the card. What else have you figured out? Nothing yet…damn, looks like they aren’t going to let anyone get near them. Alright, I’ll see you back at the garage.”

He then hopped back on his Duel Runner and drove off into the city of lights.

Kimiko stared at her opponent with an evil grin creasing her lips. Ayame knew that she wasn’t going to go down easy.

[b]Kimiko LP: 4000, Card Count: 2[/b]
[b]Ayame LP: 1800, Card Count: 3[/b]

“It’s still my turn, so brace yourself,” Kimiko said with ferocity. “I activate “Splendid Rose’s” ability. By Banishing 1 Plant-Type Monster in my Graveyard, “Splendid Rose” can cut the attack of one of your monsters in half. Say goodbye to “Naturia Cherries”, for now. And say goodbye to your “Light End Dragon”!”

The “Splendid Rose” image wrapped its four thorns around Ayame’s “Light End Dragon”. The dragon’s energy seemed to be transferred to “Splendid Rose”. [b](8/2600/2100>>8/1300/2100)[/b]

“And now, I’ll have my “Splendid Rose” attack your “Light End Dragon”,” Kimiko said, ferocity still in her voice. “Go, Graceful Whip!”

Ayame thought that this attack would be nothing less than “graceful”. In fact, it would be painful if she didn’t activate her Trap Card. Luckily, she was prepared.

“Trap Card open, “[url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Defense_Draw"]Defense Draw”[/url]! This stops your attack and I get to draw one card,” Ayame said.

[b]Ayame Card Count: 4[/b]

“Excellent, Ayame was able to stop Kimiko’s attack,” Michiko thought to herself, who had been observing the entire duel from the sidelines. “But I remember all of the lessons we covered about Plant-Type Monsters, and “Splendid Rose” has another ability that Ayame probably won’t like.”

“Okay, fine, so I didn’t destroy your dragon. But I’m still not through. You still have that facedown monster. I’m anticipating that it’s the Lyla, Lightsworn Sorceress” that you moved to your hand earlier,” Kimiko said. It was almost as if she was taunting Ayame.

“And your point,” Ayame questioned.

“My point is, I’m going to attack that monster with my “Splendid Rose”. By activating “Splendid Rose’s” second ability, by Banishing yet another Plant-Type Monster and halving my “Splendid Rose’s” ATK points, I can attack again! So say goodbye to “Naturia Cosmobeet”, goodbye to half of “Splendid Rose’s” ATK points, and good riddance to your Set Monster. [b](6/2700/2000>>6/1600/2000)[/b]

That was a clumsy mistake that Kimiko just made. Ayame was about to show her wrong. The “Splendid Rose” went in for an attack. The four thorns struck the facedown monster card. From the rubble shone a white wolf holding three cards in its mouth.

“What? I was wrong…” Kimiko said.

“Yes you were. I plan to keep my Lyla around for much longer, Kimiko. However, you’re in for a bit of a treat, yourself,” Ayame said. “See, when my “[url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Ryko%2C_Lightsworn_Hunter"]Ryko, Lightsworn Hunter[/url]” is flipped, I can destroy one card on the field, as long as I give up three cards from my Deck. However, it’s a cost I’m willing to uphold. I target “Plant Food Chain” for “Ryko, Lightsworn Hunter’s” effect!”

The wolf then tossed the three cards into the air and leaped towards its target, disintegrating both itself and “Plant Food Chain” card into a white shroud of light. The three cards that were levitating in the air, which were “[url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/X-Saber_Anu_Piranha"]X-Saber Anu Piranha[/url]”, “[url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Celestia%2C_Lightsworn_Angel"]Celestia, Lightsworn Angel[/url]”, and “[url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/The_Fountain_In_The_Sky"]The Fountain in the Sky[/url]”, dissipated into Ayame’s Graveyard.

“Ha! This might not be so bad after all,” Kimiko smirked. “When “Plant Food Chain” is destroyed while equipped onto a monster, I can Special Summon 1 Plant-Type Monster from my Graveyard. Since “Naturia Hydrangea” is the only one left, I guess I’ll Special Summon it. I switch “Naturia Mosquito” to Defense Position and place a facedown to end my turn.” [b]Splendid Rose: (6/1100/2000>>6/2200/2000), Light End Dragon: (8/1300/2100>>8/2600/2100)[/b]

“It’s my turn,” Ayame yelled.

[b]Ayame Card Count: 5[/b]

“I Normal Summon “[url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/XX-Saber_Boggart_Knight"]XX-Saber Boggart Knight[/url]”. [b] [/b]But the really cool thing about this monster is that “Boggart Knight” has a great Special Effect, allowing me to Special Summon 1 “X-Saber” Monster from my hand. Come out, “[url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/X-Saber_Airbellum"]X-Saber Airbellum[/url]”. [b] [/b]Now I tune Level 3 “X-Saber Airbellum” with Level 4 “XX-Saber Boggart Knight” for a Synchro Summon. Appear, “[url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/X-Saber_Urbellum"]X-Saber Urbellum”[/url]!”

A might warrior holding two swords across his chest appeared on the field. Another Synchro Monster was out on the field. If these two attacks succeed, then Ayame will regain control of the Duel. However, she felt uneasy. “Now I attack “Splendid Rose” with “Light End Dragon”! Go, Shining Sublimation! And just so you know, when “Light End Dragon” attacks, I can activate its effect. By lowering “Light End Dragon’s” ATK and DEF by 500, your monster loses 1500 ATK.”

The “Light End Dragon” began charging up its dreaded “Shining Sublimation” attack to use against the “Splendid Rose”. The fierce white-coated Dragon swooped in for an attack.

[b]Light End Dragon: (8/2600/2100>>8/2100/1600)[/b]
[b]Splendid Rose: (6/2200/2000>>6/700/2000)[/b]

“Too bad that you won’t get to use it. I activate a Trap, “[url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Wall_of_Thorns"]Wall of Thorns”[/url]! When a Plant-Type Monster of mine is attacked, I can activate “Wall of Thorns” to destroy all Attack Position Monsters you control!”

Ayame had walked headfirst into a Trap. This wasn’t going to go well for her. Two of her best Synchro Monsters were about to be destroyed. On the other hand, only one would have to go. Ayame remembered her facedown “Wicked Rebirth” card. It gave the ability to Special Summon a Synchro Monster in her Graveyard, which it was she needed. The “Wall of Thorns” began wrapping its vines around Ayame’s two monsters and dragged them into a pit below.

“Now, I have the upper hand this time,” Kimiko yelled. “There’s not a thing that you can do now!”

“You’re wrong. I have plenty of back up left. This is far from over!”

“Then prove it! Show me you are the Queen at this school!”

“And I will,” Ayame said. However, she couldn’t right now with the cards that she had. “I activate a Spell Card, “[url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Gold_Sarcophagus"]Gold Sarcophagus[/url]”. I Banish 1 Card in my Deck, and I get it 2 turns later.”

Now Ayame had to make a choice. It was between her two favorite monsters, and both of them could change the very duel itself. “XX-Saber Faultroll” had the ability to Special Summon an “X-Saber” Monster from the Graveyard, which is what she needed right now. However, she only had one monster in her hand right now, “Lyla, Lightsworn Sorceress”, and “XX-Saber Faultroll” needed at least two or more “X-Saber” Monsters to be present on the field. However, “Judgment Dragon” could help her easily win the match. She counted the three different “Lightsworn” Monsters in her Graveyard. Ryko, Celestia, and Wulf were already in the Graveyard, so she needed one more “Lightsworn” Monster in order to Special Summon “Judgment Dragon”. If she didn’t draw a “Lightsworn” Monster in the next two turns, then she won’t be able to Summon “Judgment Dragon”, and it will be all for naught. Finally, she had made up her mind.

“I’m Banishing “XX-Saber Faultroll”! So now, it rests in my Banished Zone, but I get it two turns later.”

“I must say, you are a good strategist. But you also need power and might in order to win!” Kimiko yelled.

“Correct. That’s what being the Queen means!”

“I fail to see the power that your Deck possesses. However, I…” Kimiko didn’t finish her sentence, instead laughing aloud wickedly. “My turn!”

[b]Kimiko Card Count: 2[/b]

“I switch my “Naturia Hydrangea” to Attack Mode. You are defenseless! Your field is wide-open! “Splendid Rose”, go in for an attack and win this Duel!” Kimiko had a wide grin across her face.

“Not gonna happen! I reveal a Trap, “[url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Wicked_Rebirth"]Wicked Rebirth”[/url]! By paying 800 Life Points, I can bring back one of the Synchro Monsters you destroyed. A Synchro Monster like my “[url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Light_End_Dragon"]Light End Dragon”[/url]!”

[b]Ayame LP: 1000[/b]

“Welcome back to the field, old friend,” Ayame said.

“Humph. You’re very stubborn. I call of my Attack, but don’t think this is it,” Kimiko grimaced.

“Don’t worry. I’ll find a way to beat you out. Just watch.”

“That was a close call. But there is still more to this duel,” Michiko thought to herself. “Kimiko doesn’t even have a scratch on her, but Ayame’s got only 1000 Life Points left. How is she gonna make this work?”

[b]Ayame Card Count: 3[/b]

She did it. She managed to pull out a card that might potentially win. It might risk her a few Life Points, but she had to take care of those “Naturia” cards somehow.

“I Normal Summon “[url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Jain%2C_Lightsworn_Paladin"]Jain, Lightsworn Paladin[/url]”. Now, Jain, attack her “Naturia Hydrangea!”

Kimiko laughed. “You’re a few points off. My monster has more attack.”

“Incorrect. During the Damage Step when “Jain, Lightsworn Paladin” attacks, she gains 300 ATK points, totaling out to 2100.” [b](4/1800>>1200/4/2100>>1200)[/b]

“But you’re also forgetting my “Naturia Mosquito’s” effect. When you attack and destroy my monster, you are dealt the battle damage!” Kimiko yelled.

“Which will be insignificant compared to last time. Sure I might lose a few points, but it’s all for a better purpose.”

The holographic image of the swordswoman slashed her sword through the “Naturia” Monster. Ayame anticipated the Mosquito’s effect, and Kimiko was right. Ayame felt a shock coursing through her body.

[b]Ayame LP: 800[/b]

“With that monster out of the way, now I can take down your “Splendid Rose” with my “Light End Dragon”! Go, Shining Sublimation!”

With yet another blast from the dragon’s palm, there was a flash of light. Hopefully, there wouldn’t be any obstacles this time. When the dust settled, Kimiko was grinned wickedly.

[b]Kimiko LP: 3600[/b]

“What were you trying to prove there? Why go through the effort?”

“think I did a good job of taking care of your monsters. Now this should be a piece of cake.”

“Oh, really now?” Kimiko raised an eyebrow. “I’ll prove you wrong. I’m not through yet.”

“Neither am I. During the End Phase when “Jain, Lightsworn Paladin” is on the field, I send the top two cards of my Deck to the Graveyard.”

The two cards were “[url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Garoth%2C_Lightsworn_Warrior"]Garoth, Lightsworn Warrior[/url]” and “[url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/At_One_With_The_Sword"]At One with the Sword[/url]”. Ayame now had four “Lightsworn” Monsters in her Graveyard. She regretted not Banishing “[url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Judgment_Dragon"]Judgment Dragon[/url]”.

[b]Kimiko Card Count: 3[/b]

There was a wide grin across Kimiko’s face. “I activate the “[url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Seed_of_Deception"]Seed of Deception[/url]” Spell Card. With this card, I instantly Special Summon a Level 2 or lower Plant-Type Monster from my hand. “[url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Naturia_Tulip"]Naturia Tulip[/url]” fits the bill perfectly.[b] [/b]Next, I Normal Summon “[url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Naturia_Cliff"]Naturia Rock[/url]”! [b] [/b]Next I tune my Level 2 “Naturia Tulip” with my Level 4 “Naturia Rock” and Level 1 “Naturia Mosquito”!”

A Level 7 Synchro Monster. What does she have planned this time?

“I Synchro Summon “[url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Naturia_Landoise"]Naturia Landoise”[/url]!”

At least it wasn’t a “Splendid Rose”, as Ayame had feared.

“Hmm…this puts Ayame in a tough of spot,” Michiko said to herself, “beucase “Naturia Landoise’s” ability means that Ayame won’t be able to activate the effects of any monsters. It shouldn’t be a problem, because “Light End Dragon” is still on the field due to “Wicked Rebirth”, and the Synchro Monster Summoned by the effect of “Wicked Rebirth” has its effect negated. Still, she’ll need a miracle to pull through.”

“When “Naturia Rock” is sent from the field to the Graveyard, I can Special Summon 1 “Naturia” Monster from my Deck. Appear, “[url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Naturia_Rosewhip"]Naturia Rosewhip[/url]”![b] [/b]While “Naturia Rosewhip” is out on the field, you can only activate one Spell or Trap card during your entire turn. This places you at a great disadvantage!” Kimiko then started laughing. “I end my turn.”

Ayame was in a serious situation now. She needed a way to end this duel, and quick. She couldn’t Summon any monsters and she could only play one Spell or Trap card for her one turn. She had to make this move count. “My draw!”

“This turn, the “XX-Saber Faultroll” that was originally Banished now goes to my hand.”

“It won’t help you. I’ve got you pinned down, right where I want you.”

“I activate a Spell Card, “[url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Pot_of_Avarice"]Pot of Avarice[/url]”. I select five monster cards in my Graveyard and return them to the Deck. Then I Shuffle, and draw two more cards. Return, “X-Saber Airbellum”, “Brai Synchron”, “X-Saber Urbellum”, “Ryko, Lightsworn Hunter”, and “XX-Saber Boggart Knight”. Now I draw!”

Just what she was hoping for: a Trap Card. Her second card was “[url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/XX-Saber_Darksoul"]XX-Saber Darksoul[/url]”. That card didn’t help her out at that point, but she was happy that she drew a Trap Card. It was “[url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Vanquishing_Light"]Vanquishing Light[/url]”.

“I place a facedown card. Maybe I can’t activate it this turn, but it’s there, just in case you need it. Now I attack. “Light End Dragon,” destroy her “Naturia Landoise”! Shining Sublimation.”

In a ray of white light, the “Naturia Landoise” disintegrated into a hundred pixels. Finally, Ayame was able to do some damage to Kimiko.

[b]Kimiko LP: 3350[/b]

“And…you’ve still got “Jain, Lightsworn Paladin” to deal with! Remember, when she attacks a monster of yours, she gains 300 ATK during the Damage Step.” Ayame said bluntly. [b](4/1800/1200>>4/2100/1200)[/b]

“It won’t matter since my “Naturia Rosewhip” is in Defense Mode. I won’t take any Battle Damage!”

The paladin made a clean slash through the Rosewhip plant. Ayame now had control of this duel. “You thought you could lock me down with just the hand that I had. Sadly, your plan didn’t work,” Ayame said without heat.

“Hmph. My draw!” Kimiko said.

[b]Kimiko Card Count: 1[/b]

“I Summon “[url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Naturia_Butterfly"]Naturia Butterfly[/url]” in Defense Mode.”

“My turn then,” Ayame said.

“Light End Dragon”, attack!”

“By sending the top card of my Deck to the Graveyard, “Naturia Butterfly” is saved from being destroyed,” Kimiko laughed.

“You are at a stuck position, Kimiko. You don’t have anything in your hand and your field is open for an attack.”

“We’ll see about that!”

[b]Kimiko Card Count: 1[/b]

“I play the Magic Card “[url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Akashic_Record"]Akashic Record”[/url]. With this card, I draw 2 cards, but immediately have to banish them if they have already been used.” She then picked up her two cards. She grinned. “Well, guess I don’t have to worry. I place two cards facedown.”

Ayame didn’t want to walk blindly into a trap again. One of those cards could change the outcome of this duel.

“My turn, now!”

“I summon out a monster that you should remember all too well. “Brai Synchron,” welcome back![b] [/b]Now I tune my Level 4 “Brai Synchron” with Level 4 “Jain, Lightsworn Paladin! The honorable Knights now chase justice throughout triumph. Give my mighty warrior the strength to fight evil, and protect the heavens and earth. Synchro Summon, “[url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Avenging_Knight_Parshath"]Avenging Knight Parshath[/url]"!

“Ha! So predictable of you. Trap Card open, “[url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Crown_of_the_Empress"]Crown of the Empress[/url]”. This card allows me to replenish my hand, by drawing 2 cards for every Synchro Monster on the field. This means in total, that I draw 4 cards.” Kimiko’s face degenerated into a look of sadness. “Aww…you thought you had me.” It was clear that Kimiko was taunting Ayame. Her face then became her usual twisted visage, with the only redeemable feature a glint in Kimiko’s eye.

“Well, with “Naturia Butterfly” on the field, I can’t do anything. She’ll just send a card from her Deck to the Graveyard to negate my attack. Now I’m the one that’s stuck,” Ayame thought to herself. “I place one card facedown and end my turn,” she said aloud.

“Now, it is at this time I reveal another Trap Card, “[url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Ivy_Shackles"]Ivy Shackles[/url]”. During my turn, all of your monsters become Plant-Type, which lets me benefit from a few additional techniques. Now I draw!”

[b]Kimiko Card Count: 5[/b]

“I Tribute my “Naturia Butterfly” in order to Tribute Summon “[url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Naturia_Bambooshoot"]Naturia Bambooshoot[/url]”. And while “Naturia Bambooshoot is out on the field, you can’t activate any Spell or Trap Cards! But he won’t be around for long. Now I activate “[url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Fragrance_Storm"]Fragrance Storm”[/url]! This lets me destroy one Plant-Type monster on the field, and then draw 1 card. And since your monsters are under the control of “Ivy Shackles”, I can target them for “Fragrance Storm’s” effect. Say goodbye to your “Avenging Knight Parshath”.”

The Holy Knight disintegrated into a thousand pixels, leaving only a withered flower behind.

“Perfect. Since I drew a Plant-Type monster from the effect of “Fragrance Storm”, I can show you the card I just drew in order to draw an additional one. I reveal “[url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Glow-Up_Bulb"]Glow-Up Bulb[/url]” from my hand.” She then drew another card.

[b]Kimiko Card Count: 5[/b]

“I have other plans, however. I activate “[url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Card_Rotator"]Card Rotator[/url]”. This card changes the battle position of all of your monsters from Attack to Defense Position. However, I must give up one card to do so. I throw away “Glow-Up Bulb”.”

Instantly, both the Dragon and the Holy Knight knelt downward into their Defense Position and started glowing blue.

“Now I activate “Pot of Avarice”. You should be familiar with this card’s effect. I send five monsters from my Graveyard back to the Deck, shuffle, then draw 2 additional cards. Return, “Splendid Rose”, “Naturia Rock”, “Naturia Butterfly”, “Naturia Rosewhip”, and “Naturia Guardian”. Now I draw two…” There was a bout of silence. She seemed entranced in her cards. Ayame waited in anticipation, knowing of what move Kimiko was going to do next.

“Then I end my turn.”

What? That was all? Why didn’t she do anymore? Was there something holding her back?

“Alright. My move then. And I’m switching both of my monsters back into Attack Position. Then I’ll declare an attack. Go, “Light End Dragon”, attack with Shining Sublimation!”

The “Naturia Bambooshoot” was instantly materialized after the dragon’s fatal attack.

[b]Kimiko LP: 2650[/b]

“Now “Avenging Knight Parshath” can go in for a direct attack. It is at this point I activate a Trap, “[url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Energy_Drain"]Energy Drain[/url]”. Now my monster gains a number of ATK points equal to the number of cards in your hand times 200. You should have left your cards alone, Kimiko. Since you have four cards in your hand, “Avenging Knight Parshath’s” ATK increases by 800!”

[b]Avenging Knight Parshath: (8/2600/2100>>8/3400/2100)[/b]

With a final slash, the “Holy Knight” struck Kimiko with its two blades, marking the end of the Duel.

[b]Kimiko LP: 0[/b]

The monsters on the field faded, and their holograms no more. Kimiko had fallen to her knees in defeat. Michiko, who had been watching from the balcony table, applauded at Ayame’s dueling tactics. But she too was concerned as to why Kimiko didn’t play the effect of “Glow-Up Bulb”, allowing her to send the top card of her deck to the Graveyard and Special Summoning it from the Graveyard. She would have then Synchro Summoned to bring back “Splendid Rose”. She jumped down from the balcony table. Maybe she didn’t want to. Maybe now, Kimiko had realized the destruction that she brought not only to herself, but to those around her who were hurt as well.

Ayame extended a hand to Kimiko, permitting her to grab it, and lifted her up from her defeated position. “I lost…” Kimiko said, hanging her head.

“That’s right. So, what are you going to do now?” Ayame questioned her. Kimiko’s face dissipated into a state of shock.

“But you said that if I lost…”

“Right, but no one is forcing you. I’m not stopping you, and neither is my friend, Michiko.”

“I see. Maybe it’s better this way. I don’t have anywhere to go. I don’t have a family to go to…”

“We can be your family. We can be your mother and father and care for you. Open out to us…that’s what friends are for.”

The three then exited the courtyard, with Michiko chattering away at useless and meaningless things. From out of the shadows, there appeared a figure, wearing a black and purple robe, hooded.

“I see, then…”

The figured then walked, before completely evaporating and disappearing into the shadows.

[/spoiler]

Uggh...so many Hyperlinks in this duel...

Archived