Negate like no tomorrow [Leader Board, Dante vs. Zextra]

Not-so-Radiant Arin

I'm going to skip all the semantics with this one, because I think everyone's got the hang of it now.

[spoiler='Card Requirements']Make a monster card that focuses on negating the effects of monsters on the field. No other requirements at this time. If I think of something else, I'm allowed to change it at will.[/spoiler]

As per Leader Board rules, PM your card submission to me. The first to three votes, or whoever has the most votes by 2/25/2013 at 11:59, wins.

[spoiler='Card A']

189046.jpg

[spoiler='Effect']When this card attacks or is attacked: Allmonsters on the fieldhave their effectsnegated until your next End Phase. If 3 or moreeffects were negated this way: Your opponent discards 1 card from their hand. During either player's turn: You can send this face-up card to the Graveyard and Target 1monster your opponent controls; Its effect is negated until the End Phase.[/spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler='Card B']

whitecarnationdragonv2.png

[/spoiler]

Not to seem like a nazi, but Queen is, to an extent, unplayable:

When this card attacks or is attacked: All monsters on the field have their effectsnegated until your next End Phase. If 3 or moreeffects were negated this way: Your opponent discards 1 card from their hand. During either player's turn: You can send this face-up card to the Graveyard and Target 1monster your opponent controls; Its effect is negated until the End Phase.

The bolbed part is what kills it's own effect, and the underlined part is the reason why.
Since, if it even negates it's self, then it cant check if 3 or more were negated in that way, and the Opponent can't discard at the same time. Plus, since its until your next End Phase, you cant really make use of it's 2nd effect since it would also prevent itself from going off the whole way. Its like if you hit someone's Exiled Force with Veiler, and they went to Tribute it later on; It's effect would be negated.

No offense to it's owner, but the fact that also negates it's own effect, sorta' kills it.
Its got good artwork, though.

Carnation, on the other hand, lets you run over problematic cards like Zenmain and Maestroke, whille still being playable.

Card B gets my vote.

I'm voting or Card B. Armz pointed out a lot of points. Also, Beginning's regard of the creative idea is, too, nice. You could see this having potential to sit alongside Black Rose.

They've really covered all the points, to be honest. But if to have another critique, I would say that the former (Card A) appears to be, but is less practical than the latter (Card B). I doubt it's really as playable.

Archived