Star Wars needs new prequel?

Thar

Just saw the Phantom Menace a few hours ago after like 10 years. Loved it, but it still just doesn't seem to add up. Who trained Qui-Gon Jinn? Where did Obi-Wan come from? What's Darth Maul's back story? What drove chancellor Palpatine to be rid of the Jedi? It all just doesn't seem connected.

Discuss.

[quote name='Ŋęѵɇᶉɱøɽᶒ' timestamp='1315535402' post='5501584']
Count Dooku trained Qui-Gon Jinn. ^^
Those other questions are usually answered in books, comics, etc.
[/quote]
Hmm... well, I'm not a reader, and neither are most people nowadays. Just saying it would be a lot more convenient if more actual movies were made and not just a stupid kid's show knock-off. Ugh!

[quote name='Blud' timestamp='1315577715' post='5502264']
Hmm... well, I'm not a reader, and neither are most people nowadays. Just saying it would be a lot more convenient if more actual movies were made and not just a stupid kid's show knock-off. Ugh!
[/quote]

I WON'T READ THE LORE SO YOU SHOULD HAVE PEOPLE SAY IT TO ME.

I would say most people actually are readers nowadays. The lore is there, you just have to put some effort into getting to it.

[quote name='Ŋęѵɇᶉɱøɽᶒ' timestamp='1315535402' post='5501584']
Count Dooku trained Qui-Gon Jinn. ^^
Those other questions are usually answered in books, comics, etc.
[/quote]
Thing is, how much of that is canonical? I know Star Wars has LOADS of other branches it's story, but how much of that is in line with the canon of the story.

[quote name='Flame Dragon' timestamp='1315610911' post='5503235']
Thing is, how much of that is canonical? I know Star Wars has LOADS of other branches it's story, but how much of that is in line with the canon of the story.
[/quote]Make your own canon by picking and choosing. That's what I do for everything ever, anyway.

Pick and choose canon is da bess. For example, this...

[img]http://othersideoftheplanet.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/The_Swarm_War.jpg[/img]

...never happened.

On a related note, might a recommend The Truce at Bakura? It's set right after Episode VI, and in terms of the universe it creates is probably better Star Wars than Star Wars. I read it several years ago, so it might not hold up as well as I recall, but...

EDIT: Speaking of Did Not Happen...

[img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/28/The_Force_Unleashed.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Dr. Cakey-chan' timestamp='1315614411' post='5503373']
Pick and choose canon is da bess. For example, this...

[img]http://othersideoftheplanet.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/The_Swarm_War.jpg[/img]

...never happened.

On a related note, might a recommend The Truce at Bakura? It's set right after Episode VI, and in terms of the universe it creates is probably better Star Wars than Star Wars. I read it several years ago, so it might not hold up as well as I recall, but...

EDIT: Speaking of Did Not Happen...

[img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/28/The_Force_Unleashed.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

Erm, The Force Unleashed story line told the origins of the Rebellion. I mean, they couldn't have appeared out of nowhere.

[quote name='Flame Dragon' timestamp='1315610911' post='5503235']
[/quote]

It's very cannon, actually, since it's mentioned in the movies. As for the other branches, they're all also considered cannon. George Lucas pretty much creates all of it, and if he doesn't, the people run it by him first for approval. If you want to figure out more about the Star Wars back story and such, go to the Star Wars Wikia called Wookieepedia.com

Finally, another prequel would be overkill.

[quote name='Der Quizzler' timestamp='1315616810' post='5503486']
Star Wars needs Lucas to back off a little. I mean, thanks and all for making this amazing series... but for notch sakes its been years, stop editing the movies!
[/quote]
Editing? By that do you mean re-touching the original movies? Or just revolutionizing the new ones?

[quote name='JordanPark24' timestamp='1315616752' post='5503475']
It's very cannon, actually, since it's mentioned in the movies. As for the other branches, they're all also considered cannon. George Lucas pretty much creates all of it, and if he doesn't, the people run it by him first for approval. If you want to figure out more about the Star Wars back story and such, go to the Star Wars Wikia called Wookieepedia.com

Finally, another prequel would be overkill.
[/quote]
Making a 4th 'Pirates of the Caribbean' movie was overkill, but everyone loved it (despite the expectations for Blackbeard.) Also, think about how many James Bond movies were produced. That's about the concept I was aiming for with the support of the Star Wars Expanded Universe, just basically focused on the more major and/or important aspects of the overall story line.

I'm just a fan that prefers the movies than the books. I thoroughly enjoyed both trilogies, but it personally needs more expansion as far as media (excluding that cheesy knock-off of a TV show they call Clone Wars. Sooooo original >.>)

[quote name='Blud' timestamp='1315620608' post='5503610']
Editing? By that do you mean re-touching the original movies? Or just revolutionizing the new ones?

Making a 4th 'Pirates of the Caribbean' movie was overkill, but everyone loved it (despite the expectations for Blackbeard.) Also, think about how many James Bond movies were produced. That's about the concept I was aiming for with the support of the Star Wars Expanded Universe, just basically focused on the more major and/or important aspects of the overall story line.

I'm just a fan that prefers the movies than the books. I thoroughly enjoyed both trilogies, but it personally needs more expansion as far as media (excluding that cheesy knock-off of a TV show they call Clone Wars. Sooooo original >.>)
[/quote]

The saga of movies was centered around Anakin and his journey to becoming Darth Vader. Making another prequel to explain a prequel is indeed overkill. Perhaps a movie centered around the New Republic or the Old Republic would be nice, but I don't see any movies coming in the foreseeable future. The Clone Wars isn't that bad, actually. It fills in a lot of gaps between episode II and III. Also, the clone wars explain such things as were Anakin got his scar, how C3PO got gold platting, the battles leading to the epic space battle in the beginning of revenge of the sith, etc...

[quote name='JordanPark24' timestamp='1315628307' post='5503864']
The saga of movies was centered around Anakin and his journey to becoming Darth Vader. Making another prequel to explain a prequel is indeed overkill. Perhaps a movie centered around the New Republic or the Old Republic would be nice, but I don't see any movies coming in the foreseeable future. The Clone Wars isn't that bad, actually. It fills in a lot of gaps between episode II and III. Also, the clone wars explain such things as were Anakin got his scar, how C3PO got gold platting, the battles leading to the epic space battle in the beginning of revenge of the sith, etc...
[/quote]
I guess a prequel to the prequel was a bit of a stretch, but a movie or two on the old and new republic would be nice indeed. And I guess I haven't seen the show, just saw the commercials and thought "Really?"

[quote name='Blud' timestamp='1315663531' post='5504432']
I guess a prequel to the prequel was a bit of a stretch, but a movie or two on the old and new republic would be nice indeed. And I guess I haven't seen the show, just saw the commercials and thought "Really?"
[/quote]

Wow I would love new movies in the past for the old republic with Darth Nihilus and stuff. And I watch the show, its surprisingly not bad. The graphics are incredible, good acting and phenomenal stories, I really like it. But it wouldn't make sense unless you watch the first season 1st.

KOTOR was awesome. TOR is going to be awesome. The first Force Unleashed was great. The books are usually okay, but my favorite are the Fate of the Jedi series.

BTW, the second I read this, that commercial for the Blue-ray Star Wars set came on.

Archived