[Finished]2011 Year-Ending Tournament [LOCK, Reason On Last Post]

Anti-Apocryphal

[center][size=7][font=times new roman,times,serif][u]2011 Year-Ending Tournament[/u][/font][/size][/center]

[center][size=7][font=times new roman,times,serif][size=4]Welcome one and all to my year-ending tournament! This tournament will all be all one-on-ones, collaborations, and team battles. The goal of this tournament is to be the person with the best win-loss record when January 1st, 2012 comes. This is why I'm starting in November. [/size][/font][/size][/center]
[center][size=7][font=times new roman,times,serif][size=4]There will be a panel of judges, not including myself, ranking all of the contestants based on their card-making skills. Depending on the number of people that join, there might be a "Top 10", "Top 15", or "Top 20" list. We will discuss the rankings by PM.[/size][/font][/size][/center]

[center][size=7][font=times new roman,times,serif][size=4]Do you think you have what it takes to be number one? Find out![/size][/font][/size][/center]

[left][size=7][font=times new roman,times,serif][size=4][spoiler=Rules][/size][/font][/size][/left]
[left][size=7][font=times new roman,times,serif][size=4]~ All YCM rules apply[/size][/font][/size][/left]
[left][size=7][font=times new roman,times,serif][size=4]~ Be courteous of other people, no spamming, flaming, trolling, and such[/size][/font][/size][/left]
[left][size=7][font=times new roman,times,serif][size=4]~ Take your arguments to PM[/size][/font][/size][/left]
[left][size=7][font=times new roman,times,serif][size=4]~ I have the right to add more rules as needed[/size][/font][/size][/left]
[left][size=7][font=times new roman,times,serif][size=4][/spoiler][/size][/font][/size][/left]
[left][font=times new roman][font=times new roman,times,serif][spoiler=Current Rankings][/font][/font][/left]
[left][font=times new roman]#1: Verz Bahamut[/font][/left]
[left][font=times new roman]#2: Inferno Knight LC[/font][/left]
[left][font=times new roman]#3: AggroDrago[/font][/left]
[left][font=times new roman]#4: .:Toshiro Hitsugaya:.[/font][/left]
[left][font=times new roman]#5:[/font][/left]
[left][font=times new roman][font=times new roman,times,serif][/spoiler][/font][/font][/left]
[left][font=times new roman][font=times new roman,times,serif][spoiler=Current Events][/font][/font][/left]
[left][font=times new roman][font=times new roman,times,serif]Here, I'll post our current events, along with their deadlines. Some will be marked as "Special Events", meaning I will let all the contestants vote by a certain date which person(s) win their match.[/font][/font][/left]

[left][font=times new roman][font=times new roman,times,serif]1 v. 1s: [/font][/font][/left]
[left][font=times new roman][font=times new roman,times,serif]Collaborations (2 v. 2s): [/font][/font][/left]
[left][font=times new roman][font=times new roman,times,serif]Team Battles (3 v. 3s): [b]The top four on the "Contestants" list will face the bottom four. Each [i][u]person[/u] [/i]must make some sort of Warrior-Type monster to help improve the card Sogen, while inflicting damage to your opponent. Team with the best card wins.[/b][/font][/font][/left]
[left][font=times new roman][font=times new roman,times,serif][/spoiler][/font][/font][/left]
[left][font=times new roman][font=times new roman,times,serif][spoiler=Contestants/Records][/font][/font][/left]
[left][font=times new roman,times,serif][OFF] means you're not doing any events right now. [/font][/left]

[left][font=times new roman,times,serif][3/3] = Three v. Three[/font][/left]
[left][font=times new roman,times,serif][2/2] = Collaboration[/font][/left]
[left][font=times new roman,times,serif][1/1] = One v. One[/font][/left]
[left][font=times new roman]Master of Fusions (0-0) [/font][/left]
[left][font=times new roman]God Kaze (0-0) [/font][/left]
[left][font=times new roman]Mr Spaz (0-1) [/font][/left]
[left][font=times new roman][b](#1)[/b] Verz Bahamut (1-0)[/font][/left]
[left][font=times new roman][b](#3) [/b]AggroDrago (1-0)[/font][/left]
[left][font=times new roman][b](#4) [/b].:Toshiro Hitsugaya:. (0-1)[/font][/left]
[left][b](#2) [/b]Inferno Knight LC (1-0)[/left]
[left][font=times new roman]dylan11932 (0-1)[/font][/left]
[left][font=times new roman][font=times new roman,times,serif][spoiler=Judges/Rankers][/font][/font][/left]
[left][font=times new roman][font=times new roman,times,serif]Mr. Striker (Judge); Me (Ranker)[/font][/font][/left]

[left][font=times new roman][font=times new roman,times,serif]I will rank you based on what Mr. Striker tells me.[/font][/font][/left]
[left][font=times new roman][font=times new roman,times,serif][spoiler=Prize][/font][/font][/left]
[left][font=times new roman][font=times new roman,times,serif]Judges will receive 1 like for their work.[/font][/font][/left]
[center][font=times new roman][font=times new roman,times,serif][size=6]1000 Points[/size][/font][/font][/center]
[center][font=times new roman][font=times new roman,times,serif][size=6]+Like x3[/size][/font][/font][/center]
[center][font=times new roman][font=times new roman,times,serif][size=6]Special Gift From Me[/size][/font][/font][/center]

[left][font=times new roman][font=times new roman,times,serif][size=4][/spoiler][/size][/font][/font][/left]
[left][font=times new roman][font=times new roman,times,serif][size=4][spoiler=Deadline To Enter Contest][/size][/font][/font][/left]
[left][font=times new roman][font=times new roman,times,serif][size=4]I need all who want to enter to post by [b]November 10th, 2011. [/b]The first matches will be made on the 5th.[/size][/font][/font][/left]
[left][font=times new roman][font=times new roman,times,serif][size=4][/spoiler][/size][/font][/font][/left]
[left][font=times new roman][font=times new roman,times,serif][size=4][spoiler=Announcements][/size][/font][/font][/left]
[left][font=times new roman][font=times new roman,times,serif][size=4]November 7th: We will have a "Top 5" list, with the rest being unranked; contest has started![/spoiler][/size][/font][/font][/left]

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[color=#666666][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Username- Mr. Striker[/size][/font][/color]
[font=times new roman][color=#666666]Why should I let you be judge?- Expertise ain't cheap. Mine, however, is cheap enough for you to obtain. Besides, I need to shake off some dust on my reviewing.[/color][/font]
[color=#666666][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Your review on the card I sent you. (I'll PM you a card when you post the app- just edit within a day.)- [/size][/font][/color]
[color=#666666][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]What kind of use does this card have? It just creates a beatstick. Nothing that interesting.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#666666][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Is it useful for you in a low-LP situation?: I think not. I will say this again, but I'll say it here too. It takes 1500 Life Points to gain 1100 ATK. I could be using another card for ATK gain that doesn't cost Life Points. They say Life Points don't matter anymore, but you cannot waste them on an outclassed and useless card.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#666666][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]OCG errors?: The equipped monster gains 500 ATK and 400 DEF. When the equipped monster attacks: Pay 500 Life Points; the equipped monster gains 200 ATK. When the equipped monster gains more than 1000 ATK from this card; draw 1 card. Then, switch this card's ATK and DEF and change it to Defense Position.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#666666][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Picture-name accuracy (does the picture match the name)?: Nebula viewer gives the impression of looking at the stars. I see no stars in the image, so no. Also, it looks more like a moon than a planet.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#666666][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]Other comments?: The card is horrible. It takes 1500 Life Points just for a monster to gain 1100 ATK. On top of that, it switches to Defense Position to do the whole process over again. With the amount of Monster, Spell, and Trap hate around, this card would never be used except by someone who plays casually. Speaking of hate, you would leave yourself wide open if the beatstick you created was destroyed, wasting all the Life Points you payed to make it strong.[/size][/font][/color]

[left]AggroDrago[/left]

[left]Why do you think you'll be number one?[/left]

[left]I haven't posted a new card in a while. Figure it means I'll make something of it. And someone's gotta give Matt a run for his money, right?[/left]

[color=#666666][font=tahoma, helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=3]
Daemon[/size][/font][/color]
Why do you think you'll be number one?[/size][/font][/color]
I won't, I bet this entire thing for me would be a joke. It doesn't hurt to try though.[/size][/font][/color]

Hmm... Lots of great card makers are already here? I'll enter to increase the pressure ^^
Oh, is there a separate pot for people to donate in?

[font=times new roman]Username- .:Toshiro Hitsugaya:.[/font]
[font=times new roman]Why do you think you'll be number one?[/font]- Because I say so.

Is this a card-making contest or a battle royale? If it's for cardmaking- count me in. If not, just ignore this message

[font=times new roman]Username- dylan11932[/font]

[font=times new roman]Question: Why do you think you'll be number one?[/font]

Answer: [color=#FF0000]As far as cardmaking goes, I believe there is no limit to ones potential[/color]. For as the [b]night[/b] draws black trails of [b]shadowed [/b][b]flame[/b] across the [color=#FF8C00]sunset sky[/color], and [color=#00FFFF]midsummer's beauteous aura[/color] is [color=#FF0000][b]shattered[/b][/color] by the [b][color=#FF0000]piercing cries[/color][/b] of [b]starving children[/b]: [u][b]I will be the best[/b][/u]. As the [color=#00FF00]drooping buds [/color]of [color=#0000FF]dew-moist flowers [/color]begin to [color=#A9A9A9]sink lazily to the ground[/color]- [color=#DAA520][b][u]I will become king[/u][/b][/color].
And as the [color=#FFD700]day[/color] becomes [color=#FF0000][b][i]night[/i][/b][/color],[u][b][color=#0000FF] good [/color][/b][/u]turns to [b][u]evil[/u][/b], and the very [b][color=#FF0000]seas themselves turn red [/color][/b]with the [b][color=#B22222]wretched blood [/color][/b]of [b]hateful souls[/b]:
[size=6][color=#FFD700][u][b]I WILL WIN[/b][/u][/color][/size]

Archived