Aix Wins! [Leaderboard]

Alpakha

1. All rules of YCM & Leaderboard/1v1 subforum apply

2. No spamming, flaming, or trolling.

3. First to 3 votes win, just post the card here when it's done.

4. Voting ends a week after both cards have be entered

5. Prize is 1 rep and 100 points.

6. Voting ends 3/5/13.

7. Both of us will make a monster card effect that includes a specific def number that isn't 200. A a real card example would be dark eruption. If you need further explanation then just ask me via pm or this thread.

Btw, can I ask you guys to do research before you make a vote. Search up monsters with the specific defense listed in our cards. You don't have, but it's so that things are fair.

189932.jpg

QZuRksG.jpg

[spoiler=Lore]

Instead of Normal Summoning this card, Set it in your Spell/Trap Zone instead. If this card is sent to the Graveyard from the Spell/Trap Zone, you can add 1 monster from your Deck with 1000 DEF. You can only use the effect of "Universal Gateway" once per turn.[/spoiler]

AixDivadis: 3

AznKvn:

This is a toss-up, I can Aix's pretty useless since you're both waiting a turn, but also making them pretty much dead the next turn, and you can't even negate it in any way, but Universal needs at least MST to get it to work. I also am not use if you meant that the normal summon would take up your normal summon or not, but if it does, then there's no way of your opponent knowing that, in which case you want it to say reveal. But it gets monsters below 1000, which has it's uses, and it's fairly balanced, so I'll go with that one.

Leader of the Rebellion can serve purposes that include, reviving your dead Dragoons and/or Marksman, then, you can Tribute Dragoons with Megaloabyss's effect for a search or attack directly with Marksman. You can also Special Summon Gogogo Ghost or Zombie Master. Plus, being DARK, he can also be added to your hand with Recurring Nightmare.

I'm going to have to go with Aix's too, it seems pretty impeccably designed and as far as I see there's not too much to abuse as you can't even go for Dweller with Dragoons on the same turn so it seems pretty well-balanced, my only problem is reviving Venus and making Gachi but honestly if you have a Venus in grave you'll normally have used it already. Kvn's seems a little gimmicky and as you're actually showing it to your opponent so it's unlikely they'll pop it so you need something like Scrap Dragon which is a little inconsistant, plus it eats up your normal summon. Also, the list of cards it can get has some random s*** like DAD, which seems really sacky, Dragunity Dux, which seems kinda cool but not really necessary and Temperance, which is pretty good actually and seems to me like the best Deck to play it in as you don't really need a normal summon and you can pop it with Priestess if you really need to and the deck makes Scrap quite easily too.

To reiterate, I vote for [b]aix[/b]

My card's rulings would be like silvery snow sniper's rulings. You wouldn't have to reveal it..... The amount of blind mst-ing in the game is tremendous and done by almost everyone (pros and noobs alike). The chance that the card is destroyed is pretty high. I'll count Zazi's vote, but I'll wait to see if Lapras changes his mind.

Actually, Kvn, though your card shares the same concept with Silver Sentinel, the rulings between the two are different due to the Normal Summon clause on your card. I know what you are aiming for, but the way that Gateway's effect is worded makes it so you would be forced to reveal it to your opponent before setting it so they know that you cannot Normal Summon that turn. Silver Sentinel, on the other hand, does not have any restrictions in that sense, and thus, you wouldn't have to reveal it before setting it.

With that said, I know that's not how you designed the card to be, but as it is, it would be nearly unplayable, since your opponent would know that you set it - it won't act as MST/Scrap bait, so the only ways it would get its effect off is by having it Heavy'd - unless you MST it yourself.

Aix's card, however, has a great design - it's slow enough that it can't be abused, yet it rewards you if you manage to hold your opponent off, which encourages good p2p interaction.

So unfortunately, Kvn, if I'm voting on the cards I see, I give my vote to Aix.

My card's rulings would be like silvery snow sniper's rulings. You wouldn't have to reveal it..... The amount of blind mst-ing in the game is tremendous and done by almost everyone (pros and noobs alike). The chance that the card is destroyed is pretty high. I'll count Zazi's vote, but I'll wait to see if Lapras changes his mind.

But then how can it take up your normal summon? Your opponent doesn't know if what you're setting is a Trap or it's one of those that should take up your normal summon. What's to stop you just setting this and summoning another monster and nobody would realise?

EDIT: @Zextra - the main difference for me is that you can pop it so you're in control of when you get the effect. Also you could techincally use it with Exa-Beetle/Stag

EDIT: @Zextra - the main difference for me is that you can pop it so you're in control of when you get the effect. Also you could techincally use it with Exa-Beetle/Stag

That's my point - the only reliable way to utilize its effect is by triggering it yourself. And using it with Exa-Beetle sounds pretty fun - Exa-Stag can only use your opponent's field/graveyard though, so you can't be using your own Gateway.

Archived